Summer 2022 Transfer Window

20 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I think if we want to have a squad to properly challenge for third place and go very deep in both cups (hopefully winning one) we realistically need another 2 central midfielders before the end of the window. Polvara isn't ready he needs to go out on loan.

Aye we definitely need to strengthen the middle of the park. 

Polvara could certainly do with a loan. Needs regular minutes. Being benched with us and getting the occasional few minutes here and there will only hold him back. 

Wouldn't mind Ronan. But we really need to either get him this week or move on. Don't want it dragging on and us waiting for him only for Wolves to either keep him or send him elsewhere. This week or never for me. 

I like the look of Ramadani and really think he'll do well for us but don't see him being the type of midfielder that Ferguson was for us. 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Polvara could certainly do with a loan. Needs regular minutes. Being benched with us and getting the occasional few minutes here and there will only hold him back. 

Wouldn't mind Ronan. But we really need to either get him this week or move on. Don't want it dragging on and us waiting for him only for Wolves to either keep him or send him elsewhere. This week or never for me. 

I like the look of Ramadani and really think he'll do well for us but don't see him being the type of midfielder that Ferguson was for us. 

Fair post

14 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Ramadani looked ok, his passing left a lot to be desired. However, the whole team couldn't string more than 3 passes together so maybe just a bad day at office.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Zorba said:

Ramadani looked ok, his passing left a lot to be desired. However, the whole team couldn't string more than 3 passes together so maybe just a bad day at office.

Needed three in midfield today.  We asked too much of Ramadani  in that set up. 

If he'd had McCrorie and Barron in there with him we'd have been a lot better. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Agree. 4-3-3 was the way to go.

At the start Polvara was all over the place. 

He settled down a bit after that. 

Celtic’s movement is good too & they find space well, but it’s easier when it’s 3v2. 

21 minutes ago, Zorba said:

His passing wasn't great especially in the first 25 mins or so but he seemed to pick up after that and wasn't afraid to get stuck in. He wasn't helped at all in the middle today though and was left trying to do his job and also the role McCrorie would do. He isn't going to play against players like McGregor, Hatate etc every week though so he'll be absolutely fine for us. But if Barron is going to be out for another 3-4 weeks then i'd rather get somebody in this week thwt can take his role because i don't think we'll need both McCrorie and Ramadani in certain games. Especially at home. Need somebody to break forward from the midfield. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

His passing wasn't great especially in the first 25 mins or so but he seemed to pick up after that and wasn't afraid to get stuck in. He wasn't helped at all in the middle today though and was left trying to do his job and also the role McCrorie would do. He isn't going to play against players like McGregor, Hatate etc every week though so he'll be absolutely fine for us. But if Barron is going to be out for another 3-4 weeks then i'd rather get somebody in this week thwt can take his role because i don't think we'll need both McCrorie and Ramadani in certain games. Especially at home. Need somebody to break forward from the midfield. 

Aye. 

There are games like today when I think we need 3 in the midfield. 

Most other games I'd be happy to play 4231 and get another attacking player in there instead. 

36 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree. 4-3-3 was the way to go.

At the start Polvara was all over the place. 

He settled down a bit after that. 

Celtic’s movement is good too & they find space well, but it’s easier when it’s 3v2. 

It was fairly obvious to most that we couldnt go with our formation (of the last four) today with Besuijen, Polvara and Ramadani in the middle of the park. It was always likely to end in disaster

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

If JG says he needs 2 more he’s deluded 

Let’s be realistic - Celtic pumped Hearts several times last season and Hearts comfortable finished third.

I wouldn’t read to much into today which is probably our toughest game of the season.

A CB, a CM and a quality winger and we’ll be sound (More if others leave). I liked that when we did break today it was with speed, just needed more bodies supporting which we will be able to offer v other teams.

• Upvote 3
7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not if we’ve had an offer in for him. 

Aye absolutely if its a cash offer then correct decision to not put him on.

If its MLS then transfer deadline is Thursday night.

There was also some chat about Scott Brown enquiring a few weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, Toondon said:

Bit of perspective here, played the league champions,  lost didn’t play badly didn’t play well but given the turnaround in players there was more than enough encouragement as we won’t be playing teams like that often 

Further perspective, on top of Toondon's well made points. 2-0 defeat will, ultimately, compare quite well once all other 10 teams have played the Tims.

Now for the next 5 matches, which we will, hopefully, have better performances, with the points to match.

3 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Further perspective, on top of Toondon's well made points. 2-0 defeat will, ultimately, compare quite well once all other 10 teams have played the Tims.

Now for the next 5 matches, which we will, hopefully, have better performances, with the points to match.

Celtic will get plenty of 5-0, 6-0 results at Oarkhead if they plsy like they did today. In a way it's probably good we got them today whilst they are still not fully match sharp. They missed a few real good chances. 

4 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Celtic will get plenty of 5-0, 6-0 results at Oarkhead if they plsy like they did today. In a way it's probably good we got them today whilst they are still not fully match sharp. They missed a few real good chances. 

Totally agree with that. Thought they looked really good and when you look at the bench they don't seem to weaken. Also think huns have strengthened considerably this year and can only see them dropping around 10-15 points each out with old firm games.

This is just an opinion, but I think JG mentality needs to change. He's not at St Mirren anymore. Whilst I don't expect us to be beating the old firm away every game, there's a way to lose. 2-0 defeat for St Mirren regardless of performance is viewed as acceptable. I hoped for a more positive performance and not playing for 0-0 which it looked like. Also, Miovski still isn't match fit, can't have passengers in any game particularly at Celtic Park with the size of pitch.

I think some got carried away with the league cup games which were against mediocre teams at best, Raith lost 2-0 to Cove yesterday. Also think some are going over the top after today. The next 3 games will give a better idea of what kind of season we can expect.

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

He never will be. Get that thought out your head. One was £3 million one was £100k. Hopefully the money can help build an overall better team but not a chance they’ll be like for like. 

We are short in the middle  but if you bring in someone decent who don't play out of McCrorie Ramadani Barron and new guy as essentially they are competing for 2 holding roles, with Vicente currently playing the 10 role though I think that's who the 'geordie Messi' Cal Roberts will compete with, me I'd be getting Scales signed up and and experienced CB that can come in and do a job if required due to injuries suspensions. This allows McCrorie to drive from Midfield changes the side when he plays there, was missed last season and missed again today! 

Could also do with cover on the Right Back area. Cant see any forwards signing it's Miovski and Duk competing for the Central Role. Seems to be a few shouting for a new winger, but currently have Hayes, Kennedy, and Duncan,  Roberts and Vicente can also play out there. Be interesting to see who comes in anyway. ? 

15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He never will be. Get that thought out your head. One was £3 million one was £100k. Hopefully the money can help build an overall better team but not a chance they’ll be like for like. 

We didn't sign Ferguson for £3million though did we. We developed him and that's what we will do with a few of the players we have signed this summer hopefully. 

3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Yup but as explained the window has another month left. 

I get that and I know it's not uncommon to sign players at the end of the window. So with that in mind JG must have realised there was a good chance we would be short of some options in certain areas at the start of the league campaign so maybe he should have held onto one or two players until later in the window or given Bates minutes in the LC with the Celtic game in mind to allow McCrorie to play in midfield. He could also have kept Dean Campbell for the start of the season and loaned him out nearer the end of August at least it would have given us another option in midfield that we just didn't have today. 

2 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

I get that and I know it's not uncommon to sign players at the end of the window. So with that in mind JG must have realised there was a good chance we would be short of some options in certain areas at the start of the league campaign so maybe he should have held onto one or two players until later in the window or given Bates minutes in the LC with the Celtic game in mind to allow McCrorie to play in midfield. He could also have kept Dean Campbell for the start of the season and loaned him out nearer the end of August at least it would have given us another option in midfield that we just didn't have today. 

Mf was really weak indeed

8 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You might want to tell Goodwin that then. Because he has said Ramadani was brought in as Ferguson's replacement.