Dante Polvara

30 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I presumed the loan would be extended to season end which would take him up to Dec and in to the last 6 months of his contract.

He's not returned yet?

MLS season is Feb-Oct. I assumed he'd have stayed until the end of their season. At very least if he returns, he'll be fit.

I must be about the only person that hasn’t written this guy off. Big 6 months for him. Odds certainly stacked against him but surely him playing will have done him no harm. No idea what level USL is mind. Some would have you believe it’s Scottish champ level but I’m not sure that would be accurate. He leaves his team joint top of the league. You would have to assume Barry sees something in him or he surely wouldn’t of bothered integrating him back into squad. 

12 minutes ago, slippers said:

I must be about the only person that hasn’t written this guy off. Big 6 months for him. Odds certainly stacked against him but surely him playing will have done him no harm. No idea what level USL is mind. Some would have you believe it’s Scottish champ level but I’m not sure that would be accurate. He leaves his team joint top of the league. You would have to assume Barry sees something in him or he surely wouldn’t have bothered integrating him back into squad. 

No Iv not written him off I think he could be a useful member of the squad. Some proper coaching for him and he will improve 

Polvara seems technically very good, and physically he is a big lad which would be helpful in our midfield which is pretty small in stature. The thing he seems to lack is aggression and a nastiness or confidence (even arrogance) that you need to really make it. Similar in some ways to Dean Campbell. Too nice almost. Maybe Robson can do something with him though, and having a real leader in midfield alongside him like Shinnie will be a help. I still think he can develop into a good player, but this is a make or break season for him.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Polvara seems technically very good, and physically he is a big lad which would be helpful in our midfield which is pretty small in stature. The thing he seems to lack is aggression and a nastiness or confidence (even arrogance) that you need to really make it. Similar in some ways to Dean Campbell. Too nice almost. Maybe Robson can do something with him though, and having a real leader in midfield alongside him like Shinnie will be a help. I still think he can develop into a good player, but this is a make or break season for him.

Fully agree min. Polvara has got the ability and physicality to be an asset to our team. Like you say, he lacks confidence.

That apart though, whilst he was at fault for the very first goal of last season against celtic, he never shied away from his responsibilities and put in a good shift thereafter. 

That is what you want in a player representing our proud club.

40 minutes ago, slippers said:

Yes it’s a low level tonight. But not given up on this lad just yet. 

Aye. Good shout and agreed. Wasn’t at the game tonight, but writing the lad off, when we’ve seen little to nothing of him is folly. From what I’ve seen of him, he’s technically good, a big lad and has a bit of pace. Scottish football takes a bit of adjustment, which I hope he’s coming through. 
definitely a player in there and hope he makes a positive impression next season, if given the chance…

I dunno. I can’t see him being a regular starter for us. Just not quite smooth enough when receiving and shifting the ball on. Really lacking quality for me. Maybe Highland league is Similar level to the college ball he’s come from. 

He’ll really struggle for game time this season unless we suffer a big injury crisis. 

Was no better or worse than the rest of the shambles of a team when he played, bar a couple of shite passes and a lapse of concentration... Impossible to judge whether he's 'shite' based on his playing time. 

He did seem to be technically good with better than average vision when it came to picking out a pass, and the culture shock of Scottish football's physicality was addressed in later minutes. 

Would be literally retarded to punt him without giving him actual game-time, considering we have him on a lengthy contract.

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Was no better or worse than the rest of the shambles of a team when he played, bar a couple of shite passes and a lapse of concentration... Impossible to judge whether he's 'shite' based on his playing time. 

He did seem to be technically good with better than average vision when it came to picking out a pass, and the culture shock of Scottish football's physicality was addressed in later minutes. 

Would be literally retarded to punt him without giving him actual game-time, considering we have him on a lengthy contract.

Not too late for him to be loaned to a ICT or Arbroath for a 6 months to see if he offers anything if he's not going to be near our team. See how he does during pre season I guess.

5 hours ago, NEM said:

Same was very impressed with him. Great range of passing 

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

He did seem to be technically good with better than average vision when it came to picking out a pass

When he signed, I (as you do) checked out the highlight reel of him from somewhere (possibly in this very thread), and this was a definite attribute that stood out.

Even at 23 he is probably still developing for AFC level. He is probably that bit physically stronger now?

Maybe, just maybe could still contribute to the team positively this coming season when called upon.

7 hours ago, Ke1t said:

He was considerably worse - he was shite and I'm still confident he won't cut it in Scottish football.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 2
3 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

He was considerably worse - he was shite and I'm still confident he won't cut it in Scottish football.

He hardly got a chance with a clown as manager. I think he could be useful. Time will tell. Need to see him against a decent opponent but my opinion is he could play a part. I’m not expecting him to start every game but we need decent squad players and I’m hoping he can surprise a few and become 1 of them. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, slippers said:

He hardly got a chance with a clown as manager. I think he could be useful. Time will tell. Need to see him against a decent opponent but my opinion is he could play a part. I’m not expecting him to start every game but we need decent squad players and I’m hoping he can surprise a few and become 1 of them. 

If and it's a big IF he proves me wrong and becomes a decent player for us I'll be delighted but I've seen absolutely nothing from him to suggest he will even be a good squad player.

Time will tell I guess.

7 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Why do you fancy him so much?

It will be interesting to see how guys like Polvara, Morris, Barron, Besoujin do this season under Robson. Each of them has some good attributes, and hopefully we've got a coaching team that can get the best out of them. As has been said before, we will need a big squad this season and if these guys can step up and prove to be viable options it could save us a fair bit of money.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

It will be interesting to see how guys like Polvara, Morris, Barron, Besoujin do this season under Robson. Each of them has some good attributes, and hopefully we've got a coaching team that can get the best out of them. As has been said before, we will need a big squad this season and if these guys can step up and prove to be viable options it could save us a fair bit of money.

I like Vinny but he didn’t play well last night. As has been said in other topics turriff managed to keep relatively compact till the first 1 or 2 went in. Definitely going to need them to step up as we need some good squad players that are capable of stepping up.