Dante Polvara

There was a few times in possession in the oppositions half he was nowhere near incisive enough. Instead of trying to play somebody oin or getting a shot off he played it back or sideways. 

I think he needs football at a level he can learn otherwise he is going to slowly find himself back to being a non playing bench warmer. 

12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Don’t disagree, but that doesn’t mean he should be a first pick. 

I’ll get slaughtered for saying it, but I don’t think Shinnie is all he’s cracked up to be. 
Effort is unquestioned, but…. 

Said the same a while ago about him, Miovski (who has proved me wrong), chasing after Clarkson, Ramadani and Duk (who at the moment is pretty shite and should be dropped for Sokler.)

The guys we count on need to start proving their worth.

And I've no idea why Robson picks the same shite when we have choices.

Drop golden boy Duk (bring him on as a sub v St Mirren)...give him something to think about. (And I'm a big advocate for him)

I still believe we have the makings of a really great team but Robson's choices are puzzling.

1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Would love Dante to make it but sadly it ain't going to happen in this league. You just get a sense of players overall abilities and frailties. I put him in the Dean Campbell mode. I really wanted him to do well, but your gut reaction was that he would fall short.

We've seen enough now to know he's not good enough, games are too high intensity and too physical for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

Said the same a while ago about him, Miovski (who has proved me wrong), chasing after Clarkson, Ramadani and Duk (who at the moment is pretty shite and should be dropped for Sokler.)

The guys we count on need to start proving their worth.

And I've no idea why Robson picks the same shite when we have choices.

Drop golden boy Duk (bring him on as a sub v St Mirren)...give him something to think about. (And I'm a big advocate for him)

I still believe we have the makings of a really great team but Robson's choices are puzzling.

Duk hasn’t been that bad though, he’s playing in a team that’s hoofing it up the pitch far too often, just not his game.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, minijc said:

We need to play him deeper and move Clarkson further forward, currently wasting the pair of them, a few less long balls as well will help both too.

1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

Dante for me, is a CDM but we're playing Clarkson and to an extent, Shinnie in those positions. Could have switched Clarkson and Dante around but hey ho.

Friends at last!

58 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Duk hasn’t been that bad though, he’s playing in a team that’s hoofing it up the pitch far too often, just not his game.

I never get that Helmet.

If you were really good and wanted to do something on the pitch, wouldnt you track back and collect the ball instead of playing blame games and being lazy, as is this excuse.

It's not like he's Rooney and a 6 yard poacher.

My point is we need more from these 'playmakers'.

11 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I never get that Helmet.

If you were really good and wanted to do something on the pitch, wouldnt you track back and collect the ball instead of playing blame games and being lazy, as is this excuse.

We're barely stringing a sequence of passes together, go look at Duk's heatmap from yesterday and you'll see he's spending a lot of time in his own half trying to get on the ball but even when he does he has one option in front of him, we must change our 'style' or we'll never get the best out of him.

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

We're barely stringing a sequence of passes together, go look at Duk's heatmap from yesterday and you'll see he's spending a lot of time in his own half trying to get on the ball but even when he does he has one option in front of him, we must change our 'style' or we'll never get the best out of him.

Agreed.

Out of interest...where do I find his heat map.

56 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I never get that Helmet.

Track back into midfield so he can get a better view of the ball flying over his head?

Its nothing to do with laziness, it’s about playing a style of football that suits our players and they can really excel at.

Duk hasn’t been half as bad as people have been making out but he’s becoming a bit of a cheap target because people have such crazy high expectations of him.

2nd half of last season people on here were saying Miovski was shite.

We need the manager to work out why the whole team is underperforming  and sort it out. Midfield has been terrible all season, defence likewise.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Ok for him to be 5th choice for the 3 spots but he's not good enough to be a first pick if we want to improve or even stay still

I think we’ve just seen that decent central midfielders look like recently. I mind saying last season Ramadani was alright but he wasn’t on the level of Shinnie, Jack, Mclean, Ferguson. 

polvara is nowhere near ramadani never mind the rest

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I think we’ve just seen that decent central midfielders look like recently. I mind saying last season Ramadani was alright but he wasn’t on the level of Shinnie, Jack, Mclean, Ferguson. 

polvara is nowhere near ramadani never mind the rest

and Shinnie is getting on and Clarkson is just a loon.

and Barron, since Glass left, has started to look like a write off.

We need one experienced hand in there and one loan punt to make up the numbers

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

and Shinnie is getting on and Clarkson is just a loon.

and Barron, since Glass left, has started to look like a write off.

We need one experienced hand in there and one loan punt to make up the numbers

And considering Barrons debut was in late January 2022 and Glass was gone by February it just shows how short the period of Barron actually looking any good was 😂

Congratulations Dante Polvara.  It appears Robson has gambled his future as Aberdeen manager on you turning into a midfield beast overnight.

Goodwin gambled that a  journeyman from the lower leagues in England would be so good we didn't need any other central defenders.  

Glass gambled on Jet, Ojo, Gurr and a whole heap of shite.

Nae pressure like Dante, but if you don't suddenly become a midfield badass, Robson's carreer as a manager will be over before it has begun.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...