Summer 2022 Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Bryson only crock. Main and JET had decent games against us and probably why they were signed despite being shite

May was a crock too. Kamberi a sicknote.

Fuck knows how anyone interpreted what I said as meaning we should sign players like Scott Brown.

Bates and all. Hardly excelled in our league then couldn't get a game in the 2nd tier of German football.

35 minutes ago, thurso said:

We should be trying to sign the best young talent in our league which would be less of a risk. Didn’t do any harm when we signed shinnie and christie

Shinnie was on a Bosman. Who was available this summer on  Bosman in our league?  Alan Forrest and Regan Charles Cook.  Would you have been happy with them? 

And we didn't sign Christie, we loaned him. 

2 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

May was a crock too. Kamberi a sicknote.

Fuck knows how anyone interpreted what I said as meaning we should sign players like Scott Brown.

Bates and all. Hardly excelled in our league then couldn't get a game in the 2nd tier of German football.

So basically your magic formula is players who are decent already within our league... However of the many who fit your criteria who were utterly shite for us and not one of the 4/5 who in hindsight worked out well you discount them for .. reasons.

So the formula is a player that in hindsight turns on to be a success for us? Nice one!

As someone said Gallagher fits your remit perfectly, a captain at his most recent side, a Scotland international and proven at this level. He didn't work out at all though so your idea of only signing "non risky" signings already in the SPFL is flawed as well?

It's almost like you can't admit that no strategy for signings at a club like Aberdeen is without major risk.

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Shinnie was on a Bosman. Who was available this summer on  Bosman in our league?  Alan Forrest and Regan Charles Cook.  Would you have been happy with them? 

And we didn't sign Christie, we loaned him. 

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure christie played a few games for us so he must of been signed, might of been a loan but still a signing. 

I would of had Alan Forrest  before Charles Cook probably but I’m not sure what difference being a bosman is we payed money for others in our league  

5 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

So basically your magic formula is players who are decent already within our league... However of the many who fit your criteria who were utterly shite for us and not one of the 4/5 who in hindsight worked out well you discount them for .. reasons.

So the formula is a player that in hindsight turns on to be a success for us? Nice one!

As someone said Gallagher fits your remit perfectly, a captain at his most recent side, a Scotland international and proven at this level. He didn't work out at all though so your idea of only signing "non risky" signings already in the SPFL is flawed as well?

It's almost like you can't admit that no strategy for signings at a club like Aberdeen is without major risk.

No, I discounted them because they didn't stand out or had serious injuries.

Sorry, you're right, I'll get excited about "Jayden Richardson" and "Cal Roberts".

If Hearts had signed them and we had signed Forrest and Jorge Grant. What would folk on here be saying?

Just now, thurso said:

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure christie played a few games for us so he must of been signed, might of been a loan but still a signing. 

So you would rather we loaned players from our league than buy our own players from abroad?  And you count a loan as a signing. 

Have you read the uproar on the Scales thread? 

Show me a list of young players that we could have signed this summer from Scotland that would have rebuilt our team sufficiently.  

2 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

Sorry, you're right, I'll get excited about "Jayden Richardson" and "Cal Roberts".

If Hearts had signed them and we had signed Forrest and Jorge Grant. What would folk on here be saying?

If it was possible for us to sign the best players in Scotland every year, from sides outside of Celtic/Rangers, do you not think we'd be doing that? Yes, we got lucky with McLean, Ferguson and Shinnie, but that's not going to happen every season. Sides from lower leagues in England can offer double the wages we can, so its getting harder to be able to sign good young players up here. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

Niall Mcginn had stood out at Celtic and on loan at Brentford before we signed him had he?

5 goals in 41 for Brentford the season before we signed him. You are conveniently ignoring that just because McGinn ended up being a good signing he was a risk. He was essentially a Celtic reserve who had just had a shit season at Brentford.

It's not about being excited about Richardson or Roberts, just about not shitting yourself because they are a "risk" as if any category of signing isn't a risk to Aberdeen. Would Ross County fans have been excited about Regan Charles Cook? 16 goals in 94 playing for massive names like Solihull Moors and Woking?!

You would have been buzzing if we signed Alan Forrest ? A mediocre at best player who we have all seen is mediocre at best. Fair enough if that's more the sort of signing you would find exciting and not a risk!

1 minute ago, StandFree1982 said:

If it was possible for us to sign the best players in Scotland every year, from sides outside of Celtic/Rangers, do you not think we'd be doing that? Yes, we got lucky with McLean, Ferguson and Shinnie, but that's not going to happen every season. Sides from lower leagues in England can offer double the wages we can, so its getting harder to be able to sign good young players up here. 

Completely understand that.

All I've said is that we're putting a lot on a player who wasn't particularly highly rated in non-league football being our only right back.

Didn't think it was a particularly controversial take, but hey-ho.

Just now, McginnAgain said:

Completely understand that.

All I've said is that we're putting a lot on a player who wasn't particularly highly rated in non-league football being our only right back.

Didn't think it was a particularly controversial take, but hey-ho.

This part isn't the problem

It's the fact you are making out like we are missing some obvious trick of a pool of non risk signings. Your example of signing from our league by picking 4 or 5 who worked against the many others who were shite is selective at best

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

This part isn't the problem

It's the fact you are making out like we are missing some obvious trick of a pool of non risk signings. Your example of signing from our league by picking 4 or 5 who worked against the many others who were shite is selective at best

If we're chucking money about. Why not at players who have played at a higher level than non-league?

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So you would rather we loaned players from our league than buy our own players from abroad?  And you count a loan as a signing. 

Have you read the uproar on the Scales thread? 

Show me a list of young players that we could have signed this summer from Scotland that would have rebuilt our team sufficiently.  

Crack with Scales like? Is he just here on loan?

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Ah the old hindsight argument 

Hayes had a shocking first season and Rooney had 17 in 66 at League 1 level before joining us.

Either way your above would suggest signing players from fellow SPFL teams isnt a risk.. 

Youve just plucked 3 signings that ended up working out as evidence of non risk signings

Repeat a lie often enough......

Hayes was fine first season, had the most assists at the club.  Didn't hit the heights he did in subsequent seasons but absolute pish to say he had a shocker

• Upvote 1
On 6/20/2022 at 11:14 PM, StandFree1982 said:

He's nae going to shag you Daisy. Your obsession with him is fucking weird

15 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

That's another weirdo I've had blocked for a while.   You should try it, does wonders for your mental health. 

Here he comes. Blocked me cause I pulled him up on continually replying to my posts and called him a spastic.

Like a stalker who takes out a restraining order against the folk he's stalking. Even when I'm blocked he still feels the need to comment on what I say. Weirdo

10 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

You would have been buzzing if we signed Alan Forrest ? A mediocre at best player who we have all seen is mediocre at best. Fair enough if that's more the sort of signing you would find exciting and not a risk!

What is it with the amount of muppets on here who seem to think that they can speak for all of us ?

For what it's worth I think Alan Forrest's a decent player who could well turn out to be a good signing for Hearts. I'd have been reasonably happy if we'd signed him , although maybe not exactly buzzing about it. I think he'd be an upgrade on Kennedy.

6 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

If we're chucking money about. Why not at players who have played at a higher level than non-league?

Maybe for the particular amount of money we are throwing at this signing the scouts/club think he is the best value for money?

So if we dropped the same fee on any player from our league does that mean its definitely a better player/signing than this guy?

22 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I'm actually quite interested now.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:35 PM, Roberto said:

Shit fact:

I did am excellent haiku when I was at school which won a competition amd also made some book by some not so/might have been famous writer... I never got money for it.

It's in a book somewhere anyways.

Shit fact.

Glorious

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Repeat a lie often enough......

Hayes was fine first season, had the most assists at the club.  Didn't hit the heights he did in subsequent seasons but absolute pish to say he had a shocker

Fine. 

Certainly McGinn being suggested as a low/no risk signing is pish. He was very underwhelming "on paper".