Summer 2022 Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

His physique, for a professional athlete, was an absolute disgrace…. Id have been raging if I was a Dundee fan. He still managed to score against us too!

and to think not long before he went there he was up here ready to sign for us, dodged a bullet with that.

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

His physique, for a professional athlete, was an absolute disgrace…. Id have been raging if I was a Dundee fan. He still managed to score against us too!

As did most last season 

2 less signings noo. ?

Jim:

“Some of the young ones have really stepped up as well.

“We took some kids with us to bulk up the group and help us do the sessions that we needed to do. I have to say young Jack Milne has really stood out and Mason Hancock deserves a mention. It has thrown a spanner in the works for the season to come which is a real positive from our point of view.

4 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

It all depends on what Wolves and Ronan's position is. By all accounts the Wolves manager wants to have a look at him first in pre season and you'd think Ronan's preference would be to break into their first team squad. I personally doubt he's good enough to do that so it may end up being like a lot of other transfers in that it will happen later in the window once clubs have settled on who they want and who they are willing to let go. We do know for sure that Aberdeen and Hearts are interested in him but for all we know we could be fall back options for Ronan and have been told to wait and see how things pan out by his agent.

I agree with you though that it does look like the club realise they need to pay transfer fees to speed up the rebuild. Potentially receiving £8m or so in transfer fees / promotion clauses this summer certainly gives us far more scope to do that. We really need to be aiming to have qualified for euro group stage football by this time next year and that will take investment but the potential rewards are definitely there to justify that investment.

We've signed an AMF in Jorge Grant. I think youngster Connor Smith might feature too after a good loan at Queens Park and kicking about the Scotland U21s. But Neilson still seems to want TWO more creative players in MF. 

Few names being kicked about. But we're confirming contact with Wolves and that we want Ronan. But not at half a million. 

I think if he comes to us it'll be for half that. He's 24, not 19, and Wolves have sent him out on loan SIX times. He's not their next big break through act. 

I have a feeling the player will be encouraging us and there'll have been contact a few times. 

Was strange to see your Chairman tweet about it. 

Might be wrong. But I think he'll be on the grass at Tynie with a scarf held high this week. 

But the real prize for us is getting Simms back. Even on loan. A harder ask. 

8 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

We've signed an AMF in Jorge Grant. I think youngster Connor Smith might feature too after a good loan at Queens Park and kicking about the Scotland U21s. But Neilson still seems to want TWO more creative players in MF. 

Few names being kicked about. But we're confirming contact with Wolves and that we want Ronan. But not at half a million. 

I think if he comes to us it'll be for half that. He's 24, not 19, and Wolves have sent him out on loan SIX times. He's not their next big break through act. 

I have a feeling the player will be encouraging us and there'll have been contact a few times. 

Might be wrong. But I think he'll be on the grass at Tynie with a scarf held high this week. 

@WesthillWanderersFC

18 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Who gives a fuck? Take this shit to the inferior teams thread.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Who gives a fuck? Take this shit to the inferior teams thread.

Or even better just take it tae fuck min!

Guest milne_afc
7 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

A few my Rangers mates think they are signing Ferguson for 2.5m this week - surely not selling to them at that price - I’d want at least another mill from that lot!! 
anybody heard anything?

You can fuck off n’all

6 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

A few my Rangers mates think they are signing Ferguson for 2.5m this week - surely not selling to them at that price - I’d want at least another mill from that lot!! 
anybody heard anything?

No, because that's total and utter made up bollocks. 

A band of them on Twitter etc always think they are signing him. He'll always be linked with them because he's a hun cunt himself and we know his family ofc.

The club would only sell to them, IMO, in extreme circumstances. We are under no obligation to sell him as we've made around 5 mill this summer.

It is probably time he was sold but the club will not negotiate with them unless they offer a stupid amount, which they won't.

He'll get his move by September, I think. Fuck knows where to and for how much. Can guarantee you it won't be rangers. The club knows better. The chairman knows better. 

Would be smart business to go for Levitt for 300K, assuming Ferguson is sold. 

JG said he wanted Barron a bit further forward, and the lad Levitt would slot into where Ferguson plays quite nicely. 

It would also be ace to see the Arab minkers spewing about it. 

14 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

anybody heard anything?

They wouldn’t be that stupid. I’d like to think we hold out for more never mind to them cunts. Would have to be 5m minimum to sell to them! 

13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

No, because that's total and utter made up bollocks. 

A band of them on Twitter etc always think they are signing him. He'll always be linked with them because he's a hun cunt himself and we know his family ofc.

The club would only sell to them, IMO, in extreme circumstances. We are under no obligation to sell him as we've made around 5 mill this summer.

It is probably time he was sold but the club will not negotiate with them unless they offer a stupid amount, which they won't.

He'll get his move by September, I think. Fuck knows where to and for how much. Can guarantee you it won't be rangers. The club knows better. The chairman knows better. 

He will end up at the scum at some point…. After playing down south for a few years most likely.

I can’t see him moving to Italy. Could be wrong but just doesn’t seem the type to try playing abroad, learning a new language etc. 

Selling him for say £2.5m and spending £1m of that on a creative midfielder & a left winger, & banking £1.5m would be what I’d try & do if in Jim Goodwin’s shoes. 

16 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Would be smart business to go for Levitt for 300K, assuming Ferguson is sold. 

JG said he wanted Barron a bit further forward, and the lad Levitt would slot into where Ferguson plays quite nicely. 

It would also be ace to see the Arab minkers spewing about it. 

Nice wee bout of deja vu for Jack Ross if it happens too.

29 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

anybody heard anything?

Yikes, hun mates.

If I was interviewing for my department at work and there was a hint of hunnish tendencies the interview form would be completed in the appropriate manner.

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He will end up at the scum at some point…. After playing down south for a few years most likely.

I can’t see him moving to Italy. Could be wrong but just doesn’t seem the type to try playing abroad, learning a new language etc. 

Selling him for say £2.5m and spending £1m of that on a creative midfielder & a left winger, & banking £1.5m would be what I’d try & do if in Jim Goodwin’s shoes. 

I'm the same, can't imagine Ferguson plying his trade on foreign shores. If he did it would be short lived, with a return to the UK shortly thereafter.