9 hours ago, Glass half full said:

Scales passing of the ball is hopeless. At times he defends well , but he’s not worth bursting the bank for.

I think he’s quite erratic at times. Like he doesn’t know himself what he’s going to do ‘blagging it’ I believe is a term for it 🤣 fake it til you make it.

He can be great with safe/reliable head/s alongside him but (as we seen when Stewart/McCrorie were his partners) he can be just as much a liability as any when asked a question of him. 
Priority is trying to get Pollock back (or similar/better) to partner MacDonald before spunking a wad on Scales. With two very solid CH’s we can get by with a ‘Scales’ relatively well. 

Scales is the third best of our current 3 CH’s & it’s a toss up between him & McCrorie for 3rd best ‘defender’ in general 

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I think he’s quite erratic at times. Like he doesn’t know himself what he’s going to do ‘blagging it’ I believe is a term for it 🤣 fake it til you make it.

He can be great with safe/reliable head/s alongside him but (as we seen when Stewart/McCrorie were his partners) he can be just as much a liability as any when asked a question of him. 
Priority is trying to get Pollock back (or similar/better) to partner MacDonald before spunking a wad on Scales. With two very solid CH’s we can get by with a ‘Scales’ relatively well. 

Scales is the third best of our current 3 CH’s & it’s a toss up between him & McCrorie for 3rd best ‘defender’ in general 

My "understanding" is Pollock has also been spoken with but they are more optimistic with the Clarkson talks to date.

I'm not in anyway trying to say or pass myself off as an "ITK" person. Just a wee snippet I was told by someone who has previously been spot on.

Back to Scales - my position hasn't changed. He's decent and I would take him if he is the number one target that Robson wants, I just feel we could identify a better player in the European market should we desire.

• 1 month later...

The Dons were prepared to buy Scales at the end of last season but Celtic were looking for a significant increase on the six figure fee they paid Shamrock Rovers to get him. A loan now looks the most likely option.”
From Scott burns latest daily record article.

Celtic really are arses, asking for a higher fee than they paid on someone who is their 6th choice centre back. Just standing in the way of the boys career.

6 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

The Dons were prepared to buy Scales at the end of last season but Celtic were looking for a significant increase on the six figure fee they paid Shamrock Rovers to get him. A loan now looks the most likely option.”
From Scott burns latest daily record article.

Celtic really are arses, asking for a higher fee than they paid on someone who is their 6th choice centre back. Just standing in the way of the boys career.

We’ve given him games to up his value for them. They will get a fee of more than they paid for him for that reason alone (maybe not from us but someone) why would they sell him for same fee (or less) that they paid after we’ve increased his value?

If we had got him from them for the fee they paid for him last summer & then had that one season out of him. We would expect a fee better than we spent to sell him 🤷

Thats business. Just because he’ll never get games for them doesn’t mean they are forced to sell him at a loss

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We’ve given him games to up his value for them. They will get a fee of more than they paid for him for that reason alone (maybe not from us but someone) why would they sell him for same fee (or less) that they paid after we’ve increased his value?

If we had got him from them for the fee they paid for him last summer & then had that one season out of him. We would expect a fee better than we spent to sell him 🤷

Thats business. Just because he’ll never get games for them doesn’t mean they are forced to sell him at a loss

Will they? Why haven’t they already then?

Can’t see clubs queuing up to pay a million quid or whatever it is the tim bastards are expecting for him. He was hardly a standout for us.

The club should do a Rangers on this one and walk away… we were obviously prepared to spend a significant fee on Scales, if our recruitment team are any good then we should be able to find someone better (shouldn’t be that hard) that we can buy or loan from a non Scottish team if necessary and who’ll be able to play against Celtic. Let’s not admit defeat to them before a ball is kicked.

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Have we increased his value beyond 500k though? Nope, he had a strong end to the season but remember the hearts and Hibs games in January , he was all over the place and folk were wanting shot of him. His value is less than 500k, probably around half of that.

We're now 12 days short of the season starting. As things stand, we know one of our 2 "first pick" centre halves (MacDonald) is highly likely to miss that match although might be ready for the following week v Celtic. Our other one (Williams) there's no official confirmation of but if rumours are to be believed, could be out for considerably longer.

We also know that the back up options we have just aren't good enough, notwithstanding the fact that they're really not centre halves anyway, but really a right back, left back and a converted midfielder.

Celtic are fucking us around with Scales. He'd be ok at £250k but if they really want a higher fee I don't think he's worth it. And fuck taking him on loan for another year. Hopefully we have a back up option signing in mind, I'd give it till Thursday at the latest and if he's not in the door by then, we should abandon him and move on to the back-up. I'd give the Serbian boy slightly longer, but wouldn't let him fuck us around as Teklic seemed to do. I could just about live with having to play Devlin as an emergency CH for the Livi match only, but we really should have 2 more CH's in the door by the time we play Celtic (even if one has to be an emergency loan for 3-6 months.......not ideal but better than nothing)

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We're now 12 days short of the season starting. As things stand, we know one of our 2 "first pick" centre halves (MacDonald) is highly likely to miss that match although might be ready for the following week v Celtic. Our other one (Williams) there's no official confirmation of but if rumours are to be believed, could be out for considerably longer.

We also know that the back up options we have just aren't good enough, notwithstanding the fact that they're really not centre halves anyway, but really a right back, left back and a converted midfielder.

Celtic are fucking us around with Scales. He'd be ok at £250k but if they really want a higher fee I don't think he's worth it. And fuck taking him on loan for another year. Hopefully we have a back up option signing in mind, I'd give it till Thursday at the latest and if he's not in the door by then, we should abandon him and move on to the back-up. I'd give the Serbian boy slightly longer, but wouldn't let him fuck us around as Teklic seemed to do. I could just about live with having to play Devlin as an emergency CH for the Livi match only, but we really should have 2 more CH's in the door by the time we play Celtic (even if one has to be an emergency loan for 3-6 months.......not ideal but better than nothing)

How are Celtic fucking us around?  They set their price last season when we tried to buy him, not much has shifted since then on their part, we know this and have known it for a long time now, if anything it's us fucking about.

• Upvote 4