Summer 2022 Transfer Window

7 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

I get that and I know it's not uncommon to sign players at the end of the window. So with that in mind JG must have realised there was a good chance we would be short of some options in certain areas at the start of the league campaign so maybe he should have held onto one or two players until later in the window or given Bates minutes in the LC with the Celtic game in mind to allow McCrorie to play in midfield. He could also have kept Dean Campbell for the start of the season and loaned him out nearer the end of August at least it would have given us another option in midfield that we just didn't have today. 

Dean Campbell was on Stevenage’s subs bench on Saturday. 
Not sure he’d have made any difference to Celtic  bossing our midfield 

• Haha 1

Fuck it, if nobody else wants Bates then I'm hoping for a career reinvigoration the likes of which we've never seen before.

Tenner bets Batesy gets stuck in and like an albino ginger phoenix becomes Aberdeens most solid defender since the 80's!

ALL ABOARD THE DAVID BATES HYPE TRAIN, CHOO-CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS.

10 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Fuck it, if nobody else wants Bates then I'm hoping for a career reinvigoration the likes of which we've never seen before.

Tenner bets Batesy gets stuck in and like an albino ginger phoenix becomes Aberdeens most solid defender since the 80's!

I actually thought when he arrived he would be a good signing, he agent is clearly looking for a club so he will be away sooner or later, think he will do ok wherever he goes just needs away from us.

4 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

2 players for each position In a sqaud of 22 , 2 central strikers are Miovski and Duk, 

Neither of whom have good goalscoring records or have proven they can do it at our level. Also 1 picks up an injury and we're back in the position we were last season of having 1 striker that we can't drop if they lose form as we've nobody to replace them.

9 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

2 players for each position In a sqaud of 22 , 2 central strikers are Miovski and Duk, 

Duk is nae a striker. Having seen a little of him, I’m struggling to work out what he is or why he is here.

If Ramirez does depart, even though it looks like his wages have already been taken up by Miovski, he needs replacing, probably a young up and coming striker.

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Wrong thread mate.

You should be on the "What are you drinking today? " thread. 

Plus whatever it is it sounds like a potential top seller.

I'm in my late 50's and as a centre half myself back in the day reckon that I would make less errors than Master Bates.

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

You might want to tell Goodwin that then. Because he has said Ramadani was brought in as Ferguson's replacement. 

And that’s fine. All I’m saying is he’s not going to be as good individually as Ferguson. 

but hopefully the overall team will be better than last seasons team thanks to the Ferguson money. 

my VERY hopeful comparison is to when Juve sold Zidane and used the money to buy Nedved, Buffon & Thuram! (Working on memory here - potential lie / based on a true story)

22 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Wrong thread mate.

You should be on the "What are you drinking today? " thread. 

Plus whatever it is it sounds like a potential top seller.

I'm in my late 50's and as a centre half myself back in the day reckon that I would make less errors than Master Bates.

Only thing I've drank today is coffee, I'm just trying to fool myself in to being optimistic about a player that seems cursed to stay with us despite us not wanting him and him not wanting us.

If he could be the player we know he's capable of being then it solves some very apparent problem for us.

36 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Duk is nae a striker. Having seen a little of him, I’m struggling to work out what he is or why he is here.

If Ramirez does depart, even though it looks like his wages have already been taken up by Miovski, he needs replacing, probably a young up and coming striker.

7 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

Agreed. There’s an element of Josh Magennis in there. 
He appears to have some skill and pace but without a clue about football.

Early days, hopefully.

Maybe he is the man to fill the IMPACT SUB role that we've so desperately needed filled since big Josh left!! Wooo

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Exactly what Duk is ?

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Dean Campbell was on Stevenage’s subs bench on Saturday. 
Not sure he’d have made any difference to Celtic  bossing our midfield 

You could well be right but he is far more experienced in the Scottish Premier League than Polvara. Campbell is a player who has played in winning sides for Aberdeen at both Parkhead and Ibrox. The point being we could still have sent him out on loan but maybe not until later in the window when our squad was more complete. He would have been a relatively experienced option if nothing else options we just didn't have yesterday in that area of the park.

10 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

You could well be right but he is far more experienced in the Scottish Premier League than Polvara. Campbell is a player who has played in winning sides for Aberdeen at both Parkhead and Ibrox. The point being we could still have sent him out on loan but maybe not until later in the window when our squad was more complete. He would have been a relatively experienced option if nothing else options we just didn't have yesterday in that area of the park.

We already know that Campbell isn't good enough for this level though. Whether Polvara is or not only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

I think somebody already said it.

So far he reminds me of Samuels.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

Hopefully he goes on to prove us wrong but so far just seems to be rapid but not much of a football brain to be able to use that speed effectively

59 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

That's exactly what I was going to say.

Hopefully he goes on to prove us wrong but so far just seems to be rapid but not much of a football brain to be able to use that speed effectively

His bit part  in the Stirling Albion game was just a comedy show. He was lucky we were up 5-0 or else the laughter would have turned to anger.

I can't believe we have spunked the alleged amount on a "project". Surely, for that amount, we could have picked up somebody already semi established?

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

His bit part  in the Stirling Albion game was just a comedy show. He was lucky we were up 5-0 or else the laughter would have turned to anger.

I can't believe we have spunked the alleged amount on a "project". Surely, for that amount, we could have picked up somebody already semi established?

The fee was initially reported as £400k or thereabouts?

But, I’d also read he was free but has a 50% sell on clause 

Now that the dust has settled from the Celtic game, we should have a good idea of what we've still to get through the door.  It's all very well saying "we have McCrorie" who can play CB/RB, but we sorely miss him in the centre of the park. This might not be such an issue when Barron is back, albeit he's still a young lad and we shouldn't really be relying so heavily on a young player whos just back from long term injury. 

god knows how the Bates saga is going to affect recruitment. Presumably we'd be using that wages and money to bring in a replacement, but now we're possibly having to either keep him, or bin him and still have to pay wages for a replacement. 

Do we have any cover for RB? other than McCrorie? LB position we've got Coulsen, Hayes, McKenzie and the 2 guys on loan. RB we've got Richardson and McCrorie?