Barry Robson

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

Got called out big time on Sportsound for saying they'd played more games than anyone else. Which of course is complete bs.

Did he not just mean has played more than most teams recently. We've had a tougher schedule than anyone else since the international break - only Rangers have played the same number of games but didn't have a trip to Germany.

5 hours ago, Dunty said:

Did he not just mean has played more than most teams recently. We've had a tougher schedule than anyone else since the international break - only Rangers have played the same number of games but didn't have a trip to Germany.

That's what Billy Dodds said he meant when the pundits were questioning it after hearing the interview.

The thing is he repeats the poorly delivered line over several different outlets and over different games. A few games now he's moved on from blaming tiredness after Hacken and playing more games than a'bdy else, to just mentioning playing more games. His interviews pre and post match are just torrents of smart alec pish or drivel.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but if even pundits are picking you up on it, then statements like he comes out with do bite you on the arse eventually. 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

That's what Billy Dodds said he meant when the pundits were questioning it after hearing the interview.

The thing is he repeats the poorly delivered line over several different outlets and over different games. A few games now he's moved on from blaming tiredness after Hacken and playing more games than a'bdy else, to just mentioning playing more games. His interviews pre and post match are just torrents of smart alec pish or drivel.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but if even pundits are picking you up on it, then statements like he comes out with do bite you on the arse eventually. 

Aye, he talks a lot of keech to be honest.

Rambling nonsense, with the occasional often repeated lie thrown in for a week or two, with another one replacing it. 

52 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Rambling nonsense, with the occasional often repeated lie thrown in for a week or two, with another one replacing it. 

Mm we have just got to Hampden for a semi final and your focus is on what words Robson uses just after a game?Fwiw I think Robson could learn a bit from Mcinnes on interviews but then I dont hang on every utterance from Robson to find a fault.h

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

So did Goodwin tbf, most of the time no real point in listening to post amtch pressers as they wont go into too much, no point in publicly throwing the players under the bus

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

Mm we have just got to Hampden for a semi final and your focus is on what words Robson uses just after a game?Fwiw I think Robson could learn a bit from Mcinnes on interviews but then I dont hang on every utterance from Robson to find a fault.h

Hasn’t been my focus whatsoever if you saw my posts in the match thread, but sorry, I forgot Robson walks on your water. 

And when he spouts lies, it’s not unreasonable he’s called out for it. 

They were ridiculing him on the radio for it, so it doesn’t go unnoticed 

9 hours ago, Dunty said:

You can tell from his RedTV interview that's what he means. Says, 'we're playing a lot of games of football just now, a lot more than anyone else'.

It's along the same lines as his comments about travelling. He's just trying to protect the players in public, which I think is the right approach.

He's not articulate in doing that, so he sounds like a bit of an idiot at times, but I'd rather judge him on the performances, which have improved in the last three games. He has to build on that now.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, starryfish said:

Richard Gordon calling out this pish that Robson spouts about us playing more games than everyone else, only two teams in the league we have played more games than!

Richard Gordon?! Is he not employed by Cove Rangers- not sure l would mention him as someone to highlight in terms of football. In the last few weeks we and the two Glasgow teams have played more games than the other nine teams. Beale highlighted the same fact. Did Richard Gordon criticise him ? Gordon should have spent more time highlighting the dreadful decision made to award the Ibrox lot their first goal. 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hasn’t been my focus whatsoever if you saw my posts in the match thread, but sorry, I forgot Robson walks on your water. 

And when he spouts lies, it’s not unreasonable he’s called out for it. 

They were ridiculing him on the radio for it, so it doesn’t go unnoticed 

Since when has BBC Scotland or Sportscene ever given a balanced view on issues relating to Aberdeen. After the County game on Sunday they made no reference in their post game analysis to the shocking tackle on Hayes.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
13 hours ago, starryfish said:

Richard Gordon calling out this pish that Robson spouts about us playing more games than everyone else, only two teams in the league we have played more games than!

Don't agree with Robson trotting out that line at every opportunity. 

But playing league cup games against lower league teams before the season starts isn't the same as playing midweek European ties during the league season. Should be quite obvious to folk apparently involved in football.

The frequency of games means less time 'on the field' in training, which isn't ideal for a club with such a high turnover of players, I'm sure you'd all agree.

Results and performances are starting to improve, so those shouting loudest for Robson to get binned a week ago are focusing on post match comments instead. 

Almost as if its really being right on here they're most concerned about, rather than what's actually happening on the field of play.

How many other teams have played 3 times in 6 days?

• Upvote 3
20 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Results and performances are starting to improve, so those shouting loudest for Robson to get binned a week ago are focusing on post match comments instead. 

Almost as if its really being right on here they're most concerned about, rather than what's actually happening on the field of play.

Rangers have. 

22 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

What a load of rubbish, we've had two great wins yet he's still coming out with absolute rubbish, why?  

24 minutes ago, G man said:

Since when has BBC Scotland or Sportscene ever given a balanced view on issues relating to Aberdeen. After the County game on Sunday they made no reference in their post game analysis to the shocking tackle on Hayes.

That’s mainly because Willie Miller is fuckin hopeless at reporting on the game and even worse doing the Open All Mics thing

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

What a load of rubbish, we've had two great wins yet he's still coming out with absolute rubbish, why?  

But we have played more games than 10 other teams in our league in the last month. Beale mentions the same fact last night and no one is questioning his facts?!

5 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Most of you dicks wanted him sacked 🤣🤣🤣

I'll keep it real, I'm very pleased he's managed to get two excellent wins under his belt, however, I don't think he's the right person long term and I think we should be actively looking to replace him but here's hoping he continues to get the results and good performances out of the team.

• Upvote 1