Summer 2022 Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

So is it now 100% that Ronan is staying at Wolves as the press are suggesting? It seemed earlier in the week that Lage was hinting that another loan was likely but now its being said that he is staying despite not making the bench for recent games and still being "tired" from an under 21 game 6 days after it took place. Does he not fancy the move? or is it Wolves decision?

Tbf the press are saying he is "expected" to stay at Wolves. Things could change if they get a good offer before the window closes.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Tbf the press are saying he is "expected" to stay at Wolves. Things could change if they get a good offer before the window closes.

Yeah, just that at the weekend the local press down there said they expected him to leave before deadline so just wondered what has changed. Has Ronan said he doesn't want to go to Scotland again? or are Wolves trying to coax a larger fee from someone? Or are Wolves needing to keep him just to help them with filling the home grown players rule for squad numbers?  

If ronan is staying at wolves just on the off chance he might (and probably won’t) get 15 mins off the bench here and there, rather than come play regularly and be a key player at a club like Aberdeen then he has to be high. Was talking about wolves like they were some sort of super club in his presser during pre season, weird one.

3 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Yeah looks like it will all be boys leaving rather than anything coming in. Was sure we wid bring at least 1 in, still think we could do we a Right Back and a Midfielder that can play that defence splitting pass, ah well always Jan. 

That was Goodwin useing,  The Power of Suggestion.  Which now suggests no one is coming in.  

19 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

If ronan is staying at wolves just on the off chance he might (and probably won’t) get 15 mins off the bench here and there, rather than come play regularly and be a key player at a club like Aberdeen then he has to be high. Was talking about wolves like they were some sort of super club in his presser during pre season, weird one.

Where would Ronan play?

I doubt the press have any idea at all about what Ronan's situation is at Wolves.

However if we have been trying to get him in, it is a bit concerning that he hasn't already signed. He's not one that should take till transfer deadline day to get over the line. The figure of £500k has been bandied about as to what Wolves value him at. I just can't see them holding out to try to get a slightly higher figure. As an EPL club, an extra £250k or so is hardly going to make a difference to them with the kind of cash they are raking in. So it makes me wonder if Ronan has said to them that he's not interested in a permanent move to Scotland?

Goodwin's comments yesterday hinted that there may be no further additions in this window. But there may be a couple leaving. I still think if it's Bates and/or Ramirez, it would leave the squad dangerously short of numbers in their positions without replacing them. 

We only have around 11 league games then maybe 2 cup games before the break. The window will then be close to reopening and Barron will be back too. 

if we don’t rush in to signing a couple just now to hold off till January to get the right ones then what we have should be enough to keep us up in and around 3rd. A right back who can also play cb for me would be a priority or rb and lcb, we can’t afford mccrorie going in to defence. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

However if we have been trying to get him in, it is a bit concerning that he hasn't already signed. He's not one that should take till transfer deadline day to get over the line. The figure of £500k has been bandied about as to what Wolves value him at. I just can't see them holding out to try to get a slightly higher figure. As an EPL club, an extra £250k or so is hardly going to make a difference to them with the kind of cash they are raking in. So it makes me wonder if Ronan has said to them that he's not interested in a permanent move to Scotland? 

Not sure i agree there. Wolves are still signing players and just signed an attacker today. Surely he is the one that would be on deadline day because he is either trying to stay in the wolves squad and just make the cut off/Wolves are only letting him go once they've filled their squad elsewhere?

43 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

We only have around 11 league games then maybe 2 cup games before the break. The window will then be close to reopening and Barron will be back too. 

if we don’t rush in to signing a couple just now to hold off till January to get the right ones then what we have should be enough to keep us up in and around 3rd. A right back who can also play cb for me would be a priority or rb and lcb, we can’t afford mccrorie going in to defence. 

After last night against part timers,  look at the damage that could be inflicted to Jim’s men ,   in those 11 league and 2 cup games.     They won’t be part timers, and probably keeping 11 players on the park for the 90 minutes.    

1 hour ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Ach it was typical David v Goliath cup tie fare - plucky part timers on their plastic pitch running the pros (scared of injury on shit pitch) close then folding like a red hot Mars bar in extra time

That’s the problem, The Goliath reds should have had a red hot poker up David’s ass from the kick off, then there would have been no extra time and no supporters and Jimbo having squeaky  bums.  

8 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

That’s the problem, The Goliath reds should have had a red hot poker up David’s ass from the kick off, then there would have been no extra time and no supporters and Jimbo having squeaky  bums.  

I always thought we appreciated the David v Goliath tags after we did it to the mighty Real Madrid 

6 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

I agree. But, for some reason, in these one off cup games, by sheer doggedness David is able to nullify said red hot poker from going anywhere near, let alone be thrust into, his ass. Until he becomes too tired and, eventually, yields.

Well Goliath should be down on his knees thanking  god David didn’t cut his big Over confident  head off. In the first 90 minutes. 

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And apparently we're about to announce a £3.5m loss for last financial year 

Surely not? Thought after the COVID year we had managed to get back to an even keel.

KNowing sacking off Glass and all his duds wouldn't have been cheap but we got the guts of £7 mill from Ferguson + Ramsay plus the promotion clause for McKenna

Just now, Granite95 said:

Surely not? Thought after the COVID year we had managed to get back to an even keel.

KNowing sacking off Glass and all his duds wouldn't have been cheap but we got the guts of £7 mill from Ferguson + Ramsay plus the promotion clause for McKenna

Incoming fees will not have been in the accounts.