In the News

Ramandu

Police Scotland has received more than 3,000 hate crime reports since a new law was introduced on Monday, the BBC understands.

It creates a new crime of "stirring up hatred" over protected characteristics.

A large number were about a 2020 speech by First Minister Humza Yousaf - then justice secretary - highlighting white people in prominent public roles.

3 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Highly paid contractors who woo the knickers off tipsy trouts at the local bar regaling stories of their dangerous times in Iraq/Syria/Somalia etc etc.

Unfortunately it comes with a few potential hazards.

PTSD, anger, battering/murdering their partners, sexual assault, rape, and social isolation are all alleged symptoms of being in battle on behalf of GB, going by criminal court cases I have read about involving those who formerly served as soldiers, paras, etc.

24 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Police Scotland has received more than 3,000 hate crime reports since a new law was introduced on Monday, the BBC understands.

It creates a new crime of "stirring up hatred" over protected characteristics.

A large number were about a 2020 speech by First Minister Humza Yousaf - then justice secretary - highlighting white people in prominent public roles.

I'd bet 90% of the complaints were from Huns. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd bet 90% of the complaints were from Huns. 

Possibly min.

However, how do you report a "hate crime"? Is it via 101 or 999?🤔

I find the figures inarticulate, considering they have been sorted, collated, and recorded so quickly plus the recipients of the calls on behalf of the plod are still learning what actually constitutes a crime of hate.

Just now, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Possibly min.

I find the figures inarticulate, considering they have been sorted, collated, and recorded so quickly plus the recipients of the calls on behalf of the plod are still learning what actually constitutes a crime of hate.

I suspect they raise a hand at their lodge meeting. 

"Shum bad man cawd me a Hun, but, so theh dud!"

34 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

In Glasgow you can go into a friendly sex shop which has been set up as a hate crime reporting centre.

I wish I was joking but I'm not unfortunately 🤣

Just now, For Fecks Sake said:

In Glasgow you can go into a friendly sex shop which has been set up as a hate crime reporting centre.

“I was only in there to report a hate crime”

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I note the Police haven't been provided with additional resources or adequate training to deal with this new Hate Crime Grassline Law. The Police Fed head saying something along the lines of them being given a 90 minute training video to prepare them for this.

Not ideal, particularly since ScotGov have had years to get this sort of stuff in place.

24 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Fucking hell!😄😄

I wonder what the sex retail trade and alleged hate crime have in common?🤔

Picture the scene at the sex shop..

"I'm in to buy a (cough) vibrator. My man called me a frigid old cow last night (fake sobbing), so he's nae getting ony sex fae me from now on."

"Aww, madam. Here's our inventory of vibrators, catering for all desired shapes, lengths, and sizes."

"I'll have that one there, thank you. That should suffice.:

"By the way, madam, under new legislation you are not allowed to be addressed in that manner under any circumstances. How dare he. Please feel free to use our phone for exclusive use to report such acts of unacceptable hatred in the back store."

"Your vibrator will be discreetly packaged for you whilst you are on the phone. Before you go to use the phone, do you require any batteries?"

8 hours ago, sigh said:

How do you get in to this stuff? As in, fit drives someone to participate in it - fits the trauma background? 

better off just drinking or drugging yourself into oblivion. Even gambling. Or prostitution. There’s loads of decently indecent behaviour that doesn’t have to involve paying the 3rd world to do weird shit

• Upvote 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68730246

"Nato boss Jens Stoltenberg has floated plans for a 100 billion euro (£86bn), five-year package of military aid to Ukraine, with the aim of finalising a package in time for the next summit in Washington in July.

The move is aimed at allaying concerns around the outcome of the US election in November, with candidate Donald Trump suggesting the US could cut support, and claiming some Nato members were not paying their way."

clambering to get public money into the war machine before big bad nuclear killer rapist trump comes in. 

funny that