Summer 2022 Transfer Window

54 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Guaranteed those who only want us to spend 300k on Ronan would be pissed off if he ended up at Hearts for £400k and would be accusing the club of a lack of ambition.

Only way it would even be remotely acceptable to miss out on Roman to Hearts would be if we were in for someone significantly better than him.

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Only way it would even be remotely acceptable to miss out on Roman to Hearts would be if we were in for someone significantly better than him.

What if we match whatever Hearts offer , but Ronan simply chooses them rather than us ?......and let’s face it ....that’s not very far-fetched. 

37 minutes ago, redone said:

What if we match whatever Hearts offer , but Ronan simply chooses them rather than us ?......and let’s face it ....that’s not very far-fetched. 

Hearts have already said they’re not going to spend 500k on him so if we offer Wolves what they want for him then Hearts will be out of the equation. 

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

Dylan Levitt, was at Utd on loan last season, think he’s contracted to Man Utd for another year, worth a look?

Was going to say the same when I saw united are nearly getting him back. Would be far more exciting than mcgrath on loan. We could surely offer a better financial package than the jutes.

20 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Hearts have already said they’re not going to spend 500k on him so if we offer Wolves what they want for him then Hearts will be out of the equation. 

Although it was reported as 500k in the papers I doubt Wolves will get that for Ronan.

Hearts have just bagged several million from the Hickey deal to Brentford (very good move for him btw) and will likely invest some of that to further strengthen their side.

He'll choose Hearts over us if its a straight choice between the two of us. The allure of European group stage football would swing the pendulum in their favour (as it would any club).

27 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Have they ?.....or is that just some press report saying that's their "understanding" or something like that ?

And even if they have said that.....so what ?....they could easily change their mind. Especially if they're coming into some extra funds from the Hickey sell-on clause

3 hours ago, Zorba said:

Sadly, I fear 75% plus of the money we take in will go towards this mythical new stadium.

With no cunt in it. 

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Although it was reported as 500k in the papers I doubt Wolves will get that for Ronan.

Hearts have just bagged several million from the Hickey deal to Brentford (very good move for him btw) and will likely invest some of that to further strengthen their side.

He'll choose Hearts over us if its a straight choice between the two of us. The allure of European group stage football would swing the pendulum in their favour (as it would any club).

Don't underestimate the pull of a gaffer that you respect and have worked with previously.

8 hours ago, Zorba said:

If we are prepared to pay £300k on the RB from Nottm Forest, who has spent the last 3 seasons in League 2 and National League, then £500k on Ronan who's a full international for Ireland shouldn't be that big a deal.

Don't want to be a pedant but he's not been capped at full international level

14 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Guaranteed those who only want us to spend 300k on Ronan would be pissed off if he ended up at Hearts for £400k and would be accusing the club of a lack of ambition.

Hearts have the upper hand in this window in any straight shoot out for a player guaranteed  group stage euro football tilts the odds in their favour. If they really want Ronan I'd imagine they would get him ahead of us even if both clubs offered what Wolves are asking for. Group stage euro football (even the euro conference league) is something we can't offer and would very likely be the deal breaker despite Ronan previously working with Goodwin.

10 hours ago, G31DON said:

Blow the lot and get into champions league group stage, boom, half a stadium paid for. 

Sensible thinking, I agree, show some ambition for once.

6 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Hearts have the upper hand in this window in any straight shoot out for a player guaranteed  group stage euro football tilts the odds in their favour. If they really want Ronan I'd imagine they would get him ahead of us even if both clubs offered what Wolves are asking for. Group stage euro football (even the euro conference league) is something we can't offer and would very likely be the deal breaker despite Ronan previously working with Goodwin.

Aye sure - but it means playing for hearts 

Fuck THAT

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Which is why, if the club really want Ronan, they should steal a march on Hearts and pay closer to the asking price seeing as Hearts' current position is not to do so. 

Although that window may already have passed now Hearts have some Hickey sell on cash to play with. 

It's not about Ronan really , it's about realising that this is the time we need to invest and pay a few transfer fees if necessary to help us rebuild quickly.  It's not a time for penny pinching.

Thankfully, the club seem to be realising that and it's just a small element of the support that are being too cautious in their outlook. 

25 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

Levity over Ronan for me.

Levitt appears to have exactly what we’re looking for whereas I’ve never quite seen anything in Ronan to understand our fuss…aside from one great goal against us last season.

We would be a step up in Levitt’s career progression, bigger club, greater expectation etc…

Fuck it, £800k gets them both.

Fergie goes, we get them both & we have change to put in the bank 

Agree on Levitt, decent player & we can offer him more I’d say at a bigger club. As for ronan, we reportedly paid over 500k for miosovic, so why can’t we just put a bid in for Ronan if JG wants him which I’m sure he does. We have the funds so spend them. This squad which is being assembled has to be right in order for us to try to challenge on all fronts. If money is not spent then it’s challenging to be in the top 6 for me. 
I believe JG is trying to do that but the purse strings have to be loosesned even further to achieve what we all want. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fuck it, £800k gets them both.

Fergie goes, we get them both & we have change to put in the bank 

It’s a no brainer for me. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Which is why, if the club really want Ronan, they should steal a march on Hearts and pay closer to the asking price seeing as Hearts' current position is not to do so. 

Although that window may already have passed now Hearts have some Hickey sell on cash to play with. 

It's not about Ronan really , it's about realising that this is the time we need to invest and pay a few transfer fees if necessary to help us rebuild quickly.  It's not a time for penny pinching.

Thankfully, the club seem to be realising that and it's just a small element of the support that are being too cautious in their outlook. 

It all depends on what Wolves and Ronan's position is. By all accounts the Wolves manager wants to have a look at him first in pre season and you'd think Ronan's preference would be to break into their first team squad. I personally doubt he's good enough to do that so it may end up being like a lot of other transfers in that it will happen later in the window once clubs have settled on who they want and who they are willing to let go. We do know for sure that Aberdeen and Hearts are interested in him but for all we know we could be fall back options for Ronan and have been told to wait and see how things pan out by his agent.

I agree with you though that it does look like the club realise they need to pay transfer fees to speed up the rebuild. Potentially receiving £8m or so in transfer fees / promotion clauses this summer certainly gives us far more scope to do that. We really need to be aiming to have qualified for euro group stage football by this time next year and that will take investment but the potential rewards are definitely there to justify that investment.