1 hour ago, Willo flood said:

Probably one of his best performances in an Aberdeen shirt today. Not playing alongside Anthony Stewart probably helps a lot tbf

If we're all being totally honest with each other, not one player under Goodwin, could be said to have shown their true potential. We shouldn't lay too much blame at thier feet. The overall atmosphere must have been rank rotten. Training, pre-game analysis, tactics, half time team talk, post match analysis etc etc etc. The man was completely out of his depth at AFC and the majority sussed out some time before the infamous 'bad week', that he wasn't gonna cut the mustard.

Looking back at the painful attempts to harness a working defence each week, was like continually bashing your head off a brick wall. Don't blame Scales.... everyone was made to look complete pish (other than Duk perhaps).

5 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

If we're all being totally honest with each other, not one player under Goodwin, could be said to have shown their true potential. We shouldn't lay too much blame at thier feet. The overall atmosphere must have been rank rotten. Training, pre-game analysis, tactics, half time team talk, post match analysis etc etc etc. The man was completely out of his depth at AFC and the majority sussed out some time before the infamous 'bad week', that he wasn't gonna cut the mustard.

Looking back at the painful attempts to harness a working defence each week, was like continually bashing your head off a brick wall. Don't blame Scales.... everyone was made to look complete pish (other than Duk perhaps).

Obviously

Playing against someone other then Stewart (who is complete shite regardless of the manager) has definitely helped him though 

23 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

It was quite the opposite really. Goodwin seemed to have an uncanny knack of killing any kind of decent form/confidence in a few players when they started to show any signs of it 

I was not a fan of Scales after the initial 6 - 8 week honeymoon period where his form seriously dipped or perhaps better described as fell off a cliff.

He has made me change my mind and eat my words lately now that he is playing in a settled formation with better quality players around him. I would potentially sign him but wouldn't be paying much more than £250-£300k in all honesty. 

1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

I was not a fan of Scales after the initial 6 - 8 week honeymoon period where his form seriously dipped or perhaps better described as fell off a cliff.

He has made me change my mind and eat my words lately now that he is playing in a settled formation with better quality players around him. I would potentially sign him but wouldn't be paying much more than £250-£300k in all honesty. 

What about £325k?

24 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

Here is a question for you all.

How would Stewart be in a Robson team?

I'm sure most of the blame for the defensive issues are from Goodwin tactics and mismanagement 

Getting rid of Vinny on loan could be another.

The fact that Robson shipped him out toot sweet tells you all you need to know.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

Here is a question for you all.

How would Stewart be in a Robson team?

I'm sure most of the blame for the defensive issues are from Goodwin tactics and mismanagement 

Getting rid of Vinny on loan could be another.

Well we dont try to pass the ball around our own box anymore so he wouldnt be having that absolute calamity per minute

16 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Well we dont try to pass the ball around our own box anymore so he wouldnt be having that absolute calamity per minute

Some of his high profile errors weren't directly related to passing it out though, for example his ridiculous challenge in the semi final. 

I think he would fare better under Robson but he also seemed to embody the absolute disaster that was the Goodwin era. Given he was captain as well, it was a no brainer to get rid.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

If we’re getting £2m for McCrorie, then I’d happily give the Tims a quarter of that for Scales.

I'd still be trying to get him for free

He's got no future at Parkhead, we should offer to take over his contract and see if they bite. 

• Upvote 1