Bojan Miovski

8 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

5 million for Mio sounds good to me, and I'm sure someone willing to spend 4 could be persuaded to part with 5. 

It's not like he's Marco Van Basten... he's scoring because the team is creating opportunities that we weren't creating last year. We're a selling team, he's a sellable asset, and 5 million quid is very fucking acceptable. 

We are gambling on these guys so we can sell them on for big profits, right? I mean, that's the model we're going with? 

So, there we go... 

How's the weather in Atlanta, Dave? 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

5 million for Mio sounds good to me, and I'm sure someone willing to spend 4 could be persuaded to part with 5. 

It's not like he's Marco Van Basten... he's scoring because the team is creating opportunities that we weren't creating last year. We're a selling team, he's a sellable asset, and 5 million quid is very fucking acceptable. 

We are gambling on these guys so we can sell them on for big profits, right? I mean, that's the model we're going with? 

So, there we go... 

I would like to get 3rd place in bag & the ‘most likely’ guaranteed group stage European football next season before we have to start selling as per the plan but will be hard to refuse that kind of money in reality. 

There’s no way we’d turn down £4-5m for a guy we’ve had for 6 months and would be making a £3-4m profit on. That’s the new business model, we’ll have to get used to. Or get used to signing players that nobody else wants…

That kind of money would let us replace Miovski and bring in a better defender or 2, and the team overall would be better for it.

47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If you look back at Ramirez 's goals most of them were from crosses or cut backs. 

Because that was our strategy. We created chances that way. 

Glass' 433 was designed to get overloads wide so we could create those types of chances. Ramirez's best spell came at the same time as Ramsay's initial purple patch.  He never found it as easy to get goals after that. 

Yeah. When our whole team was shite, not making chances and not scoring, Ramirez struggled. 

With the 352 it's harder to get the overloads wide as you only have one notional wide player on each side through the wing backs. You'll still get crosses in but most of the time they'll be from  deeper positions. 

The two forwards we have just now can play on the shoulder and give the team the option to play through balls or balls over the top behind the defences and get defenders turned, something Ramirez isn't equipped to do. They're also more mobile and can effect the press better. 

He's such a similar striker to Miovski. Miovski is better. He's better dropping deep but there's nothing the suggest that Duk and CR9 wouldn't work as a duo in the system we're playing. 

None of this is a knock on Ramirez but the system is working (at home, anyway) to a large part because of the attributes those guys have got. 

Ramirez has similar attributes to Miovski. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 3
8 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

There’s no way we’d turn down £4-5m for a guy we’ve had for 6 months and would be making a £3-4m profit on. That’s the new business model, we’ll have to get used to. Or get used to signing players that nobody else wants…

That kind of money would let us replace Miovski and bring in a better defender or 2, and the team overall would be better for it.

Agree with that.

13 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Go a long way to covering for the cash blown on the Glass shambles. Both in all the £ he wasted on shite players/wages & the £ spent in trying to repair that damage. 

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's true though. I get you don't like him but CR9 in a team like the one we have now, that creates chances and plays attacking football, will score goals. 

Miovski is better and I'd rather have him but the argument of "strikers in January are expensive and might not hit the ground running", is a bit daft given our substitute #9. 

I don’t think he works near as hard. 

I’d not sell Miovski in January under any circumstance. Summer is the time for moves like that. 

Selling Miovski in January should be a big old no no UNLESS we receive a ridiculous offer (ie northwards of £5million)

However if an offer does come in, it will probably unsettle him. If it's in the "reasonable" category (I'd say £3m plus add ons) then I'd tell that club, and Miovski, to come back in the summer and we'll talk more. 

Unfortunately we have a new stadium to pay for, whenever it finally gets built, and selling players for whacking great profits is what is going to help pay for it.

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Hiw about we just dinna sell out best players?!

Unless its a ridiculous offer. (Nae 4-5 mill)

Then they wind down their contracts and fuck off for a pittance, worked well in the McInnes/Milne era.

Anyways I don't think the French side have watched him, however a few English sides have and an Italian side.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

We got pretty much hosed in Europe. But still brought in 6m, taking off the 2m costs, we made 4m.

You'd be giving up the fight for 3rd to sell your best player in January.

Newsflash Skins clubs like Aberdeen and Hearts will always lose their best players especially if multi million pound offers arrive. We got £4.5m for Ramsay in the summer with add ons a potential £8m fee. We got £3m for Ferguson. There will be sell on fees on top. It happens. It will continue to happen. Hopefully we keep Miovski for at least the full season but he's young, his country's top striker and will want to play at a higher level (as will all the players at Hearts who aren't at the end of their career). Plus losing Miovski wouldn't automatically rule us out of competing for top 3 many would say he isn't our best player and the money would potentially allow us to strengthen in other areas. We have other proven goal scorers on our books and we would obviously replace him with someone else.

Welcome to the reality of Scottish football. 

Fuck selling him in January. I know we are a selling club, but more than 4-5 months surely. 
At least wait until the season is done. 
Agreed that he might get injured or lose form. But he could also get better as him and Duk have had just a few games together. 
£4-5m is a lot, but after the money we have raked in recently it’s not as if we are completely skint 

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

We got pretty much hosed in Europe. But still brought in 6m, taking off the 2m costs, we made 4m.

You'd be giving up the fight for 3rd to sell your best player in January.

Ah the Jambo returns.

That 4 million is shite compared to Ramsay/Ferguson sales income. Guess what, even with those sales last summer we are still above your shitey Hun retirement home mob in the league.

Imagine cheering Andy Halliday 😆

• Haha 1

Appreciate it’s the model we’re working with now. Buying ‘potential’ and hoping to turn a profit on them over time. I don’t doubt some clubs are monitoring the likes of Miovski, purely due to his goal return but might want to assess his progress a bit longer before making any serious offer. I can’t see us parting with our top scorer mid-season unless someone comes in with a figure we simply can’t turn down.

I guess it’ll boil down to what Bojan’s own aspirations are. Maybe he sees us as a stepping stone to the English leagues and would entertain a move so soon should a championship side show interest? Maybe he wants to build a reputation in our league and gain European experience to enhance his value first?

He is on I believe a four year deal with us so we absolutely hold all the aces on this one.  I wouldn’t be selling him for less than £7m and I don’t believe we will either.  He is young, and any club buying will amortise the fee over the number of years contract and consider any future sell on.  Let’s say he sells for £6m, amortised over 4 years and a future sell fee of £10m.   Essentially the buying club pays £1.5m a year to make profit of £4m minus wages and get a great player for four years.     Absolutely we should either only sell on condition of a loan back until the end of the season (and hopefully achieve European qualification and monies) or be holding out for +£7m.    Look at what championship clubs are paying, our track record with Ramsey and Ferguson is good.   We sell on our terms and at our discretion only.  

2 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

Newsflash Skins clubs like Aberdeen and Hearts will always lose their best players especially if multi million pound offers arrive. We got £4.5m for Ramsay in the summer with add ons a potential £8m fee. We got £3m for Ferguson. There will be sell on fees on top. It happens. It will continue to happen. Hopefully we keep Miovski for at least the full season but he's young, his country's top striker and will want to play at a higher level (as will all the players at Hearts who aren't at the end of their career). Plus losing Miovski wouldn't automatically rule us out of competing for top 3 many would say he isn't our best player and the money would potentially allow us to strengthen in other areas. We have other proven goal scorers on our books and we would obviously replace him with someone else.

Welcome to the reality of Scottish football. 

That’s the problem, would they replace him with a better player. 

13 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

I'd say that's about bang on. If an offer comes in over £4m he'll be away. Strikers can lose form and lose value pretty easily and quickly, they can pick up an injury and never recover - a big money bid would surely be accepted while we can get it. That kind of money would allow us to sign Scales permanently and bring in another defender and the "next Miovski". 

Not that I'm hoping for him to go, just saying it's pretty much a win win. I'd be very surprised if teams aren't taking notice of Duk already as well.