Summer 2022 Transfer Window

11 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Sounds like Scales is enjoying himself and feels supported. Clearly important for him. Here’s hoping Celtic will be open to selling him. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/20781546.liam-scales-relishing-pressure-massive-club-aberdeen-loan-spell-celtic/

Sounds promising however the ball is in Celtic's court. I think Goodwin and the club have made their position clear.

Plus side to their CL involvement may benefit us with Scales being surplus to requirement. 

If we can afford one more chunky signing then I'd not be convinced Ronan is the best shout? What do yous think? 

I'll be delighted with him if he rocks up but not 100% convinced another central midfielder is the shout here.

Also if we punt Bates or Ramirez I am definitely wanting them replaced. 

McLennan not so much.

13 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I think if we sign Ronan for me he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet. We need depth to properly compete so I agree if Bates and Ramirez go they need replaced. 

Think today showed that Clarkson isn't ready to be starting week in week out. Thought he was quite poor today. If we were to sign Ronan he'll be ahead of Clarkson without a doubt.

46 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we can afford one more chunky signing then I'd not be convinced Ronan is the best shout? What do yous think? 

I'll be delighted with him if he rocks up but not 100% convinced another central midfielder is the shout here.

McLennan not so much.

I'm prepared to accept Goodwin's judgement if it does indeed prove to be Ronan that he meant about wanting one more in before the deadline closes.

Punting Bates and/or Ramirez would free up a shitload of cash and even though both seem to be miles out of the picture, if they did leave our squad would look a bit light numbers wise so I agree they should be replaced. We should still end up making a net saving in doing so.

McLennan I know isn't everyone's cup of char......but I hope we help his future career prospects by allowing him to go on loan wherever and we don't ask for the loaning club to pay a penny of his wages. You'd think at least Cove would take him on for the season if we did that....if he got lucky maybe Dundee or even St Johnstone might take a punt on him.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Think today showed that Clarkson isn't ready to be starting week in week out. Thought he was quite poor today. If we were to sign Ronan he'll be ahead of Clarkson without a doubt.

He would be ahead of Clarkson but if we go deep in both cups we will play around 50 games this season. So there will be plenty opportunities to play for most players in the squad.

On 8/9/2022 at 4:22 PM, Weir on the wing said:

I was all for singing Ronan as he would have brought that spark of invention that he likes of Christie used to bring to matches (and is still not in abundance when we play against 11 opposition players) but we’re in a pickle with Clarkson. He’s making the advanced midfielder position his and there is zero chance Ronan leaves Wolves for first team football and sits on the bench. The opposite side of the coin is that Liverpool will be watching Clarkson’s game time with interest as he’s clearly a talented player. 

If we only sign one more, then perhaps it’s a defender that’s best depending on departures this week. 

Sorry. That wasn’t a quote. I’m being a rocket trying to get this app to work on my phone. 

I was all for singing Ronan as he would have brought that spark of invention that he likes of Christie used to bring to matches (and is still not in abundance when we play against 11 opposition players) but we’re in a pickle with Clarkson. He’s making the advanced midfielder position his and there is zero chance Ronan leaves Wolves for first team football and sits on the bench. The opposite side of the coin is that Liverpool will be watching Clarkson’s game time with interest as he’s clearly a talented player. 

If we only sign one more, then perhaps it’s a defender that’s best depending on departures this week. 

7 hours ago, Tord31 said:

McLennan not so much.

Ronan or a player of his type is exactly what we are in need of. An attacking central midfielder that makes things happen in the final 3rd with spectacular goals and assists, could be the player to complete the team. Check out the youtube clip below of what he could bring to the team.

We need strength in depth over a season, Clarkson will still see plenty action maybe less so when Barrons back but still a useful player to be able to utilize, long season ahead. Despite what Goodwin says I don't believe there is any way we will not be taking in defensive cover, that would be a really bad decision that will cost us over the season. If we manage to shift Ramírez, Watkins, Bates and McLennan we'll see an attacking midfielder, utility defender and loan striker coming in.

Connor Ronan │Wishlist │2022 - YouTube

For me, if I could only make one final signing it would be a right back having seen 5 league matches. Two reasons - think Richardson is inconsistent and if he gets hurt we’ve a real lack of cover as wouldn’t want to take Mcrorie out the middle.

However if we could get a rb/cb in for Bates another striker for Ramirez and then make Ronan the “land mark” signing that would be sound too. 

53 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

For me, if I could only make one final signing it would be a right back having seen 5 league matches. Two reasons - think Richardson is inconsistent and if he gets hurt we’ve a real lack of cover as wouldn’t want to take Mcrorie out the middle.

Aye. 

He doesn't know how to defend.  He could pick things up quickly but at the moment teams are already targeting us down that side with considerable success 

3 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

Ronan or a player of his type is exactly what we are in need of. An attacking central midfielder that makes things happen in the final 3rd with spectacular goals and assists, could be the player to complete the team. Check out the youtube clip below of what he could bring to the team.

We need strength in depth over a season, Clarkson will still see plenty action maybe less so when Barrons back but still a useful player to be able to utilize, long season ahead. Despite what Goodwin says I don't believe there is any way we will not be taking in defensive cover, that would be a really bad decision that will cost us over the season. If we manage to shift Ramírez, Watkins, Bates and McLennan we'll see an attacking midfielder, utility defender and loan striker coming in.

Connor Ronan │Wishlist │2022 - YouTube

Some nice goals there.

Not so nice was the accompanying "music".

Why are these highlight reels always soundtracked by such irritating, spastic, highly disturbing, mongo, retard soundbites?

Thanks for the aneurysm. ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

He doesn't know how to defend.  He could pick things up quickly but at the moment teams are already targeting us down that side with considerable success 

He seems completely unaware of danger sometimes.

There was an incident in the first half yesterday that beggared belief.

Nouble (I think) was cutting in to the box on the left, & Richardson carried on jogging in a straight line instead of sprinting to try & cut the player off. 
He has very little defensive nous. 

Richardson certainly scares me, like it has been said he really is clueless defensively, at the stage I would even settle for a more experienced RB on loan until he is up to scratch. 

Clarkson isn't strong enough at the moment so still need another creative midfield. On the flip side, if he plays amazing till January, Klopp may possibly recall him early and then we will stil be left short.

5 minutes ago, DandyDon80 said:

Richardson certainly scares me, like it has been said he really is clueless defensively, at the stage I would even settle for a more experienced RB on loan until he is up to scratch. 

Clarkson isn't strong enough at the moment so still need another creative midfield. On the flip side, if he plays amazing till January, Klopp may possibly recall him early and then we will stil be left short.

Klopp won’t recall Clarkson surely, he’d be nowhere near their first team. 

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He seems completely unaware of danger sometimes.

There was an incident in the first half yesterday that beggared belief.

Nouble (I think) was cutting in to the box on the left, & Richardson carried on jogging in a straight line instead of sprinting to try & cut the player off. 
He has very little defensive nous. 

Gets caught watching the ball rather than where his man is. 

The gap between him and his man and also between him and Stewart is massive at times. 

2 hours ago, DandyDon80 said:

That's most likely the case but he did the same with Danny ward and then he was benched for the remainder of the season!

That was different though.  Klopp had just got the job and wanted to see as much of his squad as he could going into his first window. 

The only way Clarkson will get recalled is if he doesn't play or doesn't settle in the area.   It certainly won't be to go and play for Liverpool 

2 hours ago, DandyDon80 said:

That's most likely the case but he did the same with Danny ward and then he was benched for the remainder of the season!

Liverpool if I remember where down 2 keepers so needed the boy back! They would need need to be 4/5 midfielders down to need clarkson ( that is no slight on him just a realisation of the gap between us and epl)

4 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Liverpool if I remember where down 2 keepers so needed the boy back! They would need need to be 4/5 midfielders down to need clarkson ( that is no slight on him just a realisation of the gap between us and epl)

Also the guy Bogdan had utterly sold the jerseys in one game and it was clear he was not up to it.