Dante Polvara

He's been better than Shinnie by a long shot, but people want to loan him out and presumably keep Shinnie in the side, and Hayes? 

I'd take Shinnie and Hayes up on the roof of the Dick End, tie them to Barry Robson and Stewartie Milne, and fire the fucking lot of them aff it. Then I'd move Polvara back into the middle where he fucking belongs because THAT'S where he's been making a massive improvement. 

Anyway, a spot of good news is that I finally figured out who Polvara looks like. And it's another World Class (™Zeus) American entertainer... 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1

13 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

He's been better than Shinnie by a long shot, but people want to loan him out and presumably keep Shinnie in the side, and Hayes? 

I'd take Shinnie and Hayes up on the roof of the Dick End, tie them to Barry Robson and Stewartie Milne, and fire the fucking lot of them aff it. Then I'd move Polvara back into the middle where he fucking belongs because THAT'S where he's been making a massive improvement. 

Anyway, a spot of good news is that I finally figured out who Polvara looks like. And it's another World Class (™Zeus) American entertainer... 

spacer.png

The Dante fanboy has posted. 

On 1/25/2024 at 9:24 AM, Don_Corleone said:

Polvara started well - looked excellent on the ball the first 20 mins or so, then got caught in possession a couple of times and seems his head went down. I don't know why because it seems he's been gaining confidence in recent weeks. He then kept losing out on 50/50s, losing possession etc. Robson should have taken him off at half time for his own good and the good of the team, but kept him on and made things worse.

Clarkson wasn't much better last night - either wasteful in possession, or kinda invisible at times. McGrath didn't do much more either. Barron is the one who makes all the difference - when he went off and we went to the back 5 it was only going to go one way.

Clarkson still created 2 chances with brilliant balls. 1 to miovski who headed over and 1 to Sokler who is just pish. 
Clarkson is a player, Robson just not getting the best out of him. 

• Upvote 2

Dante is improving greatly and has the potential to go on to even bigger things.

As a young player finding his way, he is very much a confidence player at present.  He started OK vs St Johnstone and then fell out the game.

He would benefit from more consistent players around him, currently the whole midfield (and wider team) blow hot and cold.  At this stage in his career he needs support from team mates, as opposed to being the one the team relies on.

I like him and agree he is (should be) far from the top of our list of complaints.

• Haha 1

Needs to harden up and actually put in tackle and win the ball

We must have the weakest physical midfield in the SPL

Barron is exactly the same to small to actually have any physical presence and you cannot take the chance of playing them at the same time 

Dante to me always seems to operating at half the potential he has due to lack of  physical presence 

we have to stop looking at opponents that were just a wee bit better than us. no idea how old the guy is ,  but he’s at st johnstone for a reason & very few of these guys are going to take us where we want or expect to be. until you shell out on an experienced manager/coach who’s been there & done it you can’t expect a bunch of lads from all over & of all ages to reach their potential & be what we want. 

9 hours ago, lambpoon said:

we have to stop looking at opponents that were just a wee bit better than us. no idea how old the guy is ,  but he’s at st johnstone for a reason & very few of these guys are going to take us where we want or expect to be. until you shell out on an experienced manager/coach who’s been there & done it you can’t expect a bunch of lads from all over & of all ages to reach their potential & be what we want. 

Spot on. If our ambition is to regularly be in and do well in the European groups then we need to invest in players and a coaching team who can take us to that level.

For that to happen we need a chairman and board that can take us to that level. That’s the biggest issue right now. 

3 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Spot on. If our ambition is to regularly be in and do well in the European groups then we need to invest in players and a coaching team who can take us to that level.

For that to happen we need a chairman and board that can take us to that level. That’s the biggest issue right now. 

Most important appointment is the Manager. Get a good one and he can help identify good players, convince them to sign, set us up properly and improve the players.

To think who we could've got had we not spunked money on Gueye, Morris and Richardson 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Tbf you’re just the opposite. Desperate for him to fail so much you’re trying to convince us he’s always shite. 

Desperate - nonsense I just use my eyes and can see he is lightweight and negative. A midfielder that can't tackle and shirks away from physical contact has no place in the Scottish game. For me he's simply not of the required standard to influence any games. 

Folk saying he’s improved, well d’uh! He was complete shite before his loan to a college side. He’s hardly ripping up trees.

Barely average and we should demand a much higher standard. If he was 5’8” and playing as he does, he'd be nowhere near the first team.

4 minutes ago, Waycross Don said:

Barely average?   Like your posts!!

Try to be a fan and get behind our young players rather than jump on them after one poor performance..

Sure Polvara has room for improvement, as we all do, he has had his moments, do you not remember the killer pass to Miovski, the big time goal in Frankfurt, the exquisite lob v PAOK    Plenty of talent to work on...

Lets encourage and focus on the positive rather than lambast young players at the first opportunity.

Yeah let’s get behind our young players, our best one wants to fuck off the first opportunity he has, the google eyed little fuck so yeah for the young team!.

15 minutes ago, Waycross Don said:

Barely average?   Like your posts!!

Try to be a fan and get behind our young players rather than jump on them after one poor performance..

Sure Polvara has room for improvement, as we all do, he has had his moments, do you not remember the killer pass to Miovski, the big time goal in Frankfurt, the exquisite lob v PAOK    Plenty of talent to work on...

Lets encourage and focus on the positive rather than lambast young players at the first opportunity.

There is space in between. Folk on here calling him excellent is over the score IMO. He's also not shite.

I'm happy he's improved, but like @milne_afc said, he was shite. Same with Morris. He also gets a bit of leeway as he's young and moving across here must've been massive for him.

But, if we want to be consistently 3rd, competing in cups and doing well in Europe then he's not at the required standard, yet. He could potentially get there.

Technique wise, he's got the tools to work with. What's concerning though is he does seem to lack bravery/aggression/composure and they're probably harder things to coach. I think another loan to a Scottish team would help massively.

He needs to toughen up that’s true, but he’s probably came from an environment where fouls are given for much softer tackles etc. Hopefully the likes of Shinnie and Hayes are teaching him that side of the game here. We have had much worse regardless and need to remember we can’t afford the finished article unless we get extremely lucky. 

17 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Needs to harden up and actually put in tackle and win the ball

We must have the weakest physical midfield in the SPL

Barron is exactly the same to small to actually have any physical presence and you cannot take the chance of playing them at the same time 

Dante to me always seems to operating at half the potential he has due to lack of  physical presence 

This would be a more physical midfield than ours

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
8 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

He needs to toughen up that’s true, but he’s probably came from an environment where fouls are given for much softer tackles etc. Hopefully the likes of Shinnie and Hayes are teaching him that side of the game here. We have had much worse regardless and need to remember we can’t afford the finished article unless we get extremely lucky. 

Agreed i think he's a decent midfielder as he has shown glimpses in our european games however the game up here is very fast and you don't get as much time as in europe, all that being said i think the tactics we play don't help him whatsoever or Duk, Clarkson ect.  He looks fine when passing and running on and in behind yet we seem to play hoofball  

• Upvote 1

All the fans picking out individual/various & numerous (in some case) players does nothing but offer up excuses for Robson & Cormack & co to passively hide behind.

if the fans are divided by pointless bickering they can be distracted & defeated from bigger issues.

Robson is the biggest problem at the club right now that can & should be dealt with. 

• Upvote 1