Summer 2022 Transfer Window

40 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

Daily Ranger quoting the fee agreed for Ramadini being £100, 000

Dont know if there is any truth to it. 

I thought the lad was classed as being unattached after MTK Budapest were relegated, therefore there shouldn't be any fee, apart from the club paying for his travel costs and digs, if and when he arrives in Aberdeen.

The daily ranger is a fucking nonsense newspaper that lauds and glorifies the activities and lives of seasoned criminals (RFC, RIFC, the Glasgow underworld, etc.) but when it comes to actual news, get it oh so wilfully wrong.

It's a great 'paper to have if your house-training a puppy though?.

50 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

I am surprised that we've been linked with a defensive midfielder and a centre half so far. 

A couple of strikers through the door would certainly 'excite the fans'

you can be certain we will have be trying to sign for all positions but we cant force them to put pen to paper. If the defensive midfielder and central defender agree to sign first that's just the way it works out.

On 5/18/2022 at 5:23 PM, Hoofball said:

Compensation would be less than 500k and for a player of his ability and age Aberdeen should be willing to pay that

I see Levitt has had the 1 year extension activated by Man Utd so the fee will be significantly more than 500k. I would assume they will be looking to sell him this summer now though so they do get a decent fee and that's why the extension has been activated. 

37 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Somebody wake me up when we sign somebody ?????

Obviously with the Albanian they wont be able to announce until they have secured a visa for him.

It would also make commercial sense to make any signing announcements over the next few days just as season tickets are about to go on general sale. Maybe persuade some fans to sign up for a ticket or some people who havnt renewed so far to renew at last moment.  

12 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I see Levitt has had the 1 year extension activated by Man Utd so the fee will be significantly more than 500k. I would assume they will be looking to sell him this summer now though so they do get a decent fee and that's why the extension has been activated. 

I expect it is as a few teams are rumoured to be interested. Would still be happy if Aberdeen used a chunk of the fee from Ferguson to get him and sell him on a couple of seasons down the line for a profit

1 hour ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

I am surprised that we've been linked with a defensive midfielder and a centre half so far. 

A couple of strikers through the door would certainly 'excite the fans'

Pretty sure nobody we sign will particularly "excite the fans" - it'll either be folk we've never heard of which will be interesting at least, or it'll be relatively uninspiring players we have heard of. I mean, how many players from the SPL could we realistically sign that would genuinely excite the fans? 

13 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I suspect the club are holding out to finalize any ongoing deals with the intention to announce a number of signings all at once.

Really hope so.

If the papers are to be believed Ramsay could be gone anytime & we'll be on for a few quid with McKenna getting promoted. Be great to see us splash some cash.

34 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Obviously with the Albanian they wont be able to announce until they have secured a visa for him.

Yeah the paperwork involved in getting the Albanian a GBE will hold the deal up for a while, reckon player and clubs have all agreed terms though.

I am not sure how the fuck we are going to get him here, I don't think he meets the SFA visa requirements as he is Albanian, plays I Hungarian top flight and just got relegated but maybe club know something that will get him though.

I like to think we check shit like visas and GBEs prior to actually agreeing to sign anyone, otherwise we would look like dafties....

14 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Will this Albanian buy been born in Germany make any difference ? Not sure how it works now after brexit

Since brexit players playing in spfl need a GBE, (visa)

To get a GBE they need to meet certain criteria, such as a percentage of international matches played in last year, division they have played in, European football, the teams place in league,domestic minutes etc.

Points score for each. At the moment Albanian national team is 66th in world, so cannot get automatic approval for being an international, he plays in Hungarian league (tier 6) and his team got relegated, although he played a lot of minutes. I total that up to be well short of rhe mark but like I said usually clubs check all this shit before agreeing to transfers

Think it focuses on his declared nationality (albanian) instead of where he was born, but he may hold German passport which makes a big difference as albania is not in eu

1 hour ago, Peedie1 said:

Yeah the paperwork involved in getting the Albanian a GBE will hold the deal up for a while, reckon player and clubs have all agreed terms though.

I am not sure how the fuck we are going to get him here, I don't think he meets the SFA visa requirements as he is Albanian, plays I Hungarian top flight and just got relegated but maybe club know something that will get him though.

I like to think we check shit like visas and GBEs prior to actually agreeing to sign anyone, otherwise we would look like dafties....

Visa for Ramadani will be a formality. He's a current international and by the looks of it he's been involved in 75% of the international games in the past few years so it should be a quick process. 

We got a Visa for Ramirez who was in the international wilderness. Getting one for a current international won't create an issue. 

Goodwin said he'd like most of the new players in by the the start of pre season, so he has 12 days to get at least 3. Well have 1 probably next week'  though maybe another the following week so I'd say 2 max by 15th June.