Summer 2022 Transfer Window

51 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

There was definitely no medicals conducted at CP yesterday. 

Does Cormack Park have the ability to carry out medicals? I always thought medicals were carried out at a private hospital. Like players who sign for the cheeks. Their medicals aren't done at Lennoxtown or Auchenhowie. They are done at Ross Hall Hospital. 

13 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Does Cormack Park have the ability to carry out medicals? I always thought medicals were carried out at a private hospital. Like players who sign for the cheeks. Their medicals aren't done at Lennoxtown or Auchenhowie. They are done at Ross Hall Hospital. 

I would think all medicals carried out at a private hospital. From my walk around CP pavilion last night its definitely not set up to conduct an intensive medical. But I'm no expert.

CP is a community centre in a way, and would be pretty poor form to cancel planned and booked in advance events for a player signing when it can be done elsewhere like Albyn hospital. 

33 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I would think all medicals carried out at a private hospital. From my walk around CP pavilion last night its definitely not set up to conduct an intensive medical. But I'm no expert.

CP is a community centre in a way, and would be pretty poor form to cancel planned and booked in advance events for a player signing when it can be done elsewhere like Albyn hospital. 

There's every chance this player was up in Aberdeen last night and either had his medical at a hospital last night or will have it this morning then be at Cormack Park this afternoon. Unless somebody is camped outside we'll need to wait and see. But it's good to finally see movement coming in the way. Long may it continue. 

34 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Never heard of him in all my puff but what a pedigree.

Never done anything with his career mind you.

Same, never heard of him. But looking at his wikipedia page looks like he's a player that hasn't even come close to living up to his potential. Youngest ever goalscorer in the Croatian league, youngest ever full international for Croatia at only 16. 2.2 million euro transfer to Barcelona at 17, followed by a 5.5 million euro transfer to Hamburg at 20, then moving to AC Milan on a free at 22. Only 11 first team appearances in 6 years across those 3 teams and spent most of the time out on loans.

At one point one of the biggest talents in European football. more recently freed by Reading after 11 games.

Seems like he started his career on a high, and has gradually gone downhill, so a move to Aberdeen is probably the logical next step on the downward spiral for him.

14 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Same, never heard of him. But looking at his wikipedia page looks like he's a player that hasn't even come close to living up to his potential. Youngest ever goalscorer in the Croatian league, youngest ever full international for Croatia at only 16. 2.2 million euro transfer to Barcelona at 17, followed by a 5.5 million euro transfer to Hamburg at 20, then moving to AC Milan on a free at 22. Only 11 first team appearances in 6 years across those 3 teams and spent most of the time out on loans.

At one point one of the biggest talents in European football. more recently freed by Reading after 11 games.

Seems like he started his career on a high, and has gradually gone downhill, so a move to Aberdeen is probably the logical next step on the downward spiral for him.

Fuck it. Let's go for it. Due to be a disaster but if you dont buy a ticket etc

14 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Be an exciting signing tho when we spin it as a Croatian international ?? at least he’s a genuine number 10, that’s promising that we’re looking for one.

7 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Be an exciting signing tho when we spin it as a Croatian international ?? at least he’s a genuine number 10, that’s promising that we’re looking for one.

I agree, don't think he'd be a bad signing. With the previous pedigree he's got there's clearly a talent in there.

If we signed halalovic I would cum in my panties, would be an exceptional signing at our level.huge promise but didn’t live up to the hype, was technically brilliant at 18.Barca had high hopes for him, remember balague saying he was one of the best technicians for a young player in the league at that time

13 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

If we signed halalovic I would cum in my panties, would be an exceptional signing at our level.huge promise but didn’t live up to the hype, was technically brilliant at 18.Barca had high hopes for him, remember balague saying he was one of the best technicians for a young player in the league at that time

Would certainly be a more intriguing signing than a Funso Ojo type signing.

28 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

He is similar to JET in that he was blessed with great talent but whether it was because he was given too much too soon he doesn't have the hunger to make the most of it. His bad attitude and laziness means he will never become the player he could have been.

He will have continue to move between clubs annually as he plays 1 really good game in 8 but looks like he couldn't care less in the other 7. Definitely would not to fit into JG plans for playing high pressing football so I'd say this is a totally made up rumour.