Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I don’t have a major issue with Nicky Clark (apart from being a hun, which should immediately disqualify him)… he won’t cost much and could be a useful back-up, which we could have done with this season, when Ramirez was either off form, or after he’d thrown his toys out of the pram! We badly missed a back-up, proven scorer at this level, capable of stepping in, from the start or off the bench, and grabbing a goal. Clark can probably do that for us next season.

In the end, we could have done with a Calum Hendry type player - what a boost he gave Saint Johnstone towards the end of the year!  It was Ramirez or bust for us last season…

Clark won’t be the main man leading the line next season anyway… who else we bring in may depend a lot on what happens with Ramirez. Hopefully we can get rid of him soon!

6 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

I look at this thread more in hope than expectation every day….fuck me it’s depressing. No news is bad news.

Arnold Clark’s loon, bebo Maguire and various people either currently or previously associated with st Mirren. Add to that, the manager is going to watch Celtic. 
I can imagine the spin, Pre season. ‘Great youth system etc etc’ …’There’s always been untapped talent in the lower leagues and we’ve been tracking these players for a long time’
I need inspiration. Get the fucking chq book out, Swiss….

Jeeso...ccb was on the wind up about Clark. Calm down

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I don’t have a major issue with Nicky Clark (apart from being a hun, which should immediately disqualify him)… he won’t cost much and could be a useful back-up, which we could have done with this season, when Ramirez was either off form, or after he’d thrown his toys out of the pram! We badly missed a back-up, proven scorer at this level, capable of stepping in, from the start or off the bench, and grabbing a goal. Clark can probably do that for us next season.

In the end, we could have done with a Calum Hendry type player - what a boost he gave Saint Johnstone towards the end of the year!  It was Ramirez or bust for us last season…

Clark won’t be the main man leading the line next season anyway… who else we bring in may depend a lot on what happens with Ramirez. Hopefully we can get rid of him soon!

You're having one here SOTR. ??

7 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So I’m a hun for thinking a manager who’s managerial career highlight is a 3rd place League 1 finish wit Alloa isn’t good enough for Aberdeen? A manager who claimed after his first game that sorting the defence would be easy, only to follow it up with 2 clean sheets from the next 11 games? A manager who currently has the worst career record of any permanent dons manager with 2 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats from his 12 games in charge? A manager with such shit man management skills that in the run up to potentially one of our biggest games of the season tells half the squad they’re being let go? A manager who supports Celtic and in his short time in charge of the dons has already taken his son to a Celtic game? Surely the last one is a sackable offence in your eyes if your mouth frothing about McRorie is anything to go by?

Anything that gets him out the door and allows us to bring in a decent manager would be worth it.

Aye, let’s right off next season and have a terrible few months just so he can be sacked. Rather than hope he does well and the club do well. You are seriously unhinged.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

You're having one here SOTR. ??

We’re not going to sign an array of top class strikers… I can’t remember the last time we had two at our disposal.

When Ramirez is replaced, we’ll also need a cost effective back-up. Only having Ramirez available last year cost us nothing. There is merit in drafting in a low cost, back-up, who’s a proven goal scorer at this level.

33 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

We’re not going to sign an array of top class strikers… I can’t remember the last time we had two at our disposal.

When Ramirez is replaced, we’ll also need a cost effective back-up. Only having Ramirez available last year cost us nothing. There is merit in drafting in a low cost, back-up, who’s a proven goal scorer at this level.

You're talking as if we are actually signing Clark though! ?

18 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

You're talking as if we are actually signing Clark though! ?

I think I just said I wouldn’t be totally against it…

It’s likely we’ll look to add someone like that IMO. From what little I’ve seen, it would be a lot to ask Harvey to support the main striker next season. It makes sense to bring in experienced player that’s scored goals at our level. Without Ramirez, we had nothing last year.  

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Aye, let’s right off next season and have a terrible few months just so he can be sacked. Rather than hope he does well and the club do well. You are seriously unhinged.

To be fair I never said that, I would rather he was sacked now so we could get in a decent manager who actually knows what he was doing and could get us in a good place for the new season. I want nothing more than the club to do well, it won’t under Goodwin though.

2 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

This better not be the story of the summer with us trying to sign players only for them to head elsewhere leaving us with the ones no other clubs want ? 

Of course it is! We're a complete diddy outfit managed by shite & all overseen by the lying cunt cormack!

27 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

To be fair I never said that, I would rather he was sacked now so we could get in a decent manager who actually knows what he was doing and could get us in a good place for the new season. I want nothing more than the club to do well, it won’t under Goodwin though.

You are what is known in the trade as a bell end. If you think ANY manager would have got a better tune out of that squad of mismatched lazy uninterested wasters you are very much deluded or mistaken. 

That squad Goodwin inherited was one of the worst ever assembled in Aberdeen's history. Goodwin may have said he'll sort out the defence, sadly you can't sort out individual errors that is on the player not the management. 

Fuck off - don't go back if Goodwin upsets you so much. I did so under Glass after Dundee away, season ticked watched as it melted away into a bubbling mess in the log burner. 

For me Goodwin gets a clean slate and a chance with his own squad. You are quite entitled to write him off now - your choice. However in the meantime, until he has made a few signings, played a few games, started the league campaign why not try and take an objective view. Good lad

12 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

You are what is known in the trade as a bell end. If you think ANY manager would have got a better tune out of that squad of mismatched lazy uninterested wasters you are very much deluded or mistaken. 

That squad Goodwin inherited was one of the worst ever assembled in Aberdeen's history. Goodwin may have said he'll sort out the defence, sadly you can't sort out individual errors that is on the player not the management. 

Fuck off - don't go back if Goodwin upsets you so much. I did so under Glass after Dundee away, season ticked watched as it melted away into a bubbling mess in the log burner. 

For me Goodwin gets a clean slate and a chance with his own squad. You are quite entitled to write him off now - your choice. However in the meantime, until he has made a few signings, played a few games, started the league campaign why not try and take an objective view. Good lad

Your wrong saying no manager would of got better out of this team in my opinion. What was the point in sacking glass before end of season if that was case?

I actually think Glass was thrown under the bus a little bit now looking back, Glass was never meant to be in charge of recruitment but we took so long to get Mowbray in he had to bring the players in himself which he did a monumental fuck of that can’t be argued. He clearly grossly underestimated Scottish football when he though Jack Gurr would make a claim for RB. 

Goodwin was a incredibly lazy appointment that looks pretty bad at this moment in time but you are absolutely correct we have to get behind him and hope both the recruitment and manger get it right this season. 

4 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

He did inherit a shit squad of that there is no doubt, he proceeded with that shit squad to do even worse than Stephen Glass did with them. Where was the new manager bounce? It didn't happen because he's simply not very good. A half decent manager would have been able to motivate the squad he inherited to at least pick up another 1 or 2 wins and get us into the top 6. He came to us after 7 wins from 27 this season with St Mirren, 2 of them against us, how anyone can think that made him the right man for the job is beyond me.

Even though he was clearly the wrong man for the job, he got the benefit of the doubt when he arrived. He proceeded to turn what was already a shit season into an even worse one.

I genuinely hope i'm wrong, i hope he manages to bring in some quality players and we start next season with a bang. Just can't see it though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He did inherit a shit squad of that there is no doubt, he proceeded with that shit squad to do even worse than Stephen Glass did with them. Where was the new manager bounce? It didn't happen because he's simply not very good. A half decent manager would have been able to motivate the squad he inherited to at least pick up another 1 or 2 wins and get us into the top 6. He came to us after 7 wins from 27 this season with St Mirren, 2 of them against us, how anyone can think that made him the right man for the job is beyond me.

Even though he was clearly the wrong man for the job, he got the benefit of the doubt when he arrived. He proceeded to turn what was already a shit season into an even worse one.

I genuinely hope i'm wrong, i hope he manages to bring in some quality players and we start next season with a bang. Just can't see it though.

Pretty much bang on. Make no mistake if we have another poor summer of recruitment we are fucked with Goodwin in charge.

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

Pretty much bang on. Make no mistake if we have another poor summer of recruitment we are fucked with Goodwin in charge.

We're already fucked the writings been on the wall for over 16 months!