Scotland-Poland & Austria or Wales

51 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I'd say the pecking order would be something like this...

McGinn, Gilmour, McTominay, McGregor, Armstrong, McLean, Jack, Ferguson, Fleck...

I've probably forgotten one or two, but Ferguson would probably be lucky to even get in the second choice midfield at the moment. However, he is the youngest in the group after Gilmour so guess he has that in his favour looking to the future.

Not a bad selection of midfielders to be behind either. Fair play to him. Think the main 3 will be McGinn, Gilmour & McGregor - with McTominay on the right of the central back 3. 

McLean and Jack are 30 now, which makes me feel old. So they won't have many more campaigns in them. Armstrong is about that too. Not convinced he's had a decent game for Scotland since his debut.

Not sure what the point of my post is

See a lot of Celtic and Rangers fans saying he had a terrible game. I didn’t see any of it so not sure what to believe. But the fact he played 70 mins suggests they are probably exaggerating. They seem desperate to prove in any way he’s not good enough for either of their teams. 

7 minutes ago, slippers said:

See a lot of Celtic and Rangers fans saying he had a terrible game. I didn’t see any of it so not sure what to believe. But the fact he played 70 mins suggests they are probably exaggerating. They seem desperate to prove in any way he’s not good enough for either of their teams. 

Aye came off on 70 minutes when it was 2-0 Scotland. Funny that. 

I thought he had a decent game. Didn't do anything spectacular but I doubt he was asked to

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I'd say the pecking order would be something like this...

McGinn, Gilmour, McTominay, McGregor, Armstrong, McLean, Jack, Ferguson, Fleck...

I've probably forgotten one or two, but Ferguson would probably be lucky to even get in the second choice midfield at the moment. However, he is the youngest in the group after Gilmour so guess he has that in his favour looking to the future.

Turnbull, when fit, would probably be on that list as well

57 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Turnbull, when fit, would probably be on that list as well

Oh yeah, forgot about him. I guess he's likely around about the same place as Ferguson in the pecking order - probably more likely to get on from the bench if you're looking for someone to change a game or open up a defence.

7 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Not a bad selection of midfielders to be behind either. Fair play to him. Think the main 3 will be McGinn, Gilmour & McGregor - with McTominay on the right of the central back 3. 

McLean and Jack are 30 now, which makes me feel old. So they won't have many more campaigns in them. Armstrong is about that too. Not convinced he's had a decent game for Scotland since his debut.

Not sure what the point of my post is

It probably will be Gilmore McGinn and McGregor but mctominay should be in there. Think if he plays right centre half against a good team he will be caught out 

19 hours ago, thurso said:

It probably will be Gilmore McGinn and McGregor but mctominay should be in there. Think if he plays right centre half against a good team he will be caught out 

Agree but its another one where he's playing there because there's nobody waiting in the background to take over. Who do you play instead? There's Jack Hendry but against a good team we are nackered with him anyway, at least McTominay is good when we are in possession. Think the fact Scotland's first choice back 3 includes a left back and a central midfielder says it all about our options in the centre of defense! 

Tough een

• 4 weeks later...