Connor Barron

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It'd be very weird for a club, one who espouse a strategy of developing our own young players, to prioritise playing 3 loan players from other clubs over our own young player. 

Our own young player who sees his immediate future elsewhere. Fuck him 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
38 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He is good enough though. We all know that. He's shown he is. 

He's been in poor form (like Clarkson) recently but I don't think anyone thinks he's not good enough. 

Cut off our nose to spit our face? Doesn't seem the smartest strategy. 

He hasn’t shown he’s good enough this season and his form has been poorer than Clarkson so he rightfully has been bench for Shinnie. 

Not if it stops other youth players doing the same thing and Aberdeen will still receive a fee for him even if he runs his contract down

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

He hasn’t shown he’s good enough this season and his form has been poorer than Clarkson so he rightfully has been bench for Shinnie. 

Jeezo. Another one. No one is saying he's been good or shouldn't be dropped. 

My post was in reply to a post saying he'd never be in the team going forward because we've 3 loan players that play in his position.

• Dildo 1
19 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Must be a difficult job being a manager if you have to both develop and sell on young players and also get results...However we did it with Lewis Ferguson...

Not really!

As long as the young players have the potential to begin with

It's the most satisfying part of champ manager for me

Every year from the annual youth intake, picking the 3 best and assessing their best position based on current attributes, fine tuning the ones they need to work on through individual training, picking the best matches to give them game time and eventually selling them on for millions 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

My post was in reply to a post saying he'd never be in the team going forward because we've 3 loan players that play in his position.

No, you misinterpreted that incorrectly which is extremely ironic

Nobody said he would never get in the team again

They said he shouldn't be in our best 11

And he shouldn't be, because he isn't one of our best midfielders

If he bucks his ideas up, he gets a chance again

Easy

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Bloody hell, you’re complaining the club are prioritising three loan players instead of him, and everyone is saying the club isn’t prioritising three loan players. Barron has been shite and that why he ain’t getting a game. 

52 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Bloody hell, you’re complaining the club are prioritising three loan players instead of him, and everyone is saying the club isn’t prioritising three loan players. Barron has been shite and that why he ain’t getting a game. 

No, the phrase responded to was "means he’ll be getting very little game." 

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

Let's just get over the multiple European cups, Scudettos, the World Cup. 

Come away. 

Every bit as good as Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Modric. 

Busquets, maybe at a push. The other 3 are miles clear of him, mainly because they were miles more mobile but also better players. Not even close to them. 

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Busquets, maybe at a push. The other 3 are miles clear of him, mainly because they were miles more mobile but also better players. Not even close to them. 

They are different players. Different styles and played in different leagues and in different systems. 

Only about 80 players in history have won the European cup and the World Cup, and they are all in there. 

You wouldn't really compare Graeme Shinnie to Kenny McLean as their roles are pretty different. 

Iniesta in particular was very much a quality dribbler, which wasn't Pirlos game. IMO Busquets is the greatest ever defensive midfielder. If I'm picking an all time XI he's in my midfield. 

Just as an interesting aside; 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'Or_Dream_Team

This is voted for by players. Xavi in the first team, Pirlo in the second and Iniesta in the third. Doesn't prove anything as it's all opinion but interesting nonetheless. 

Guest milne_afc
13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

They are different players. Different styles and played in different leagues and in different systems. 

Only about 80 players in history have won the European cup and the World Cup, and they are all in there. 

You wouldn't really compare Graeme Shinnie to Kenny McLean as their roles are pretty different. 

Iniesta in particular was very much a quality dribbler, which wasn't Pirlos game. IMO Busquets is the greatest ever defensive midfielder. If I'm picking an all time XI he's in my midfield. 

This is voted for by players. Xavi in the first team, Pirlo in the second and Iniesta in the third. Doesn't prove anything as it's all opinion but interesting nonetheless. 

Pep Guardiola listed in the midfielders lol

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

Modric has a good argument for being better than all of them but watching a game with my own eyes Xavi is the best I’ve seen. Both well clear of Pirlo IMO. Pirlo drastically overrated for me.

On 1/7/2023 at 8:49 PM, minijc said:

I would love to know what Shinnie done to show Ramadani up today?  To me they complimented each other well which is encouraging as they'll have had one training session together.

Also Barron and Ramadani do different things, for me Ramadani has had the better season, granted Barron has had injury issues but to me it feels like he is holding back when he's playing, he isn't tackling or getting stuck in enough, especially compared to Ramadani. 

Goodwin mentioned post match that Shinnie and Ramadani seemed to strike up a good rapport even after a short training session. Hopefully this week and going forward we'll reap the benefits of these two in the heart of our midfield. 

Barron definitely isn't the same player we saw last season. Perhaps uncertainty over his future and the injury he had have been enough to hinder him. He's not going to get in ahead of S or R so itll be sub appearances going forward.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

It'd be very weird for a club, one who espouse a strategy of developing our own young players, to prioritise playing 3 loan players from other clubs over our own young player. 

Sadly our youth aren't doing enough to warrant starts. However I do take issue with the likes of Morris getting game time over Duncan at any time of the game.