Summer 2022 Transfer Window

9 hours ago, Hoppy said:

You continually talk in absolutes, like you think you’re a great football mind that’s got this all figured out. Thing is, you’re just a guy on a fan forum. You actually know fuck all, like the rest of us.

Haha! I love it... he used to be like this on wages, before he was pulled up about it! Speaking as though he’s reporting the terms of players contracts from a copy sitting directly in front of him!

The Hearts boy actually does this too… cordially chatting away as though he’s relaying information directly from Jambos CEO, management, coaching or scouting teams!

AFC Chat is AFC Chat, you can build yourself what ever fantasy you like!  However, there are some lads on here who clearly suffer from mental illness/delusions.

Wouldn't surprise me to find out Skins is chatting away from a secure facility, where he's off in a world of his own... following a debrief, during his daily visit from Anne Budge and Robbie Neilson, he naturally logs on to AFC Chat, to update Dons fans with news of the latest player Hearts have beaten off EPL competition to sign.  We're then treated to a heart-warming story about the close personal relationship he's formed with a current, or ex-Hearts player.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

For all the speculation on here, I expect we'll only make two new signings: a winger (with McLennan to be moved out) and a creative CM (with Polvara either to be moved out, or kept as second reserve).

Goodwin has said he is targeting a 22 man squad, and if Duncan, Milne and Hancock are promoted to the first team squad, then we already have that.

I expect that, as we strengthen forward areas, Hayes will become first choice LB. Mackenzie and Hancock (if he isn't loaned out) will provide cover/competition in that position.

We don't have an obvious second choice RB but if Richardson is injured I expect that McCrorie/Hayes/Kennedy would fill in at that position. Ideally we'd move out Bates and sign a new right sided defender who could play both RB and RCB, but I can't see anyone taking Bates off our hands.

Only other business: Harvey, Ngwenya and maybe Hancock to be loaned out to 2nd/3rd tier sides?

Also, if Barron doesn't sign a contract extension (and it looks like he won't, given the delay) I think there's a chance he may still be sold in this window...

5 minutes ago, whulbert said:

For all the speculation on here, I expect we'll only make two new signings: a winger (with McLennan to be moved out) and a creative CM (with Polvara either to be moved out, or kept as second reserve).

Goodwin has said he is targeting a 22 man squad, and if Duncan, Milne and Hancock are promoted to the first team squad, then we already have that.

I expect that, as we strengthen forward areas, Hayes will become first choice LB. Mackenzie and Hancock (if he isn't loaned out) will provide cover/competition in that position.

We don't have an obvious second choice RB but if Richardson is injured I expect that McCrorie/Hayes/Kennedy would fill in at that position. Ideally we'd move out Bates and sign a new right sided defender who could play both RB and RCB, but I can't see anyone taking Bates off our hands.

Only other business: Harvey, Ngwenya and maybe Hancock to be loaned out to 2nd/3rd tier sides?

Also, if Barron doesn't sign a contract extension (and it looks like he won't, given the delay) I think there's a chance he may still be sold in this window...

Goodwin clearly likes Polvara. Can’t see him going anywhere. May not start every game but could still be an important player for us this season.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, whulbert said:

So because he's not signed one yet, he's leaving, honest to God talk about bed wetting?

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, whulbert said:

Shut up

• Haha 6
9 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Haha! I love it... he used to be like this on wages, before he was pulled up about it! Speaking as though he’s reporting the terms of players contracts from a copy sitting directly in front of him!

The Hearts boy actually does this too… cordially chatting away as though he’s relaying information directly from Jambos CEO, management, coaching or scouting teams!

AFC Chat is AFC Chat, you can build yourself what ever fantasy you like!  However, there are some lads on here who clearly suffer from mental illness/delusions.

Wouldn't surprise me to find out Skins is chatting away from a secure facility, where he's off in a world of his own... following a debrief, during his daily visit from Anne Budge and Robbie Neilson, he naturally logs on to AFC Chat, to update Dons fans with news of the latest player Hearts have beaten off EPL competition to sign.  We're then treated to a heart-warming story about the close personal relationship he's formed with a current, or ex-Hearts player.

Sorry just getting back to you now. Was having breakfast with Neil Berry.

• Haha 3