Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

A new low that's for sure.

I really really hate to say it, but I scanned through a similar thread on the diet’s forum and it actually reads as normal discussion and debate. Far cry from this garbage.

I know, I need to have a serious word with myself for venturing on there but there was a genuine reason. Honest.  

8 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

I really really hate to say it, but I scanned through a similar thread on the diet’s forum and it actually reads as normal discussion and debate. Far cry from this garbage.

I know, I need to have a serious word with myself for venturing on there but there was a genuine reason. Honest.  

Aye buy they have singings to discuss. 

1 minute ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Shinnie - a solid left back option for a couple of years? I'm nae convinced he's at his most useful in midfield, and I'm nae convinced Mackenzie is at his most useful at left back either

Wouldn’t be completely against it but would prefer we looked elsewhere and hope we can uncover someone a bit younger. 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Wouldn’t be completely against it but would prefer we looked elsewhere and hope we can uncover someone a bit younger. 

Well worth considering,depends who else is coming and going..

Only question is why is he not getting a game for Wigan?

1 minute ago, ERNIE said:

Well worth considering,depends who else is coming and going..

Only question is why is he not getting a game for Wigan?

Yeah quite surprised at his lack of involvement. 

Ticks a lot of boxes for Goodwin too in terms of what he wants from a player. 

To be honest maybe a bit lazy but i reckon Fleetwood very possible for Shinnie. Same area of England as Wigan, Brown knows him well as one of only players up here to put it on him regularly and they could probably offer higher wages than us.

If he comes back to Scotland imagine it would be to us if JG wanted him. Still can't see Hearts/HIbs spending more on wages than us even with Hearts extra £3million from Europe.

4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Tbf Kerr not played every game, nor Mcgrath. Their new owners are obviously going to chuck money at it seen as they went up. 

Think Kerr was playing regularly towards end of season. McGrath barely had a sniff.

1 minute ago, Zorba said:

Think Kerr was playing regularly towards end of season. McGrath barely had a sniff.

I’d prefer to stay away from the McGrath, shinnie, Ronan kind of signings. Lazy as Jim would call It. Would take Ronan if it was a permanent I think. But not seen a great from Ronan or McGrath that thinks they would be stand outs for us. 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

I’d prefer to stay away from the McGrath, shinnie, Ronan kind of signings. Lazy as Jim would call It. Would take Ronan if it was a permanent I think. But not seen a great from Ronan or McGrath that thinks they would be stand outs for us. 

Yeah Ronan got another 2 years on contract at Wolves. Only makes sense if we can get a similar type of deal of a loan with option to buy like Austin Samuels. 

1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

If Aberdeen sign nobody at all they’ll have had a better transfer window than AFC-Chat. 2022 must be the worst intake ever and it’s not even the school holidays yet.

Makes you realise why AFC got rid of the original AFC Chat forum off the official website back in the day ?

2 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Also doesn’t fit the age bracket either as Goodwin said he wants players aged between 24 and 28. Dunne will be 30 in February 

He didn’t say he would ONLY Sign players in that age bracket though, just that that is his IDEAL preference/target range.

He also said he loves Hayes & thinks he has at least another two seasons left in him at this level & that he is consistently in the top performance levels on speed/fitness tests.

Would imagine he would be willing to go outwith his preferred age brackets for certain areas (especially central  defensively) for better experience/consistency 

I am in no way saying Dunne fits this deviation from preference though 

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He didn’t say he would ONLY Sign players in that age bracket though, just that that is his IDEAL preference/target range.

He also said he loves Hayes & thinks he has at least another two seasons left in him at this level & that he is consistently in the top performance levels on speed/fitness tests.

Would imagine he would be willing to go outwith his preferred age brackets for certain areas (especially central  defensively) for better experience/consistency 

I am in no way saying Dunne fits this deviation from preference though 

Did say the team has to many players in their 30s tho. 

I don’t think Aberdeen are looking at Dunne anymore 

We need quite a few bodies in the door so I wouldn't be upset if we signed a few of Ronan, McGrath, Shinnie and even Dunne (not for £350k though and not as our first choice LCB)

We need a decent squad of capable players and of the 17 we have on the books at the moment, quite a few are below the standard we need.