Scotland-Poland & Austria or Wales

13 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Different times different games.  If you wanted a sweeper keeper aka Neuer then leave Leighton at home.

If you want a keeper to make ridiculous saves on a shite pitch with a heavy ball in the wind then yes, Leighton, Macalpine and I’ll chuck in a young pre hun Billy Thompson as well.  Honourable mention for Henrietta Smith but only for the hair.

But if you want a keeper in where it hurts time and again, with zero protection against football luminaries like Colin Forsyth then it’s Leighton every time.  Bravest keeper.  End discussion.

Who ?

21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Mixing up Tam Forsyth and Colin Jackson 

Easy mistake, both useless hammer throwing Hun thugs 

Alex Stevens and Gregor Miller were both Hun cunts as well. 

I never ever thought of Jackson as a hammer thrower. Big gangly cunt just looked fucking awkward when he was running. And who always looked 10 years older than he actually was with the big blotch of grey hair that spread year after year. Did seem to score plenty from set pieces though.

Stevens and Forsyth were out and out thugs though.

Miller was just plain shite

5 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

I feel sorry for some of our younger fans. I'll go as far as saying Gordon wasn't even as good as Hamish McAlpine, Campbell Money or Bryan Gunn.

All great keepers in their own right, just unlucky to be up against our Jim.

? I’m actually related to Bryan gunn he’s the reason I support Aberdeen and even he admits he wasn’t as good as Gordon. 

2 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I'm guessing your under 40. Craig Gordon isn't even the best Scottish keeper around just now. Allan McGregor (despite being a despicable human being) is.

Jim Leighton and Andy Goram are easily the 2 best Scottish born keepers I've seen in my lifetime. They at their best were much better than Gordon.

Na over 40. Only vaguely remember peek Leighton goram was excellent and McGregor isn’t as good as Gordon on my opinion but no doubt I’ll be told I only think that because of my hatred of sevco 

3 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I'm guessing your under 40. Craig Gordon isn't even the best Scottish keeper around just now. Allan McGregor (despite being a despicable human being) is.

Jim Leighton and Andy Goram are easily the 2 best Scottish born keepers I've seen in my lifetime. They at their best were much better than Gordon.

Yeah that’s an absolutely mental statement! Gordon is a good keeper, but has a few limitations, in particular command of his box.

im not old enough to have seen peak Leighton, but Goram was absolutely incredible. Not going to critique him further on here as he is still a hun bastard, but in terms of ability he’s the best Scottish keeper I’ve ever seen… and it’s not even remotely close. At his peak, there wouldn’t have been many keepers in European football who were better… 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I never ever thought of Jackson as a hammer thrower. Big gangly cunt just looked fucking awkward when he was running. And who always looked 10 years older than he actually was with the big blotch of grey hair that spread year after year. Did seem to score plenty from set pieces though.

Colin Jackson was an Aberdonian. The worst type of hun.

8 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Peak Leighton better than both Gorams. 

The Leighton that Goram was competing with was past his best. 

Correct, also Leighton had more clean sheets for Scotland than Goram had caps.

Even when he was passed his prime, he was still capable of putting in match winning performances,  for example, the 1 -0 win at home to Sweden.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Henry Smith?

You’re clearly fishing.

He was shite. 

Henry Smith wasnae that good.

Goram was an anomaly - unprofessional, fat, jakie, schizo although admittedly a fantastic shot-stopper, but his huns stats are inherently manicured by playing for the cunts.

Anyone would've thought Leighton was irreplaceable leaving at the top of his game when he did. The dons played a stormer signing thoan Dutch boy, like

46 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Goram was an anomaly - unprofessional, fat, jakie, schizo although admittedly a fantastic shot-stopper, but his huns stats are inherently manicured by playing for the cunts.

Anyone would've thought Leighton was irreplaceable leaving at the top of his game when he did. The dons played a stormer signing thoan Dutch boy, like

Pat Bonnar was better than Henry Smith, that's how shite Smith was.

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

But Miller was ace at breakdancing - Scottish Cup Final 1982 - extra time just before Mark McGhee squared the ball to Strachan to make it 3-1.?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Henry Smith?

You’re clearly fishing.

He was shite. 

2 hours ago, shut up meg said:

He was fucking shite

1 hour ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Henry Henry drop the the Ball. 

Henry

Drop the ball. 

He wasn't a good keeper. 

One of my abiding memories of Henry Smith, aside from that perm, was his ability to routinely put the ball out for a throw in from a goal kick.

Why Hearts put up with him for so long baffles me.