In the News

Ramandu

6 minutes ago, Bebo said:

This is not a legal opinion or advice, but you can continue singing you hate Rangers.

Saying you hate huns might be a bit tricky, just depends if the court decides that the word is associated with protestantism. A Solicitor advocate recently argued that the word "hun" did not contain a religious aspect or indicate malice or ill will towards Protestant people. Appeal judges agreed.

The use of the word ‘hun’ to describe them is not an offence. Plod will have their work to do in the glasgow derby on Sunday with all the anti Catholicism that will be happening in songs and chants.

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He’s gay, he’s bent, his arse is up for rent, guess who, guess who, doesn’t seem right.

It doesn't sound the same as the proper version min.

If any such songs, which are chosen to be but are not actually are offensive or meant to be offensive, are aired at grounds around Scotland, will the BBC and Sky broadcasters resort to turning down the volume again when the likes of "The Billy Boys", "Follow, Follow", "No Surrender", and "Soldiers are We" (although they are offensive to certain sects) are being sung like they have been known to do in the past?🤔

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Bebo said:

Not unless Celtic or Rangers falls under the following characteristics.

(a)age,

(b)disability,

(c)race, colour, nationality (including citizenship), or ethnic or national origins,

(d)religion or, in the case of a social or cultural group, perceived religious affiliation,

(e)sexual orientation,

(f)transgender identity,

(g)variations in sex characteristics.

And there’s fuck all the Hun* cunts can do about it.

*by Hun of course I mean Rangers supporter regardless of age, race, religion, sexual orientation or gender. :lolrangers:

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Obviously but how do you think the legislation impacts it when the court has ruled that Hun is not a term relating to any religious group? 

(d)religion or, in the case of a social or cultural group, perceived religious affiliation,

I'd say being a rangers fan could be argued as being part of a "cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation" 

25 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

(d)religion or, in the case of a social or cultural group, perceived religious affiliation,

I'd say being a rangers fan could be argued as being part of a "cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation" 

I don't see how tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't see how tbh. 

Fair enough. Most people presume rangers and celtic fans are of differing religions though.

Only time will tell really, you can be sure there will be hundreds, if not thousands, of complaints so the laws will be tested.

13 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Fair enough. Most people presume rangers and celtic fans are of differing religions though.

I don't think most people do. I think most people assume that most people, of any footballing persuasion, don't give a fuck about religion. 

13 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Only time will tell really, you can be sure there will be hundreds, if not thousands, of complaints so the laws will be tested.

Agreed. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't think most people do. I think most people assume that most people, of any footballing persuasion, don't give a fuck about religion. 

Agreed. 

You're being deliberately obtuse Parky. 

Anyway, like I say it'll soon become clear. 

You have a first amendment right to call Huns Huns, and if it makes them sad then too fucking bad.  Call the cops, see what they can do about it. 

Well, I do, at least... so that's good :thumbup1:

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I think I've worded my closing sentence in such a way that I wouldn't fall foul of the legislation.

Well that's one of the issues, regardless of what you say or write, if someones interpretation is that you are stirring up hatred, then they can report it and the police will investigate it.

"A person commits an offence if they communicate material, or behave in a manner, "that a reasonable person would consider to be threatening or abusive," with the intention of stirring up hatred based on the protected characteristics."

You would hope that it's the "reasonable person" bit that should ensure 99.99% of claimes are dismissed, but fuck me imagine the waste of police time and resources involved.

The law came into effect yesterday and already 3000 claims of hatred have been made.

7 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Well that's one of the issues, regardless of what you say or write, if someones interpretation is that you are stirring up hatred, then they can report it and the police will investigate it.

"A person commits an offence if they communicate material, or behave in a manner, "that a reasonable person would consider to be threatening or abusive," with the intention of stirring up hatred based on the protected characteristics."

You would hope that it's the "reasonable person" bit that should ensure 99.99% of claimes are dismissed, but fuck me imagine the waste of police time and resources involved.

The law came into effect yesterday and already 3000 claims of hatred have been made.

The coppers have already said they don't have the resources to investigate stuff like burglary, so the politicians decide to add this to their workload. Every politician should be put in the stocks , absolutely clueless virtue signalling wastes of skin.

• Upvote 2