Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I think Goodwin assumed we'd coast to safety and didn't realise how shit the squad actually was. Probably why he was happy to bin some players and tell others they were surplus to requirements. Those same players put in 100% for Glass, which in itself isn't praise as we were still shit, but Goodwin ruffled too many feathers and got fuck all back from them. That was a mistake.

He'll have his own players in next season though, so that will be the proper beginning of his tenure. No point judging him too much on last season. 

19 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I think Goodwin assumed we'd coast to safety and didn't realise how shit the squad actually was. Probably why he was happy to bin some players and tell others they were surplus to requirements. Those same players put in 100% for Glass, which in itself isn't praise as we were still shit, but Goodwin ruffled too many feathers and got fuck all back from them. That was a mistake.

He'll have his own players in next season though, so that will be the proper beginning of his tenure. No point judging him too much on last season. 

I can’t possibly give him a free pass on last season. He needs to start strongly next season or he has to go before we ruin yet another season. None of this give him till end of season bollocks. If we are sitting bottom 3rd of league after 10-15 games he has to go. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He’s a shit manager. That’s not bed wetting, that’s facts.

If you were on my crew on the rig floor I’d use you as a cement PLUG, I’d then run back in the hole and drill the shit out if you. THATS  FACT.  Then I’d get the shaker hand to wash what’s left into the drink.  Get a FKg life. 

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Writings been on the wall since mcinnes was still in charge ? pant pisher. 

No pant pishing here, it's just major apathy I have nothing but pure apathy toward afc

28 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

It's very likely if he hadnt displayed his bull in a China tea shop when he came in we probably would've crept into the top 6 at least. My main gripe is with the cunt cormack but goodone is pish!

3 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

If you were on my crew on the rig floor I’d use you as a cement PLUG, I’d then run back in the hole and drill the shit out if you. THATS  FACT.  Then I’d get the shaker hand to wash what’s left into the drink.  Get a FKg life. 

You have a vivid imagination... you clearly also have a hard on for a silver fox. Each to their own!!

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He did inherit a shit squad of that there is no doubt, he proceeded with that shit squad to do even worse than Stephen Glass did with them. Where was the new manager bounce? It didn't happen because he's simply not very good. A half decent manager would have been able to motivate the squad he inherited to at least pick up another 1 or 2 wins and get us into the top 6. He came to us after 7 wins from 27 this season with St Mirren, 2 of them against us, how anyone can think that made him the right man for the job is beyond me.

Even though he was clearly the wrong man for the job, he got the benefit of the doubt when he arrived. He proceeded to turn what was already a shit season into an even worse one.

I genuinely hope i'm wrong, i hope he manages to bring in some quality players and we start next season with a bang. Just can't see it though.

Here you go again, you moaning faced wimp, the only one that could have breathed new life into the dead wood Goodwin inherited from glass and Mchunis would be Jesus, he chose not to.  Reason be to cause pain to moaning faced lovers of glass Rudolph Hess lookalikes  like you.  Goodwin had the guts to do what glass and tho other yes man couldn’t do, clear out the underperforming circus acts. 

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He did inherit a shit squad of that there is no doubt, he proceeded with that shit squad to do even worse than Stephen Glass did with them. Where was the new manager bounce? It didn't happen because he's simply not very good. A half decent manager would have been able to motivate the squad he inherited to at least pick up another 1 or 2 wins and get us into the top 6. He came to us after 7 wins from 27 this season with St Mirren, 2 of them against us, how anyone can think that made him the right man for the job is beyond me.

Even though he was clearly the wrong man for the job, he got the benefit of the doubt when he arrived. He proceeded to turn what was already a shit season into an even worse one.

I genuinely hope i'm wrong, i hope he manages to bring in some quality players and we start next season with a bang. Just can't see it though.

The new manager bounce doesn't really exist, what doesn't help is that some of squad hated Brown, more liked Glass so binning him really upset quite a few, especially the under performers that were quickly told by Goodwin that they didn't have much of a future here, ballsy move but it needed done as far too many in this squad were arseholes.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Here you go again, you moaning faced wimp, the only one that could have breathed new life into the dead wood Goodwin inherited from glass and Mchunis would be Jesus, he chose not to.  Reason be to cause pain to moaning faced bits like you. 

Bollocks, a decent manager would have managed to get more than 2 wins out of 12 with that squad. Glass was a pathetic manager and yet managed 4 wins out of the previous 12 with the same squad.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Bollocks, a decent manager would have managed to get more than 2 wins out of 12 with that squad. Glass was a pathetic manager and yet managed 4 wins out of the previous 12 with the same squad.

Don’t speak a load of crap, most of the team needed their dummy tits and tucked up in bed when the soft touch glass got sacked.    Who did you play for Zero the girl guides. 

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

It didn't happen because we have  squad full of wage thieving arseholes who downed tools when their pal rightfully got the sack

• Upvote 2

Vaclav Jurecka, Czech striker out of contract with with FK Slovacko. He has various options however from other teams in Czech league and a lucrative offer from an Israeli team. .

Jonathan Okita, out of contract 25 year old striker/winger, Congo international at Nijmegen. Again he has various other options and looks like he could hold out to see if interest from Engish championship results in a firm offer. 

If Ferguson does get sold expect an offer to be made for Connor Coventry midfielder at West Ham who has been playing for MK Dons on loan since Jan. 

Also, Jacob Davenport is still a player of interest. 

5 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Vaclav Jurecka, Czech striker out of contract with with FK Slovacko. He has various options however from other teams in Czech league and a lucrative offer from an Israeli team. .

Jonathan Okita, out of contract 25 year old striker/winger, Congo international at Nijmegen. Again he has various other options and looks like he could hold out to see if interest from Engish championship results in a firm offer. 

If Ferguson does get sold expect an offer to be made for Connor Coventry midfielder at West Ham who has been playing for MK Dons on loan since Jan. 

Also, Jacob Davenport is still a player of interest. 

Quick look at his stats - hopefully he takes their offer ?

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Go stop just repeating the same shit over and over. You’ve been a horrific addition to this forum. 

Coming from the man who spent days repeating the same shit over and over about Ross McRorie ??. Someone who detests the fact we have hun supporters in our team but isn't fussed about our manager attending Cetlic games with his son.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Definitely Red John

Same mantra about Goodwin in every post

Middle name is John. other than that though no connection.

Maybe i just have higher expectations for my club than hiring a manager that has done absolutely nothing of note in his managerial career. I respect everyones opinion though, and if people are happy with a mediocre manager then good for them

2 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

You are what is known in the trade as a bell end. If you think ANY manager would have got a better tune out of that squad of mismatched lazy uninterested wasters you are very much deluded or mistaken. 

That squad Goodwin inherited was one of the worst ever assembled in Aberdeen's history. Goodwin may have said he'll sort out the defence, sadly you can't sort out individual errors that is on the player not the management. 

To be fair, if Barry Robson had remained in charge till end of the season, we’d have finished comfortably in the top 6 and probably in Europe.

In my opinion, of course.

Which doesn’t say a lot about how the season played out for Goodwin.

However, it does appear that Goodwin did a Terry Butcher on day 1 and filleted the majority of the squad, the only difference being, he got away with it by the skin of his teeth. So we can only hope that now he’s cleared the decks of the shit, he can put his grande plan into action.

We watch. And we wait