Ross County v Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Ojo shouldn't be anywhere near the wing.

The only role I'd have for Ojo is as a sub or I'd consider him at RB. But preferably on the bench.

Scottish football isn’t rocket science. It’s pretty fucking shite, let’s be honest. 

2 pacey wide men firing balls across the box to the striker, & a supporting midfielder, will invariably work & get you goals.

Move the ball quicker, play wide players with PACE that don’t have three lettered surnames. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He is a problem

I've used the RvN analogy already to devastating effect and I'm not saying it again

Ramirez is a massive cancer on our team , so is ojo 

I have investigated and am happy to approve your ridiculous sounding RVN analogy

5 years at Man U while they were prolific and see he only won the league once. 

they won it 3 seasons in a row the season before he arrived and they won it 3 seasons in a row after he left. 

MillerTime running the show yet again 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I have investigated and am happy to approve your ridiculous sounding RVN analogy

5 years at Man U while they were prolific and see he only won the league once. 

they won it 3 seasons in a row the season before he arrived and they won it 3 seasons in a row after he left. 

MillerTime running the show yet again 

Yep, exactly

But his scoring rate looked good

So what?

The team was shite 

6 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Ramirez was proper crap tonight. Can’t blame service when the opportunities he had to do something with the ball he failed dramatically.  That pass to Ojo was horrific.

If he converted every chance he got he wouldn’t be with us. 

Such is life of a midtable SPL club. 

Charles-Cook and Hungbo looked more of a threat than our attacking players tonight, just as St Mirrens attacking players looked more of a threat in the previous game. Not just more of a threat, but more exciting to watch too. This is what you get if you're playing Ojo as one of your supposedly creative players and Ferguson there too. These guys don't create - they don't beat players, or thread balls through and they've got no pace. I also think the whole system and formation doesn't work at all. We looked infinitely better earlier in the season when we played 3412. The problem is we don't actually have a second striker to play alongside Ramirez. In fact that's just one of many problems in this total shambles of a team in this total shambles of a season.

20 minutes ago, Millertime said:

"Every " chance?

He converts a shite quantity of chances he does get

Prove this please. 
show us his chances missed to chances converted stats.

Otherwise STFU as you are just making up shite & hoping it goes unquestioned.

Listening to you you would think he was missing half a dozen chances a game. He isn’t. 

A decent striker is a 2 in 3 on target & 1 of the 2 on target a goal. Rooney wasn’t even on that ratio but he maintained a goal every 2 games for most of his time with us until just before he left. 

A real quality striker is about 1 in 2 chances a goal & we cannot afford that quality nowadays 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Prove this please. 
show us his chances missed to chances converted stats.

Otherwise STFU as you are just making up shite & hoping it goes unquestioned.

Listening to you you would think he was missing half a dozen chances a game. He isn’t. 

A decent striker is a 2 in 3 on target & 1 of the 2 on target a goal. Rooney wasn’t even on that ratio but he maintained a goal every 2 games for most of his time with us until just before he left. 

A real quality striker is about 1 in 2 chances a goal & we cannot afford that quality nowadays 

Here's one right away

Zero goals tonight and several shots

So, 0%

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Here's one right away

Zero goals tonight and several shots

So, 0%

& Many strikers have this happen. 

You are speaking utter shite. You have no clue (zero) about the game. You simply pick out a few individual players & obsess over them & make up shite to try & fit this simple minded obsession ?

We aren’t scoring because the team is creating FK all for most part. Ramirez has fk all to work with as there is clearly no tactical plan in reality. The tactics are nonexistent. Didn’t help tonight that when we were in the County final third their basic strategy was to pile the whole team in the box. Even more apparent at corners where there was basically 21 players in the six yard box. It was a fkn joke.

P.s. The six yard box is the smaller box within the bigger one.

Do you know what the six yard box is for? Just out of interest. Without googling it?

BTW. I just had a look through the bbc text for the game & only found 2 missed chances by Ramirez but he had a few assists for others missed chances. 
A couple of other players had more missed chances than Ramirez. 
?

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Agree.

We can only hope that Vinny settles and he starts getting balls into the Striker.

I'd get Hayes on the other wing, see if he can do the same like he used to. Its our best hope.

That would give us the pace and threat from wide that we entirely lack. 

Everything seems to go chugging through the middle at slow speeds, and by the time we even get near their box they have 9 players back defending. 

I honestly didn't think we could get any slower in the build-up than McInnes' latter years, but it's a triumph of the human spirit that Glass has actually managed to make us slower. 

The one time Brown just cracked it down the wing for Hayes to chase, not giving County all the time in the world to get back, we scored. 

I don't know where Hayes found these legs, maybe he's on crack, but we HAVE TO utilise his energy further forward. 

5 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I don’t have the stats to hand, but sure I heard on a Podcast recently that Ramirez has an excellent chance conversion rate?

He’s a good player at this level. The very least of our problems. If we can provide him with some better, more consistent service, I believe he’ll score heavily for us.

Ramirez isn’t a terrible player but this service argument is bullshit. He was fucking brutal last night. Balls bounced off him, passing was shocking and the half chance he did have he squaffed. 

He gets a free ride. Perfectly shown by when he played Ojo in too early with a pass behind him and a few on here were straight into Ojo. That was a really good chance and it was Ramirez who fucked it by not holding off on the pass for a second or two. 

Glass please STFU & leave, two strange quotes from last night post match interview. 

Timing is a lot of it too – if Vicente had only come on the last day of the window, everyone would have been delighted, because you get the drama of deadline day. We were very happy to have him earlier to get that extra time to work with him 

Not the if so & so had been signed on the last day everyone would be delighted pish again ??‍♂️ Just stop.

“We were pleased to keep hold of players too, that was important. The only one we lost who was starting regularly was Ryan Hedges. He was an unhappy player with an agent looking to get him out of the club, and it was best for the club to let him go.

Find this one odd, don’t recall Hedges every saying he was unhappy, if he was why play him and even worse don’t draw attention to it publicly ? Doesn’t exactly make the club sound appealing to potential targets, maybe I’m reading too much into it but he needs to be less emotionally involved in interviews so he doesn’t end up slating players, the club etc. Stinks of lack of leadership, charisma and class.  

3 minutes ago, Eugenefani said:

Glass please STFU & leave, two strange quotes from last night post match interview. 

Timing is a lot of it too – if Vicente had only come on the last day of the window, everyone would have been delighted, because you get the drama of deadline day. We were very happy to have him earlier to get that extra time to work with him 

Not the if so & so had been signed on the last day everyone would be delighted pish again ??‍♂️ Just stop.

“We were pleased to keep hold of players too, that was important. The only one we lost who was starting regularly was Ryan Hedges. He was an unhappy player with an agent looking to get him out of the club, and it was best for the club to let him go.

Find this one odd, don’t recall Hedges every saying he was unhappy, if he was why play him and even worse don’t draw attention to it publicly ? Doesn’t exactly make the club sound appealing to potential targets, maybe I’m reading too much into it but he needs to be less emotionally involved in interviews so he doesn’t end up slating players, the club etc. Stinks of lack of leadership, charisma and class.  

You're reading to much into it.

I've no issue with what he said about Hedges. He's only saying what we all knew anyway.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Ramirez isn’t a terrible player but this service argument is bullshit. He was fucking brutal last night. Balls bounced off him, passing was shocking and the half chance he did have he squaffed. 

He gets a free ride. Perfectly shown by when he played Ojo in too early with a pass behind him and a few on here were straight into Ojo. That was a really good chance and it was Ramirez who fucked it by not holding off on the pass for a second or two. 

His pass was poor but so was Ojo's run. He needs to run wider, increase the distance between himself and Ramirez and, in turn, the distance the defender has to cover. 

That also makes the pass Ramirez has to play much easier and gives him more margin for error. 

Ramirez should've done better but Ojo also could've and should've made it easier for him. 

Guest milne_afc
9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

His pass was poor but so was Ojo's run. He needs to run wider

Yip. Lack of intelligence from both players . Ojo running in a straight line is slightly less culpable than the dogshit pass from Ramirez.

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

His pass was poor but so was Ojo's run. He needs to run wider, increase the distance between himself and Ramirez and, in turn, the distance the defender has to cover. 

That also makes the pass Ramirez has to play much easier and gives him more margin for error. 

Ramirez should've done better but Ojo also could've and should've made it easier for him. 

Yup. See the reactions on here however. That’s the point, he gets an easy ride.