Summer 2022 Transfer Window

10 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Im a big critic of Roos but am no sure what you wanted him to do for the goals. Well ideally save them ofcourse but not sure that was possible.. Stranded the first and dived full length for the second which was a screamer.

He's played 5 games for fuck sake ? Some of the shite on here defies belief 

6 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

they were paying that shite american winger Chris Mueller 10k a week so not out of reach. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/chris-muellers-hibs-cost-laid-23865482

Hibs broke their salary ceiling for Mueller but only because Gordon was personally paying a large part of the player's wage. When it broke he was on twice Boyle, this hurried Boyle out the door on principle. They could have left the Mueller gamble alone and paid Boyle the £10k pw. But possibly wanted the transfer fee and Boyle to leave.

I hear it didn't help the player be accepted that even in training he just wasn't that good, and, had a bit of an attitude complaining about bad passes etc. Saying that, I expect most players do that.

If Boyle was to become available i'd have no doubt there would be reports saying we'd be interested but there's no way he'll end up here. He's already said himself he sees himself back at Hibs at some point. If his wages did drop 50% when the Saudi club got relegated it makes him slightly more affordable and the quality he'd offer us would be worth the outlay but he'll still pitch up at either Easter Road or possibly even Celtic Park. That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. He'd be a cheap option for Celtic. 

15 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

2 months behind? That implies he’s a month overweight

He is a bit of a unit so maybe JG wants him trimmed down.

He only played 20 games last season and the latest Benfica B game he could have been involved in would have been middle of May.

His pre-season started a couple of weeks ago, compared to the rest of the squad who started a couple of months ago, ergo, couple of months behind.

7 hours ago, CCB III said:

Person has no reason to lie. 

Might've misheard.

7 hours ago, CCB III said:

Polvara and McCrorie travelling up on the train from Dundee, someone claiming they've overheard RMC saying he wants away after this season.

??? Nicky Clark incoming to replace him. (Well aware they don’t play same position).

13 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Despite having already undertaken a vast rebuilding job at Pittodrie, Goodwin felt the loss to Celtic reinforced the need to add further quality to his squad.

Goodwin said: “We are still working really hard in the transfer window. We are not done yet by any stretch of the imagination.

20503497_45471191-1k63eahor-e16592915612 Jim Goodwin.

“We still have to add a bit of quality. I think we miss Connor Barron when he’s not playing in the middle of the pitch. Jack MacKenzie is out injured as well.

“We still need a bit more quality in the team to be able to handle the ball better, and give us more opportunities against difficult opposition.

“Hopefully this week we can get a bit further down the line with one or two, and hopefully we can have a couple of new faces for the St Mirren game.”

Looking hopeful. Westhill Wanderer said yesterday the Ronan was dead in the water so either he’s got inside info, talking pish or just being his usual pessimistic self. If it’s not Ronan, then looks like Goodwin’s got an alternative lined up.

Why have we not added that bit of quality already but I thought that’s what Ramadani was when he signed. Should of been the first thing we were did when signing players. 

I wouldn't be surprised if McCrorie moves on next summer if he has a very good season. He'll have been here 3 or 4 years by that point and will have played a lot of games. Similar to Ferguson it would be hard to grudge him a move to earn more money at that stage in his career. Most of the young guys will be seeing Aberdeen as a stepping stone to bigger moves - Besoujin, Miovski, Ramadani, Duk etc - I'm pretty sure Gunn said in his recent interview that this is one of the ways we try to sell the club to these kind of players. I don't think it's a bad thing - we want ambitious players who have the potential to play at a higher level, as long as we get their total commitment and the benefit of their abilities for 2-4 seasons in the meantime.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

It sounds like the most made up story every tbh. 

Ross McCrorie openly discussing in public with a team mate that he wants to leave in 10 months, just months after signing a new long-term contract. 

It does. 

But, I know the guy who says he overheard it and he's not the type to just lie for lyings sake. 

This is the same RMC who was doing the bouncy in Seville. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

4 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

Even IF he was interested in becoming a Don, is Martin Boyle really worth breaking our wage structure for?

He’s 29 years old and has hardly had a glittering career to date.

I’m not saying that he wouldn’t be a good addition to the team but, some perspective please.

A properly run recruitment dept should be able to source several Martin Boyles without breaking the bank to land them. Maybe we already have with this Cal Roberts dude? Who knows.

Goody mentioned at the DNA event that Mowbray has appointed a new chief scout, whose name escapes me, Tom Somebody I think, and they were about to appoint others. So we are tooling up in that regards. Let’s just hope that we are now fishing in more plentiful waters.

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

A properly run recruitment dept should be able to source several Martin Boyles without breaking the bank to land them. Maybe we already have with this Cal Roberts dude? Who knows.

Goody mentioned at the DNA event that Mowbray has appointed a new chief scout, whose name escapes me, Tom Somebody I think, and they were about to appoint others. So we are tooling up in that regards. Let’s just hope that we are now fishing in more plentiful waters.

I agree. It’s an area of the club that was woefully neglected during the Milne era.

That  man has so much to answer for, he should be ashamed to show face.

6 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

I agree. It’s an area of the club that was woefully neglected during the Milne era.

That  man has so much to answer for, he should be ashamed to show face.

Milne is 100% to blame for not implementing a proper structure but it has to be said that Calderwood, McGhee, Brown and McInnes seem to prefer to do their own recruitment and Milne was content to allow that. Remember Jimmy’s mid week beanos to London in the autumn, ahead of the January window? 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Milne is 100% to blame for not implementing a proper structure but it has to be said that Calderwood, McGhee, Brown and McInnes seem to prefer to do their own recruitment and Milne was content to allow that. Remember Jimmy’s mid week beanos to London in the autumn, ahead of the January window? 

Scouts should identify, managers should ratify.

There was little/no/terrible scouting.