Scotland-Poland & Austria or Wales

Clarke absolutely did the right thing bringing Patterson in when he did. 

We had O'Donnell and Palmer for the right back position, neither of which were particularly inspiring so he brought his best youngster at the time into the squad instead of Palmer.  Absolute no brainer as neither of the other two were going to have much of a future at international level. 

If Ramsay had maintained the level of his early season form he might have had a wee look during this international break but made the right call giving him 90 minutes at u21. 

If Ramsay gets back to his previous level on a consistent basis Clarke will definitely cap him, no doubt in my mind at all. 

But it's a pointless argument at the moment as he's not playing well enough and Patterson has done OK for Scotland despite his lack of club games. 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

You really don’t get to me but I’ll explain it to you again it’s not the fact it’s Nathan Patterson it’s the fact he can’t get a game for his club. To use another example I think Craig Gordon is the best goalie we have probably the best goalie Scotland has ever had but for the two years he was sitting on the Celtic bench not getting a game I did not think he should be playing for Scotland so it meant others got a game. 

And I take it you mentioned Coleman trying to be smart as it’s him not Kenny keeping Patterson out of the Everton team but from what I can see since Patterson signed for Everton they have played 13 games a total of 1200 mins in that time Coleman has played 997 minutes, Kenny has played 574 mins, Paterson has played 45 mins so for me Coleman and Kenny must have played in the together a bit so out of them it’s Kenny keeping him out of the team so I don’t think I miss spelt his name wrong. 

If the Patterson not getting a game situation persists into next season then you probably do have a point.

But I suspect if he's not part of Lampard's (immediate anyway) plans, I'm sure Everton will stick him out on loan to a Championship club and that will be enough to ensure he retains his starting spot for Scotland. As aberdeen1970 rightly says, had Ramsay maintained his early season form he likely would have been tried out in a friendly, possibly the one against Austria in a few days time. But he's been poor since returning from injury and so the U21's is the right place for him just now. If we qualify for the WC, even if Ramsay starts next season well, it'll probably be too late to force his way into the WC squad. His time will come though.

You really do need to lose your anti-Patterson stance min. He might well be ex-sevco but for now he's Scotland's undisputed best option at right back

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

If the Patterson not getting a game situation persists into next season then you probably do have a point.

But I suspect if he's not part of Lampard's (immediate anyway) plans, I'm sure Everton will stick him out on loan to a Championship club and that will be enough to ensure he retains his starting spot for Scotland. As aberdeen1970 rightly says, had Ramsay maintained his early season form he likely would have been tried out in a friendly, possibly the one against Austria in a few days time. But he's been poor since returning from injury and so the U21's is the right place for him just now. If we qualify for the WC, even if Ramsay starts next season well, it'll probably be too late to force his way into the WC squad. His time will come though.

You really do need to lose your anti-Patterson stance min. He might well be ex-sevco but for now he's Scotland's undisputed best option at right back

The way things are looking Patterson could quite easily be playing in the championship next season with Everton. 

my anti-Paterson stance will change when he’s playing regularly for his club, no one should have more minutes for Scotland in a season than their clubs and from what Clarke said I don’t think he would of been picked if it wasn’t for the fact the Ukraine game got canceled and we ended up playing friendlies. 

I’m not actually thinking Ramsey should be right back but at least he’s playing regular 

4 hours ago, thurso said:

You really don’t get to me but I’ll explain it to you again it’s not the fact it’s Nathan Patterson it’s the fact he can’t get a game for his club. To use another example I think Craig Gordon is the best goalie we have probably the best goalie Scotland has ever had but for the two years he was sitting on the Celtic bench not getting a game I did not think he should be playing for Scotland so it meant others got a game. 

And I take it you mentioned Coleman trying to be smart as it’s him not Kenny keeping Patterson out of the Everton team but from what I can see since Patterson signed for Everton they have played 13 games a total of 1200 mins in that time Coleman has played 997 minutes, Kenny has played 574 mins, Paterson has played 45 mins so for me Coleman and Kenny must have played in the together a bit so out of them it’s Kenny keeping him out of the team so I don’t think I miss spelt his name wrong. 

FYI, I didn't read this

Complete waste of your time 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

The way things are looking Patterson could quite easily be playing in the championship next season with Everton. 

my anti-Paterson stance will change when he’s playing regularly for his club, no one should have more minutes for Scotland in a season than their clubs and from what Clarke said I don’t think he would of been picked if it wasn’t for the fact the Ukraine game got canceled and we ended up playing friendlies. 

I’m not actually thinking Ramsey should be right back but at least he’s playing regular 

What's playing regularly got to do with it, he isn't good enough and that's why he isn't in

Accept it

25 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What's playing regularly got to do with it, he isn't good enough and that's why he isn't in

Accept it

I think he’s letting his hatred for all things south of Stonehaven cloud his judgement a wee bitty!, Ramsay played for the full 90 mins against turkey at home in a must win to qualify yesterday!,  we/he failed. If he cannot stop under 21s Turkish players, do we really want to completely smash his confidence completely and fire him in to stop zinchenko and co, as we all know the papers would mercilessly attack him if the result wasn’t great.

I’d rather let him get his confidence back, end the season and build himself up, come back fighting next year

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

I think he’s letting his hatred for all things south of Stonehaven cloud his judgement a wee bitty!, Ramsay played for the full 90 mins against turkey at home in a must win to qualify yesterday!,  we/he failed. If he cannot stop under 21s Turkish players, do we really want to completely smash his confidence completely and fire him in to stop zinchenko and co, as we all know the papers would mercilessly attack him if the result wasn’t great.

I’d rather let him get his confidence back, end the season and build himself up, come back fighting next year

Ah so that’s how it works? So that hun bastard Patterson couldn’t event beat Poland minus their only decent player? What a useless cunt 

8 hours ago, thurso said:

You honestly think Gordon is better than Leighton, Goram or even McGregor?? Not even close to those three.

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

FYI, I didn't read this

Complete waste of your time 

Yes you did but it proved you wrong so you tried to be smart but failed because …..

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

Accept it

…. You honestly think from what I said that’s what you took from it. Let me again explain it to you for the 100th time I DONT CARE WHO IT IS IF YOU DONT PLAY REGULARLY FOR YOUR CLUB YOU SHOULDNT PLAY FOR SCOTLAND. I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE. 

4 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Fuck that it’s all things south of Helmsdale I hate.
But if you seen last nights game Ramsey was exposed when he was left 2 on 1 against him and they played round him as he had no perfection but when it was 1 on 1 he defended well. Both goals turkey scored neither was Ramsey fault  

17 minutes ago, thurso said:

Yes you did but it proved you wrong so you tried to be smart but failed because …..

…. You honestly think from what I said that’s what you took from it. Let me again explain it to you for the 100th time I DONT CARE WHO IT IS IF YOU DONT PLAY REGULARLY FOR YOUR CLUB YOU SHOULDNT PLAY FOR SCOTLAND. I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE. 

Fuck that it’s all things south of Helmsdale I hate.
But if you seen last nights game Ramsey was exposed when he was left 2 on 1 against him and they played round him as he had no perfection but when it was 1 on 1 he defended well. Both goals turkey scored neither was Ramsey fault  

? 

2 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Not a chance. Gordon is pathetic at cross balls and not as good with the ball at his feet. Also Gordon is so weak when he tries to punch the ball clear. 

Nah. When Gordon first went down to Sunderland it looked a cert he was going to move onto bigger things. Really unlucky with injuries. 

Mcgregor went down to Hull, had a howler of a debut then got relegated and was eventually out the team while in the championship. 

that said they are fairly similar in class. Both top class keepers. Great shot stoppers. 

44 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

Leighton is the best Scottish keeper that I have ever seen.

I hate to say it but it is very close between him and Goram. I'm giving it to Leighton purely on the grounds that at least he was Scottish born. 

Both were a class above both McGregor and Gordon. 

EDIT....but thank fuck Leighton played when he did. My suspicion if he played nowadays is he'd be an even bigger liability than Lewis currently is whenever he has the ball at his feet

15 hours ago, thurso said:

Just read this.

????

There’s not really a lot of footage of Leighton. Which is a shame. My first memories of him is constantly conceding goals between his legs against Hearts when he was at Hibs. Then he came back up here and was alright. Certainly hear he was world class in the 80s though. 

goram was ridiculous in the 90s. Rangers could get battered for a whole game but he’d keep everything out. Then laudrup would do something ridiculous and they’d win 1-0. Peak hating rangers days

1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

Leighton was very good and so was Goram. Little between two when at their peak. Pity Leighton will be remembered by some for the way it ended at man U.

Had a rough France 98 as well. Hun duo Weir and Hendry left him out to dry.

21 hours ago, thurso said:

To use another example I think Craig Gordon is the best goalie we have probably the best goalie Scotland has ever had but for the two years he was sitting on the Celtic bench not getting a game I did not think he should be playing for Scotland so it meant others got a game. 

I'm guessing your under 40. Craig Gordon isn't even the best Scottish keeper around just now. Allan McGregor (despite being a despicable human being) is.

Jim Leighton and Andy Goram are easily the 2 best Scottish born keepers I've seen in my lifetime. They at their best were much better than Gordon.

• Haha 1

Different times different games.  If you wanted a sweeper keeper aka Neuer then leave Leighton at home.

If you want a keeper to make ridiculous saves on a shite pitch with a heavy ball in the wind then yes, Leighton, Macalpine and I’ll chuck in a young pre hun Billy Thompson as well.  Honourable mention for Henrietta Smith but only for the hair.

But if you want a keeper in where it hurts time and again, with zero protection against football luminaries like Colin Forsyth then it’s Leighton every time.  Bravest keeper.  End discussion.

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I'm guessing your under 40. Craig Gordon isn't even the best Scottish keeper around just now. Allan McGregor (despite being a despicable human being) is.

Jim Leighton and Andy Goram are easily the 2 best Scottish born keepers I've seen in my lifetime. They at their best were much better than Gordon.

Where in Scotland is Bury?