1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

Usual negative pish from the dildo gang.

He's a defender. His main objective is to defend. We've only lost one goal in last 4 games (which was a pen). I'd say he's doing what he's being asked to, not agree?

If he baloons a cross or two, then so be it. It means he's up the park and we're pressuring the opponents.

Like the recent rhetoric where the dildo gang were bemoaning a hard fought 1-0 win away from home, we should be cognisant of the previous 'defending' we've witnessed and thankful that Robson has got the players delivering on their main objectives.

Scales is a decent defender. A damn sight better than Coulson or Mackenzie in the current left centre back position he's fulfilling. To say he's pish, crap or whatever dildo phrase you want, is bonkers.

7 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

No, and of the two he didn't play in (suspension or not being able to play), we conceded. You could actually say that the 4 at the back v Utd, we actually looked a bit shakey. Since he came back and we reverted to a back 3, we looked much more solid. My point stands.... when played alongside Pollock and McDonald, we looked pretty solid and allows our wide players to press.

You're all over the place here...

Glad we didn’t have an option to buy this guy in January. 
Would have been as big a waste of money as on Richardson.

If Celtic get the fee they paid for him they will be doing well. Just hope we’re not the team they mug off for it.

Maybe another loan to JG to replace Mulgrew at Jutes if JG is still there next summer

On 4/3/2023 at 6:57 AM, muttonhumper said:

Would prefer to keep him.

Useful player, and doing fine under Robson.

Agree with baulking at paying a fee, or a substantial one anyway, as alluded to above.

This.

I'm not against him staying as I feel he started the season well. Like everyone else his game went to shit but he's recovered well.

But if he's to stay it should be on our terms and a price that suits us. Otherwise I'd be looking at other options.

Seems @southstander isn't a big fan of Scales seeing as you've dildo'd me raw over the last couple of pages of this thread. I'm trying to place you from the dim and distant past. I'm sure I used to know you're real life persona from the mailing list or maybe from other fan engagement groups. Always use to think you were a decent character but now, what with your strap on dildo technique, I'm beginning to think you're maybe as unhinged as some of the others on here. Ach well.... opinions, aresholes etc etc.

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

Seems @southstander isn't a big fan of Scales seeing as you've dildo'd me raw over the last couple of pages of this thread. I'm trying to place you from the dim and distant past. I'm sure I used to know you're real life persona from the mailing list or maybe from other fan engagement groups. Always use to think you were a decent character but now, what with your strap on dildo technique, I'm beginning to think you're maybe as unhinged as some of the others on here. Ach well.... opinions, aresholes etc etc.

I don't think you're shy about handing out the dildos yourself min. 

People in glass houses etc

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think you're shy about handing out the dildos yourself min. 

People in glass houses etc

No, but it tends to be to folk who are being dicks to me. Hence why the entire thing is just petty. I tended to dildo the original group of guys who were in the ABB gang (anyone but Barry). Don't just do it for one person for every single post they make (a wee bit bunny boileresque that).

Personally, I don't think Scales is as bad as some people make out. He had some good games at the start of the season, and actually offers something in an attacking sense, what with the occasional marauding run up the park. I imagine his confidence is shot to shit right now, following the debacle our post-Christmas form. However, I broadly think there's a decent player there. 

6 minutes ago, Gilwern said:

Personally, I don't think Scales is as bad as some people make out. He had some good games at the start of the season, and actually offers something in an attacking sense, what with the occasional marauding run up the park. I imagine his confidence is shot to shit right now, following the debacle our post-Christmas form. However, I broadly think there's a decent player there. 

For the money Celtic want for him, better can be found.  

4 minutes ago, Gilwern said:

Yeah it's 1 of those id take on a free but not for a substantial fee. I guess it depends who we have on our shortlist. For the wages he would command id like to think we could find someone better or at very least more consistent. 

Out of all the loans we have the 1s id like to keep are Gorter, Clarkson, Pollok, Shinnie and would image we will trigger Mysolvic if he gets a run as the club are very impressed with him. Hopefully he can do it in games.

3 hours ago, jamiesd said:

For the money Celtic want for him, better can be found.  

Do we know how much they want for him?

Sums were mooted at the start of the season, not sure if there was any substance in them?

After most part of a season now, would that even be the same, whatever it was?

What was it?

6 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Do we know how much they want for him?

Sums were mooted at the start of the season, not sure if there was any substance in them?

After most part of a season now, would that even be the same, whatever it was?

What was it?

Think it was half a million chief.  I personally think hes average but a better option than young Mackenzie marginally.

2 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Think it was half a million chief.  I personally think hes average but a better option than young Mackenzie marginally.

Aye, that does seem to ring a bell.

Given what we've seen, seems a bit much.

But then when you put that up against what we coughed up for Richardson and Stewart...  :hypno:

19 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye, that does seem to ring a bell.

Given what we've seen, seems a bit much.

But then when you put that up against what we coughed up for Richardson and Stewart...  :hypno:

I Still have a bit of hope for Richardson i think he could maybe be handy on the wing.  Stewart on the other hand.....i dont think Scales is any better than him

11 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

I Still have a bit of hope for Richardson i think he could maybe be handy on the wing.  Stewart on the other hand.....i dont think Scales is any better than him

Agreed.

Richardson would be decent with a solid back two and defensive cover in mid-field, both of which we've got now.

Problem is we don't have any penalty box strikers to get on the end of a cross.

Morris would also be alright if he had a Rooney-like striker to compliment him.

Scales just looks like he's been cut adrift by the 30th minute of most games.

Doesn't have the concentration nor awareness. 

1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

Richardson,Stewart,Morris 

Get rid.

I'd be lying if I said I completely disagreed with you on this.

Can't see any takers for Richardson or Morris but bigger than that, if we fail to develop them into at least first team fringe players, it will hurt us later when we try to sign prospects - other clubs agents will point this out to young UK-based players.

Stewart probably doesn't want to come back? However, as we not guaranteed Pollock and MacDonald next season, we may need him similar to Bates at the start of this season.

• Upvote 1