Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Both Aberdeen and Hearts looked at Blackburn's Jacob Davenport. DMF. Just released.

Set to sign for us next week I believe.

Not on to crow. Injury plagued gamble. Low cost cover til Beningime back fit.

Have you been in a fucking cave? We've been linked with him since January. 

48 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Both Aberdeen and Hearts looked at Blackburn's Jacob Davenport. DMF. Just released.

Nobody gies a fuck

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Certainly not, we were before Glass got the bullet, I'm more ITK with Blackburn than I am Aberdeen ? can't say how but know plenty about Blackburn and another English league side, but tbh I don't care about them just get plenty inside info. ? Very Injury prone and anyone taking him on is taking a huge risk, source says pay as you play deal is what they would offer him. 

On 7/25/2022 at 2:40 PM, afc_blockhead said:

You would have been buzzing if we signed Alan Forrest ? A mediocre at best player who we have all seen is mediocre at best.

That involvement in the build up and the finish for Hearts first goal was mediocre at best

On 7/29/2022 at 2:40 PM, Ernie McCracken said:

Weirdly that game didn't affect me too much, as the League Cup semi against Dundee United had already crushed my spirit and there was nothing left in my soul for QotS to destroy. 

Tell you what I’d take that 07/08 season over the last 3 or 4 we’ve had ?

2 semi finals that we somehow conceded 8 goals in against inferior sides. European football up to February. Still in the running for European qualification / 3rd till the end of the season. 

wasn’t the most successful but it certainly wasn’t dull 

3 hours ago, redone said:

That involvement in the build up and the finish for Hearts first goal was mediocre at best

Ah i see

1 good bit of play on day 1 of the league season means hes great and a success? 

Im guessing you are new to football. We had a good few on here genuinely excited by Jet after the first couple of games last season.

Point being you cant judge a signing or player on 1 game. Of course you know that.

7 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Ah i see

Im guessing you are new to football. We had a good few on here genuinely excited by Jet after the first couple of games last season.

Point being you cant judge a signing or player on 1 game. Of course you know that.

There you go again, min....putting words in other folks' mouths. Seems to be a habit you've got.  And arrogantly assuming you know what we're all thinking 

Time will tell if he turns out to be good  for Hearts. I hope he doesn't but I fear he will. Seems like he's made a good start though.  But you already know he's "mediocre at best" so you've got no worries on that score.

Of course , I agree that you can't judge a player on one game. Stating the obvious. But my opinion that he's better than "mediocre at best" is based mainly on clips I've seen of him on TV highlights over several years.   

And I'd be surprised if I'm newer to football than you. But can't rule it out. And of course your definition of it might be different from mine.

9 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Ah i see

Don’t think he’s new to football considering we fall for the same thing every season with players. Most likely every team does 

5 hours ago, redone said:

There you go again, min....putting words in other folks' mouths. Seems to be a habit you've got.  And arrogantly assuming you know what we're all thinking 

Time will tell if he turns out to be good  for Hearts. I hope he doesn't but I fear he will. Seems like he's made a good start though.  But you already know he's "mediocre at best" so you've got no worries on that score.

Of course , I agree that you can't judge a player on one game. Stating the obvious. But my opinion that he's better than "mediocre at best" is based mainly on clips I've seen of him on TV highlights over several years.   

And I'd be surprised if I'm newer to football than you. But can't rule it out. And of course your definition of it might be different from mine.

On point 1 you deny your post was not a dig at me hinting that because he had a good passage of play yesterday that my view of him as mediocre is wrong?

Point 2 , you are pushing your opinion as correct every bit as much as you claim i do. Also do you think i based my opinion on never having seen him play? The fact youve seen clips over the years doesn't mean much. I know 3 Livi season ticket holders as well so my opinion is fairly well informed. 

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Don’t think he’s new to football considering we fall for the same thing every season with players. Most likely every team does 

True

Although apparently my view that Forrest is mediocre (which really pains him for some reason.. odd) may be wrong because he did something quite well yesterday 

3 hours ago, StevieT1986 said:

Looking at the team sheet today still a lcb and midfielder short. 

hopefully 1 or 2 outgoings also

Given the Scales situation the blacklisting of Bates and not signing his replacement by now is not looking very clever. 

2 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

A real reality check for the board. Two/three more improvements needed minimum

I wouldnt necessarily say its a reality check. Folk knew weve not finished our signings, weve an inexperienced team and we were missing a couple of players today

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

A real reality check for the board. Two/three more improvements needed minimum

Not sure what you were expecting?

Celtic re-signed Carter-Vickers & Jota for £12m, and a reserve left back for £3m. 

They’re miles ahead of us. 

Delusional to think we were going to go to the Piggery & beat the champions at their own place, when they’re on a 43 unbeaten record (I think that’s what Ian Crocker said).

The two/three improvements would’ve been happening even if we’d won 5-0. 

• Upvote 6
35 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Hayes missing that chance didn't help. 

Really want to see a centre back and central midfielder in this week. 

I think if we want to have a squad to properly challenge for third place and go very deep in both cups (hopefully winning one) we realistically need another 2 central midfielders before the end of the window. Polvara isn't ready he needs to go out on loan.

4 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I think if we want to have a squad to properly challenge for third place and go very deep in both cups (hopefully winning one) we realistically need another 2 central midfielders before the end of the window. Polvara isn't ready he needs to go out on loan.

Say top 3, it just sounds much better than challenge for third.