Barry Robson

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

I would it reflects on the squads those managers took over, I think most would agree that Goodwin was the issue and the squad was above average where as the squad he took over from Glass was terrible, the team Glass took over was a bit of a mess too.

Also the defence was getting fixed anyway, both Pollock and MacDonald had been earmarked as signings for Goodwin.

Credit for getting rid of Stewart but most of the signings we made in Jan were happening regardless of who was in charge of the team.

Would maybe have got Idzes also if Goodwin hadn't been canned.

Players had clearly chucked it though.

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hasn’t been my focus whatsoever if you saw my posts in the match thread, but sorry, I forgot Robson walks on your water. 

And when he spouts lies, it’s not unreasonable he’s called out for it. 

They were ridiculing him on the radio for it, so it doesn’t go unnoticed 

Lets be honest.You mini and some others dont want Robson as manager now or last season.So you try to highlight anything you see as negative..Mini even made a hue and cry about Robson saying Livingstone would be a difficult match before a ball was kicked.Some of us feel the need to speak  up about this constant negativity.We are then accused of stuff like believing Robson walks on water which of course is not the case.And on it goes.A rational analysis would say something like perhaps Robson could benefit from a wee bit of media training possibly

Personally  I rather like his local couthy approach..a nice change from the smooth talking personalties  we usually see.More importantly we are now seeing some improvement in the team as the squad begins to gell.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Lets be honest.You mini and some others dont want Robson as manager now or last season.So you try to highlight anything you see as negative..Mini even made a hue and cry about Robson saying Livingstone would be a difficult match before a ball was kicked.Some of us feel the need to speak  up about this constant negativity.We are then accused of stuff like believing Robson walks on water which of course is not the case.And on it goes.A rational analysis would say something like perhaps Robson could benefit from a wee bit of media training possibly

Personally  I rather like his local couthy approach..a nice change from the smooth talking personalties  we usually see.More importantly we are now seeing some improvement in the team as the squad begins to gell.

When you are manager of Aberdeen you should be the finished article. Not someone in need of media training. And i doubt he's got time for training with all these games and tiredness to deal with.

• Dildo 2
41 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

So by that argument, no point ever changing a manager because its always down to the players?

Nope, that's not what I'm saying, Goodwin had to go but those players were good enough to avoid those 3 results, in my opinion there would have been an uptick in performances regardless of which manager took over.

7 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

He’s bought himself another 4 weeks I reckon, needs a big result at weekend 

I would disagree on this weekends game, for me I'll be happy with a good performance with a set up that makes sense and gives us a decent chance.  I think it's unrealistic to expect us to go there and win even if they aren't that good right now, we have only just started to turn a corner.

• Upvote 4
25 minutes ago, minijc said:

Nope, that's not what I'm saying, Goodwin had to go but those players were good enough to avoid those 3 results, in my opinion there would have been an uptick in performances regardless of which manager took over.

Who knows?Maybe get us from 7th to 6th 5th 4th?3rd and group stages less likely imo.All conjec ture anyway.Certainly no other manager would have got us higher than third.

2 hours ago, G man said:

Since when have we ever got a fair and balanced view from the BBC - radio or TV?!

Those like Richard Gordon who seems to have a chip on his shoulder about all things related to Aberdeen should get their facts right rather than twisting the views of others.

Absolute drivel

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, minijc said:

I would it reflects on the squads those managers took over, I think most would agree that Goodwin was the issue and the squad was above average where as the squad he took over from Glass was terrible, the team Glass took over was a bit of a mess too.

Also the defence was getting fixed anyway, both Pollock and MacDonald had been earmarked as signings for Goodwin.

Credit for getting rid of Stewart but most of the signings we made in Jan were happening regardless of who was in charge of the team.

You are correct about Pollock but not MacDonald. He only became available when Jody Morris was appointed Swindon manager at the end of January and made MacDonald surplus to requirements. Robson still had to get them to gel. He made a vast improvement in the defence. That cannot be disputed.

3 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

Results and performances are starting to improve, so those shouting loudest for Robson to get binned a week ago are focusing on post match comments instead. 

Almost as if its really being right on here they're most concerned about, rather than what's actually happening on the field of play.

How many other teams have played 3 times in 6 days?

Celtic , Sevco , Manchester United, Liverpool , Arsenal ,  

Chelsea ,  etc etc etc .  

• Dildo 1
On 9/27/2023 at 12:25 AM, donswin1983 said:

Of course people should be held accountable, min! People are held to account in every walk of life, professionally and personally. 
I accept there are some mitigating reasons for us being where we are in the league etc, however, 2 wins in 14 games, coupled with baffling tactics is plenty for someone’s competence to be discussed. I’m not sure we have exceptionally high standards or expectations as Dons fans either. We have underachieved for years in terms of trophies won and we’re all still here. At the very least our expectations and what the club delivers should be in line with the significant budget we hold versus the majority of our peers. Those that are accountable for ensuring that happens will and should be held to account for that outcome and we’re all entitled to our opinion!  2 wins in 14 is not performing in line with that expectation. Sunday was better, Thursday was better,  but that aside it’s been honking. I didn’t want BR in charge and I don’t think he’s the man to take us forward in the medium term, but if we win games with him at the helm, play a game that’s worth watching in achieving that and deliver consistent results, I’m delighted to be wrong. 
Until we do deliver that consistency, week in week out, I will continue to question and hold BR etc to account for that. It’s not too early to be questioning his competence now though. 
We lose tomorrow, which i pray to fuck we don’t, it’s 2 from 15 and we’re out of a competition we’ve got a decent chance of winning. I can guarantee I will be looking to hold some to account for that and justifiably so. 

Give me strength. The '2 wins in 14' tripe.... you could quite easily say 11 wins in 23 (as it stands now from when he took over). Is this our JFK moment.... in years to come it'll be, where when you when we had 2 wins in 14?

On our last 2 games Robson has a 100% win rate. See, you can do quite a lot with stats depending on your agenda.

As for the rest of your waffle - awa and bile yer heid as my Granda used to say.

39 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaDon said:

He has an opportunity now, as do the players, to get back on track. Yes, Ross County is not exactly a juggernaut, but we needed some confidence and hopefully we have that now. 

We shall see if that continues against the pricks from Glasgow.

It will be red shirts getting booked and sent off as usual to help the BNBstrds. Win the league.  

17 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Rambling on again about playing more games than everyone else this season.

Radio rightly picking him up on the pish.

17 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Another win though, so we'll done on that. Not the best performance, but through to the next round.

Big game for him on Saturday. 

Interesting that your first post was a negative one which you then countered by a begrudging acknowledgement that we navigated a tricky tie and are now in the semi. Old habits die hard. So what if he said we have had more games. Post or pre-match interviews about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

When you are manager of Aberdeen you should be the finished article. Not someone in need of media training. And i doubt he's got time for training with all these games and tiredness to deal with.

Ferguson wasn’t the finished article when he was appointed manager of Aberdeen.    Plus he wasn’t the finished article when he became manager of Manchester United.   

8 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

That's what Billy Dodds said he meant when the pundits were questioning it after hearing the interview.

The thing is he repeats the poorly delivered line over several different outlets and over different games. A few games now he's moved on from blaming tiredness after Hacken and playing more games than a'bdy else, to just mentioning playing more games. His interviews pre and post match are just torrents of smart alec pish or drivel.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but if even pundits are picking you up on it, then statements like he comes out with do bite you on the arse eventually. 

Not that it matters, but of course that's what he's meaning. The early part of the season, these other teams were involved in LC groups, before League kicked off. They were glorified friendlies. We've been 2 games a week (ish) for last month have we not, with travelling on top of that. Shouldn't be used an excuse in any case, but our 1st team look a bit tired, so now's the time to switch it up. Would have Sokler start on Saturday and give Miovski a break on bench, take him and Duk on for last 20-30 mins.

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hasn’t been my focus whatsoever if you saw my posts in the match thread, but sorry, I forgot Robson walks on your water. 

And when he spouts lies, it’s not unreasonable he’s called out for it. 

They were ridiculing him on the radio for it, so it doesn’t go unnoticed 

No, Richard Gordon was, who seems to have a bee in his bonnet about Robson.

3 hours ago, minijc said:

It depends how Robson meant it and only he knows, if it's been picked up wrong then fair enough but for me it's just a daft thing to constantly reference.  Fans know the lads have a tough schedule but the last thing we want are excuses and that's all he hits out with, absolute no need for them especially after we've won.

About the 10th time you've mentioned it now - who actually gives a fuck other than those looking for rocks to throw in his direction.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

I would disagree on this weekends game, for me I'll be happy with a good performance with a set up that makes sense and gives us a decent chance.  I think it's unrealistic to expect us to go there and win even if they aren't that good right now, we have only just started to turn a corner.

Not sure about unrealistic, they are in poor form too. Barry is 2 more poor results away from current lift being a distant memory. A actual result this weekend makes that well interesting times