Summer 2022 Transfer Window

31 minutes ago, thurso said:

If Charles dunne is the exciting centre half signing he was talking about the other night Goodwin clearly doesn’t know the Aberdeen fans ?

I don't think Goodwin will worry about what Aberdeen fans think of him just like he didn't care what the players thought of him when he came in and basically told most of them they were unfit and not good enough.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

If you read Goodwin's comments in the Retard it looks like he views Bates as the starting partner for this left sided incoming CH. Says he feels sorry for Bates having to play on the left side last season as a right footer and consequently why we didn't see the best of him. 

I suppose with only a year left on Gallagher's contract there is a bit of sense to it, tbf Gallagher would be a reasonable back up but doubt he'll be too happy with it

Any press reports on us in the last few days have been regurgitated comments from Goodwin’s REDTV interview a few days ago.

Lazy Scottish journalism at its “finest”. 

13 minutes ago, ullevi said:

I would imagine 2 players he will have been targeting would be Liam Lindsay or Stuart Findlay, both in the age range he wants to sign and both left sided.

That would be Liam Lindsay who signed for Preston for an undisclosed (but supposedly well over a million) fee a year ago?

Findlay much more realistic, his first season at Philadelphia really hasn't been far short of disastrous career wise. They're on a 3 week break in their season right now so good chance he's back in Scotland anyway.

During JG’s REDTV interview one thing he said was about the “lazy recruitment” that’s occurred previously & that we wouldn’t be going down that road.

Charles Dunne would be the dictionary definition of “lazy”.

And paying any sizeable fee would be dictionary definition of insanity.

And definitely not “exciting” as Goodwin suggested the defender we’re lining up is. 
That’s why I’m thinking (& hoping!) it’s not Charles Dunne. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

During JG’s REDTV interview one thing he said was about the “lazy recruitment” that’s occurred previously & that we wouldn’t be going down that road.

And definitely not “exciting” as Goodwin suggested the defender we’re lining up is. 

Not quite. He said we'd be looking more further afield for signings as a modern club of our stature should do, but in regards to the highlighted phrase in your post he also continued by saying something along the lines of "I'm not saying we wont be doing that, but it would only be for the right player", so I wouldn't rule it out.

2 hours ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I wasn't talking about the SFA to be fair but aye, fair point.

I still don't expect our recrtuiment team to pursue foreign players to this extent, without knowing the Visa details and being confident about it.

I suppose my point was that of course, it goes without saying the clubs recruitment team think he'll get a visa and have checked all the details - but sometimes there are things outside our control.

Zero point in fans stressing about all this stuff, worrying if the club know how the visa system works etc. etc.

I've slagged off the Ginger Ramos continually that I'm at a point of getting 100% behind him now, turns out he's been getting played out of position as well.

So here's to the Ginger Ramos hitting the heights we expect next season. 

10 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I suppose my point was that of course, it goes without saying the clubs recruitment team think he'll get a visa and have checked all the details - but sometimes there are things outside our control.

Zero point in fans stressing about all this stuff, worrying if the club know how the visa system works etc. etc.

Exactly that

42 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You better watch what your saying. Speaking way to much sense. Certain posters will not appreciate such a posts. Brace yourself! 

6 minutes ago, slippers said:

You better watch what your saying. Speaking way to much sense. Certain posters will not appreciate such a posts. Brace yourself! 

Sense is acceptable. Pish like throwing himself and the club under a bus for use of the word "exciting" is hysterical childish pish.  Don't try to detract or play down your own pant pishing. Good lad.

11 minutes ago, slippers said:

I fully concur 100%

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I don't think Goodwin will worry about what Aberdeen fans think of him just like he didn't care what the players thought of him when he came in and basically told most of them they were unfit and not good enough.

He will worry about the fans, as if he is as bad at start of next season as he has since he took over it won’t be long before the fans turn against him 

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Sense is acceptable. Pish like throwing himself and the club under a bus for use of the word "exciting" is hysterical childish pish.  Don't try to detract or play down your own pant pishing. Good lad.

I guess we will have to wait and see who this signing is first. But its hardly outlandish that if said signing falls below expectations hes put himself and the club under even more pressure.  How that relates to pant pishing I have no idea. The club haven't delivered transfer wise for a number of seasons so I dont think im the only person concerned  about how this summer will go. Yet again ruining another thread arguing with someone that hasn't got the same opinion as you. 

55 minutes ago, thurso said:

He will worry about the fans, as if he is as bad at start of next season as he has since he took over it won’t be long before the fans turn against him 

Fair point.

But the team that starts 1st game of the season will be predominantly JGs team, so we hope for alot better as last season was just a joke. 

Guest milne_afc

If Aberdeen sign nobody at all they’ll have had a better transfer window than AFC-Chat. 2022 must be the worst intake ever and it’s not even the school holidays yet.

Does anyone know when pre-season training actually starts?

I would imagine,  and I am not ITK in any shape or form, that new signings are likely to be announced before then.

If the activity is the square root of feck all at that time then we can assume that our recruitment process ain't going well and can start pishing our pants accordingly. 

In the meantime we should remain patient, hope for a few good signings to transpire and try not to contribute to another 153 pages of crap.

In other words the signings will come in due course!!

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Also doesn’t fit the age bracket either as Goodwin said he wants players aged between 24 and 28. Dunne will be 30 in February 

8 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Does anyone know when pre-season training actually starts?

I would imagine,  and I am not ITK in any shape or form, that new signings are likely to be announced before then.

If the activity is the square root of feck all at that time then we can assume that our recruitment process ain't going well and can start pishing our pants accordingly. 

In the meantime we should remain patient, hope for a few good signings to transpire and try not to contribute to another 153 pages of crap.

In other words the signings will come in due course!!

Think someone said 12 days away a day or 2 ago? So assume It starts week commencing 13th? Our first competitive match is 10th of July. So we will probably have our first friendly lined up at end of this month?