Summer 2022 Transfer Window

56 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

QOTS was a nightmare but not a 90 minute nightmare for me. I always thought we’d pull it back. Wasn’t until about the 91st minute I thought holy shit we are not equalising here

some game though 

Weirdly that game didn't affect me too much, as the League Cup semi against Dundee United had already crushed my spirit and there was nothing left in my soul for QotS to destroy. 

7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Weirdly that game didn't affect me too much, as the League Cup semi against Dundee United had already crushed my spirit and there was nothing left in my soul for QotS to destroy. 

That Dundee United defeat haunted me for years afterwards.

If I remember correctly was it not postponed due to heavy rain in Edinburgh then rearranged for the following week and 2 of Uniteds players who were due to be suspended were available due to missing the league game on the Saturday instead?

The bigot fest orange final was fucking awful- I was sat in relatively close proximity to the mongos in their support, some were wearing orange t shirts with pictures of guns on them and all sorts of weird nonsense.

One guy was mining throwing grenades into the Dons section. Hard to explain what that was meant to achieve- oddly seemed both childish and sinister at the same time.

The QOTS final was depressing as any, and unlike someone mentioned above I felt we were losing a long way before the end - maybe 20 minutes? I believed we would score but had no confidence we'd defend anything at all.

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Surely this aborted attempt will smoke out other suitors? The lad is prepared to play anywhere by the looks of it so, surely…..

Was there any issue flagged in the medical that may hinder the other suitors forming an orderly queue?  Ah well, file this one in the burgeoning ‘if it sounds too good to be true...’ folder.

5 minutes ago, vinny de salvo said:

Was there any issue flagged in the medical that may hinder the other suitors forming an orderly queue?

Looks like they opted for another defender, who must have only become available after the Bates deal was agreed. Pretty shite way to treat somebody but football ain’t a nice industry 

33 minutes ago, vinny de salvo said:

Was there any issue flagged in the medical that may hinder the other suitors forming an orderly queue?

No he passed his medical but sounds like they fucked him over and he was just the back up plan if other moves didn't work out. Now that that they got their other choices Radovanovic and Augustyniak they have told Batesey to go home again. 

Edit.

I believe that not only have they sent Bates home again , they also have sent Radovanovic home as the one they really wanted was Augustyniak and he was the last one to agree. 

49 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

No he passed his medical but sounds like they fucked him over and he was just the back up plan if other moves didn't work out. Now that that they got their other choices Radovanovic and Augustyniak they have told Batesey to go home again. 

Edit.

I believe that not only have they sent Bates home again , they also have sent Radovanovic home as the one they really wanted was Augustyniak and he was the last one to agree. 

Could we not just tell Batesey to swap flights with Radovanovic?  He couldn’t be any worse, could he?  Could throw the leftie straight in on Sunday.

25 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

If JG wanted him he would of been signed long ago. ?

I still think Dave Cormack and team are going to pull of a marque signing before deadline day. 

While we still have Bates on our books another CH might not be seen as a priority/necessity....even if a left sided one would actually make the squad a bit more balanced. I think if Bates had joined Legia, we would have seen a move made for Dunne early next week. 

38 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I still think Dave Cormack and team are going to pull of a marque signing before deadline day. 

Obviously holding on for as long as possible to try and get Connor Ronan as that “marquee” signing. 

29 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

We don't have a number 7 yet

Or a number 6. 
Ronan was likely to be our #1 choice but I think that ship has sailed.  Even if Wolves decide he is surplus to requirements there are likely to be clubs who can offer more than we can sniffing about.  McGrath is probably being considered but I would like to think there are a couple of left field overseas players being considered.  Stil a month to go though so a lot can still happen with players coming in and going out.  

2 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Well there should be a decent wedge of money available in the pot to make a marquee signing or two considering we have pulled in around £8m for Ramsay, Ferguson and the McKenna promotion bonus. Obviously most of that money goes back into the club as part of our operating model but I'm sure if the right player / players are available we would spend another £1m or so.