Barry Robson

1 minute ago, G man said:

But we have played more games than 10 other teams in our league in the last month. Beale mentions the same fact last night and no one is questioning his facts?!

Why does he have to mention it though?  To me it feels like two under pressure managers looking for excuses at any opportunity, if Robson is that worried about how many games we've played and all of the travelling, then he'll be heavily rotating the squad.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Why does he have to mention it though?  To me it feels like two under pressure managers looking for excuses at any opportunity, if Robson is that worried about how many games we've played and all of the travelling, then he'll be heavily rotating the squad.

I only mention it in terms of people saying his facts are completely wrong. Richard Gordon had the nerve to say only two teams had played fewer matches. That is just a total lie. I agree he is not the best when it comes to the media but l remember Fergie when he was in his early days as our manager. Although the media commitment was far less in those days he was not great when he went in front of the cameras.

1 minute ago, G man said:

I only mention it in terms of people saying his facts are completely wrong. Richard Gordon had the nerve to say only two teams had played fewer matches. That is just a total lie. I agree he is not the best when it comes to the media but l remember Fergie when he was in his early days as our manager. Although the media commitment was far less in those days he was not great when he went in front of the cameras.

It depends how Robson meant it and only he knows, if it's been picked up wrong then fair enough but for me it's just a daft thing to constantly reference.  Fans know the lads have a tough schedule but the last thing we want are excuses and that's all he hits out with, absolute no need for them especially after we've won.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hasn’t been my focus whatsoever if you saw my posts in the match thread, but sorry, I forgot Robson walks on your water. 

And when he spouts lies, it’s not unreasonable he’s called out for it. 

They were ridiculing him on the radio for it, so it doesn’t go unnoticed 

Since when have we ever got a fair and balanced view from the BBC - radio or TV?!

Those like Richard Gordon who seems to have a chip on his shoulder about all things related to Aberdeen should get their facts right rather than twisting the views of others.

• Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, G man said:

Not sure what you've got against Richard Gordon. He's always been very unbiased, and is respected by pretty much everyone. If you want to know how good he was, just go and listen to sportsound with Kenny MacIntyre.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, minijc said:

What a load of rubbish, we've had two great wins yet he's still coming out with absolute rubbish, why?  

Couldn't tell you. 

I've said before I couldn't care less what he says in post match interviews. I generally think managers spout any old shit to keep the media happy and to try to divert flak from their players.

By "a load of rubbish" are you implying we've not played 3 times in 6 days? Or are you saying that no poster on this site is an egotistical fucknugget?

10 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Couldn't tell you. 

I've said before I couldn't care less what he says in post match interviews. I generally think managers spout any old shit to keep the media happy and to try to divert flak from their players.

By "a load of rubbish" are you implying we've not played 3 times in 6 days? Or are you saying that no poster on this site is an egotistical fucknugget?

Why would he need to protect players when they've just played very well and won games?

The load of rubbish was in relation to you saying the people who wanted rid of him are just focusing on what he says post match. 

17 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Yes. But they have a much, much bigger squad, a massive competitive advantage over other teams in the league and the referees in their pocket judging by last night's evidence.

Plus we weren't playing them.

The question was how many teams have played 3 games in 6 days. Rangers was the answer. 

Am i correct? No buts required please...

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Why would he need to protect players when they've just played very well and won games?

The load of rubbish was in relation to you saying the people who wanted rid of him are just focusing on what he says post match. 

Maybe he thought we should have put them away a bit easier considering they had 10 men for 90% of the game? I don't know, I'm not him, but that would make sense to me.

I didn't say everyone that thought he should be sacked a week ago was behaving like that, but precious few of that group are saying anything positive or constructive. 

I've agreed with much of what you've said since he was appointed (even temporarily). How are you viewing the recent performances and stats? We've scored some cracking goals in the last week, and rhe quality of football has improved dramatically imo. Still plenty of room for improvement (particularly at the back) but Rome wasn't built in a day.

7 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Maybe he thought we should have put them away a bit easier considering they had 10 men for 90% of the game? I don't know, I'm not him, but that would make sense to me.

I didn't say everyone that thought he should be sacked a week ago was behaving like that, but precious few of that group are saying anything positive or constructive. 

I've agreed with much of what you've said since he was appointed (even temporarily). How are you viewing the recent performances and stats? We've scored some cracking goals in the last week, and rhe quality of football has improved dramatically imo. Still plenty of room for improvement (particularly at the back) but Rome wasn't built in a day.

It's two games that we should be winning more often than not but sunday was very encouraging as we actually played football which to no surprise meant we looked way better than we had done so previously. 

We now need to keep those performances as the bare minimum and if we do, especially at home we'll be absolutely fine this season and competing at the right end, I just have my doubts that Robson is capable of achieving that on a weekly basis.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

I'll keep it real, I'm very pleased he's managed to get two excellent wins under his belt, however, I don't think he's the right person long term and I think we should be actively looking to replace him but here's hoping he continues to get the results and good performances out of the team.

How long do you class as long term though 

9 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's two games that we should be winning more often than not but sunday was very encouraging as we actually played football which to no surprise meant we looked way better than we had done so previously. 

We now need to keep those performances as the bare minimum and if we do, especially at home we'll be absolutely fine this season and competing at the right end, I just have my doubts that Robson is capable of achieving that on a weekly basis.

I have my doubts as well.

But the transformation he achieved last season was night and day compared to the impact out previous 2 incumbents made in their fag-end season periods, meaning he gets a bit more leeway in my book.

Giving both Goodwin and Glass more time than Robson, in those circumstances, would just be stupid. 

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

How long do you class as long term though 

2 years but I can't see him lasting that time.

8 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

I have my doubts as well.

But the transformation he achieved last season was night and day compared to the impact out previous 2 incumbents made in their fag-end season periods, meaning he gets a bit more leeway in my book.

Giving both Goodwin and Glass more time than Robson, in those circumstances, would just be stupid. 

I think some are overdoing it with how great the turn around was, we were 9pts off of 3rd I think when he took over (I might be wrong) but the fixtures were very helpful, no doubt he made a big difference but for me I think the players got off lightly with the whole Goodwin debacle. 

The 3 terrible were on him, obviously but the teams he fielded were good enough to not lose in the manner that they did, the players had chucked it, so it didn't really matter who took over, there was always going to be an uptick in performance levels.

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

2 years but I can't see him lasting that time.

I think some are overdoing it with how great the turn around was, we were 9pts off of 3rd I think when he took over (I might be wrong) but the fixtures were very helpful, no doubt he made a big difference but for me I think the players got off lightly with the whole Goodwin debacle. 

The 3 terrible were on him, obviously but the teams he fielded were good enough to not lose in the manner that they did, the players had chucked it, so it didn't really matter who took over, there was always going to be an uptick in performance levels.

I partially agree. But he significantly improved our defence as a minimum. 

Also, we arguably regressed under both Goodwin and Glass during their initial phases. We definitely did not under Robson.

I can't remember McInnes doing much in his first part season either, but he had much less time to work with it.

12 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

I partially agree. But he significantly improved our defence as a minimum. 

Also, we arguably regressed under both Goodwin and Glass during their initial phases. We definitely did not under Robson.

I can't remember McInnes doing much in his first part season either, but he had much less time to work with it.

I would it reflects on the squads those managers took over, I think most would agree that Goodwin was the issue and the squad was above average where as the squad he took over from Glass was terrible, the team Glass took over was a bit of a mess too.

Also the defence was getting fixed anyway, both Pollock and MacDonald had been earmarked as signings for Goodwin.

7 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Jeez the guy got shot of Stewart and brought in an entire team almost.

Credit due!!

Credit for getting rid of Stewart but most of the signings we made in Jan were happening regardless of who was in charge of the team.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

I would it reflects on the squads those managers took over, I think most would agree that Goodwin was the issue and the squad was above average where as the squad he took over from Glass was terrible, the team Glass took over was a bit of a mess too.

Also the defence was getting fixed anyway, both Pollock and MacDonald had been earmarked as signings for Goodwin.

So by that argument, no point ever changing a manager because its always down to the players?