Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

McKenzie is no better or worse than Adam Montgomery.

Just because McKenzie was born in Thainstone Mart, some fans seem to be willing to give him a chance.

Ive seen enough o the lad to confidently predict that he will not cut the mustard at Aberdeen. 

On the evidence of performances for us last season I'd say Mackenzie was miles better than Montgomery. 

Birthplace irrelevant.

And , seeing as it's a big deal for some,  I'm not unduly bothered who he supports.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

McKenzie is no better or worse than Adam Montgomery.

Just because McKenzie was born in Thainstone Mart, some fans seem to be willing to give him a chance.

Ive seen enough o the lad to confidently predict that he will not cut the mustard at Aberdeen. 

Is that the same confidence that so many of our fans have written Kennedy off with. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, redstrummer said:

Kennedy has been decent in 2 games against lower league shite , I'm hoping he keeps it up but the dury is still very much out on him 

That is very true and i agree with you, but he now has a manager who clearly believes in him, and is prepared to give him a chance and a clean sheet. Wither he makes it or not for us, it just shows the difference of having positive people about you can make 

46 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

For me we still need 3. A "10", centre mid and left back. Would say a winger aswell but we have Miovski and Duk who can both play off the left so i'd be happy to go with them.

If we went out and picked up either a 10 or a winger that was 'our best player' level that would make the biggest difference to this team now.

Left back is definitely a problem (and you can see it far enough that its going to be Hayes/Scales a lot of the time who are not meant to be there) but solving wont make as big a difference as adding a quality creative player.

I know Goodwin has stated it but i'd argue against another centre mid this window presuming that Barron signs a new deal.

6 minutes ago, moray1903 said:

That is very true and i agree with you, but he now has a manager who clearly believes in him, and is prepared to give him a chance and a clean sheet. Wither he makes it or not for us, it just shows the difference of having positive people about you can make 

he's looked a lot better , ill say that . Hopefully keeps it up 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we went out and picked up either a 10 or a winger that was 'our best player' level that would make the biggest difference to this team now.

Left back is definitely a problem (and you can see it far enough that its going to be Hayes/Scales a lot of the time who are not meant to be there) but solving wont make as big a difference as adding a quality creative player.

I know Goodwin has stated it but i'd argue against another centre mid this window presuming that Barron signs a new deal.

We currently have Polvara, Ramadani, Barron and McCrorie thwt can play centre mid. Good chance McCrorie could be deployed at RB or CH at times due to suspensions etc. An injury to either Ramadani or Barron leaves us a bit light in there imo. 

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

you're right another star player would make a big difference . I also think Barron can be very good for us this season 

1 hour ago, redone said:

On the evidence of performances for us last season I'd say Mackenzie was miles better than Montgomery. 

Birthplace irrelevant.

And , seeing as it's a big deal for some,  I'm not unduly bothered who he supports.

Absolutely. The amount of people writing off McKenzie is embarrassing. Defenders improve with experience. Give him time.

First half of last season there were games where he outshone Ramsay. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, redone said:

Birthplace irrelevant.

McKenzie has been hampered by injuries and hasn't had a decent run at it. That's all there is to it. I thought he was decent. 

The only way I see Mackenzie having a future is if he gets moved inside to LCB. Good defender and decent enough in the air but gets caught out of position when he's up and down the wing, and don't think he's good enough technically attacking wise. Seeing as JG saying he wants a right/left footed centre half pairing could cover for Scales in minimum of 4 games against the tims and in case of injury. JG wouldn't have been overly impressed with Hancock in the 90 mins he's played in the last 2 games, and he hasn't given Nwengya a look in. Suspect we may see a loan brought in when the issue becomes more apparent which would allow Hancock and/or Nwengya to get a much-needed loan.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Refreshing to see a manager giving accurate transfer updates. Said Milne should sign a new deal in next few days and Duk should arrive and there they both are. Happy days.

Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyy it’s the Fonz 

5 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Nothing in there that says that tho.

Not from him anyway.

Just says he's ready to buckle down and try and force his way into the team at Wigan.

Not confident he'll manage to do that so may have to consider options before end of August.

Would rather we had an established LB in before then, though JG says not on his radar.

Hopefully a bum steer as we 100% need one.

We don't have a competent LB at the club.

Canna believe Goodwin is nae aware of this.

Have you emailed him and told him?? 

1 hour ago, Glass half full said:

Absolutely. The amount of people writing off McKenzie is embarrassing. Defenders improve with experience. Give him time.

First half of last season there were games where he outshone Ramsay. 

The laddie will come good give him a chance

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

You continually talk in absolutes, like you think you’re a great football mind that’s got this all figured out. Thing is, you’re just a guy on a fan forum. You actually know fuck all, like the rest of us.

Ten Caat is the Oracle of Delphi, never question his foresight. 

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

You continually talk in absolutes, like you think you’re a great football mind that’s got this all figured out. Thing is, you’re just a guy on a fan forum. You actually know fuck all, like the rest of us.

22 minutes ago, Dad said:

He's a fucking prick 

Superb posting. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Zorba said:

The only way I see Mackenzie having a future is if he gets moved inside to LCB. Good defender and decent enough in the air but gets caught out of position when he's up and down the wing, and don't think he's good enough technically attacking wise. Seeing as JG saying he wants a right/left footed centre half pairing could cover for Scales in minimum of 4 games against the tims and in case of injury. JG wouldn't have been overly impressed with Hancock in the 90 mins he's played in the last 2 games, and he hasn't given Nwengya a look in. Suspect we may see a loan brought in when the issue becomes more apparent which would allow Hancock and/or Nwengya to get a much-needed loan.

he's not good in the air all , feet of cement