Aberdeen 1 - 1 St Johnstone

Personally I’m ok with it being postponed , more chance for new additions to get acquainted with team , and the chance of further additions to make the team stronger 

as a few had said with hedges away and no further replacements we would have been short on creativity hopeful of this being addressed 

9 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Personally I’m ok with it being postponed , more chance for new additions to get acquainted with team , and the chance of further additions to make the team stronger 

as a few had said with hedges away and no further replacements we would have been short on creativity hopeful of this being addressed 

Aye, and by the time we play, JET will have lost three stone and be chasing all over the pitch. 

8 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

That's exactly what I thought when he tweeted that.. get there were safety considerations around the local area, but to post some pics of some blown over signs and to say there's was not enough time to make things safe ?

Don't indulge him.

Lose cladding at height as well. Would have needed to mobilise a rope access team or erect scaffolding to reach it and make safe and assess for further damage. That wouldn't have been done in time for kick off as too windy to do anything to make safe.

Fire brigade blocking Pittodrie Street because the flat roof of the golf club had own off. The police will have had the final say and called it early.

What's the big deal, why are folk getting their knickers in a bunch? The game would have been murder being played in that wind.

A couple of signs was the least of the worries.

9 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

That's exactly what I thought when he tweeted that.. get there were safety considerations around the local area, but to post some pics of some blown over signs and to say there's was not enough time to make things safe ?

Mind you…they posted a picture of Glass and told us he was the best candidate for the job. 
They obviously believe what they say.

39 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Don't indulge him.

Lose cladding at height as well. Would have needed to mobilise a rope access team or erect scaffolding to reach it and make safe and assess for further damage. That wouldn't have been done in time for kick off as too windy to do anything to make safe.

I would have sent Deano up a set of ladders to just pull the cladding down. Jenks could have held the ladders steady for him. Job done and very safely at that. 
Absolutely no need to call a match off because of the cladding and a few blown over signs. The hierarchy bottled it yesterday as we are short of quality. 

On 1/29/2022 at 9:53 PM, Bamber said:

I would have said yes - as  I said earlier in the post it was pretty much a bomb site round the beach area as the wind was basically off the sea.

The wind direction on Saturday morning was westerly veering into the north west. So coming off the land, not the sea! If coming off the sea ( predominately easterly directions) we would’ve had a hell of a lot more damage around Pittodrie and the beach area.