Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

I doubt playing random unknown teams in qualifiers, then ultimately losing at the final hurdle is going to be the selling point of coming to Pittodrie. 

If we'd finished third this season we'd have been guaranteed European football until December. It would have been a huge selling point.

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Dom Ball and Lee Wallace released by QPR. 

The previous regime would have been snapping them up. 

I think if Ball is available the current one might well consider him. Played regularly enough enough for QPR in his time. They shouldn't of course....they should play McCrorie in the position he plays but for some unknown reason we seem to prefer playing McCrorie further forward than his ability should allow

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

I think if Ball is available the current one might well consider him. Played regularly enough enough for QPR in his time. They shouldn't of course....they should play McCrorie in the position he plays but for some unknown reason we seem to prefer playing McCrorie further forward than his ability should allow

I think there's more chance we'll see Shinnie back than Ball 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We should have signed Kingsley instead of Greg Leigh at the time. That was a no brainer. 

Greg Leigh was decent enough the first time round.

He should never have bee signed a second time while injured though. That was a shocking decision.

But you are right Kingsley would have been a better option no doubt.

10 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

He should never have bee signed a second time while injured though

McInnes moaning we had no cash in January and then re-signing Leigh to an extended deal was unbelievably stupid, even more so when Leigh unsurprinsgly got injured the next game.

Why Mackenzie/Ngwenya weren't given a chance is beyond me

30 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

McInnes moaning we had no cash in January and then re-signing Leigh to an extended deal was unbelievably stupid, even more so when Leigh unsurprinsgly got injured the next game.

Why Mackenzie/Ngwenya weren't given a chance is beyond me

Ngwenya was hopeless in the game at Coonty....he clearly wasn't ready at that point

MacKenzie is a different matter altogether. Clearly McInnes just didn't rate him. 

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Ngwenya was hopeless in the game at Inverness....he clearly wasn't ready at that point

MacKenzie is a different matter altogether. Clearly McInnes just didn't rate him. 

Aye, Ngwenya came on in the 4-1 horsing at Ross County & was never seen again.

Hopefully 18 months later & a run of games at Kelty has improved him

MacKenzie has still to convince me he’s good enough, although if he maintains the level of last week, he’ll be fine. 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Ngwenya was hopeless in the game at Inverness....he clearly wasn't ready at that point

Was it not Ross County where we got thrashed? Would've rather given him a chance in the first team than Leigh, just summed up how we treated out youth, happier to give loanee duds minutes over our own academy players

9 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Was it not Ross County where we got thrashed? Would've rather given him a chance in the first team than Leigh, just summed up how we treated out youth, happier to give loanee duds minutes over our own academy players

Aye Ross County was what I meant

1 hour ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Anyone who’s holding hope of us signing former players like Dom Ball or Michael Hector clearly haven’t been listening to Big Dave. The clubs moved away from that approach, I see us only signing players from our own league or players off our extensive database. 

So what happened to the foreigners.????}}}!

2 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Anyone who’s holding hope of us signing former players like Dom Ball or Michael Hector clearly haven’t been listening to Big Dave. The clubs moved away from that approach, I see us only signing players from our own league or players off our extensive database. 

That's funny as I could've sworn our esteemed chairman brought in Glass as manager and clearly paved the way for Hayes to return.

My recommendation is don't trust a word 'Big Dave' utters.

8 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

That's funny as I could've sworn our esteemed chairman brought in Glass as manager and clearly paved the way for Hayes to return.

Glass was his own choice, were he shat it when our other options went elsewhere.

Hayes was 2 years ago, I’m on about going forward with the DOF and head of recruitment in place now. 

I’m not saying I trust Big Dave but we should be a lot more prepared for this season compared to last. If Goodwin doesn’t get backed then Cormack will only have himself to blame.

7 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Yeah I’m sure, numbers quoted would merely cover your losses last year, never mind previous. The Hearts squad would have been down with Aberdeen and Hibs bar Craig Gordon. He’s POTS for a reason.  Tbf I like Kingsley and Halkett too but after that there’s no many you’d write home about. McKay on a purple patch maybe.
I would be very surprised if Hearts are third  next season. 

I'll meet you half way. We've still got a bit building to do. But Beningime and if we get Simms back for another year, can you name a better CMF or CF outside Glasgow? And McKay has been consistent all year. 

We'll add 2 or 3 players of real quality and a few to build the numbers. 

But who is gonna make up the gap and overtake us? We romped 3rd and will have a significant budget. Plus appeal with Europe and cup finals to crow about. 

I don't think we're world beaters. But just don't see anyone else in Scotland taking 3rd from us. Our two biggest threats didn't even finish in the top half of the league. 

• Site Sponsor
37 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I'll meet you half way. We've still got a bit building to do. But Beningime and if we get Simms back for another year, can you name a better CMF or CF outside Glasgow? And McKay has been consistent all year. 

But who is gonna make up the gap and overtake us? We romped 3rd and will have a significant budget. Plus appeal with Europe and cup finals to crow about. 

I don't think we're world beaters. But just don't see anyone else in Scotland taking 3rd from us. Our two biggest threats didn't even finish in the top half of the league. 

Guarantees fuck all. 

McInnes will tell you that.

Hearts had a decent season this year but mostly due to the other teams in the league being shite.

Wouldn't crow too much or you might fall heavily off that wobbly pedestal 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

It won’t last. Aberdeen fans can testify to that. Maybe a couple of years of 3rd place and a few finals, then it becomes a constant battle to replenish your squad. A self fulfilling prophecy in which the “success” is actually detrimental to your long term goals. We have traded places, but rest assured you’ll be languishing near the bottom of the league in a few years time. This is what amazes me about fucking morons celebrating the huns getting to the europa league final, nothing about it is good for the rest of Scottish football. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Blah up - one good season in about 15 years and suddenly hearts are magic again ??‍♂️

You’ll be back down battling relegation AGAIN soon enough 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

? Hearts are on 61 points & all their ‘challengers’ for 3rd this season were brutal. Hearts are not great, not even close to Aberdeen when we were up there & it didn’t take much for us to drop down to 4th & worse. 

You are always seeing Hearts & your signings as waaaaaay better than they actually are.

P35

W17

D10

L8

if not for Gordon the above ‘blatantly average’ stats when everyone else has been shite, would be a fair bit worse as well ?

51 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I'll give you 2 straight off the bat. Ferguson and Barron. 

Hearts had a good season. No doubt about it. But let's be honest all the other teams made a massive cunt of it rather than Hearts being miles ahead. If any other team could put a run together we'd have seen what you were about. You still only won once against us and were schooled in the first game by a fat JET and Dean Campbell. Get off that ketamine induced horse you've hopped on. 

• Upvote 3