Bojan Miovski

5 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

It’s not, you sell when they are performing. Sam has scored 8 since he left. Bojan could stay another year and a bit score more and we get more but also he could get injured and we get nothing. The balancing act is the same imo

There's a bigger picture though. 

Do you sell your striker in January if you're in the hunt for guaranteed European group football?  That's probably worth £4m alone. 

You've got to balance the risk and sell at the right time for the club, which isn't always when you get the first offer. Lots of things to take into consideration re timing. 

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you sell your striker in January if you're in the hunt for guaranteed European group football?  That's probably worth £4m alone. 

You've got to balance the risk and sell at the right time for the club, which isn't always when you get the first offer. Lots of things to take into consideration re timing. 

We need to keep him until at least the summer.
His value isn’t going to drop with the length of contract he has. 

Try & get 3rd (& the guaranteed £4m European money) & see what, if any, offers come in the summer.   

Turning £500k into say £5m in 12 months would be good going. 
£3m in the bank & re-invest in 2 or 3 positions. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We need to keep him until at least the summer.
His value isn’t going to drop with the length of contract he has

Correct 

Selling your leading scorer in January is an act for the desperate and the foolish. 

We know first hand how difficult it is to get strikers in the January window who can come in and hit the ground running 

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don’t think we would sell in January as the summer offer would likely be the same ( as long as he’s not injured)

I'd be thinking Miovski stays for 2 years given he signed a 4 year deal. Would take an insane profit (take off our outlay and take off Budapest sell on) for us to consider moving him after 6 or 12 months.

Been very hopeful since he was first linked that he would prove to be a huge success.

Not often we are signing a 22/23 yr old international that is just emerging as his countries top attacker.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't want to lose him so quickly. He's been excellent so far and has potential to get 25+ this season. 

If the fee of €4 million is anywhere near right though it'll be hard for the club to turn down. They signed him specifically to develop him, let him show what he can do and sell him on to a richer club for a profit. 

When selling the club to him I'm sure that's exactly what Miovski was told, with Ferguson and Ramsay being used as examples to show him we'll develop and sell players on. If we get a very big offer and Miovski wants to go, I wouldn't want to risk keeping an unhappy player. His performances would likely suffer, giving us less on the pitch and his value will fall. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Some of you boys are more interested in the money than the football these days.  

You also assume that every replacement will be better than the player sold. And that we should sell anything not nailed down first time someone flashes their wallet. 

How much patience would you have of Miovski's replacement didn't hit the ground running?  You'd be chasing Goodwin after about a fortnight. 

I never said I’d sell him. But their comes a point that it makes sense too. 

Didn’t say anywhere I expect the replacement to be better. But it would be easier to replace Bojan than Duk in my opinion.

Patience would depend on money spent on player. If we as a club spend 500-1m on a replacement you would expect him to start scoring relatively quickly. 

40 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Wouldn't want to lose him so quickly. He's been excellent so far and has potential to get 25+ this season. 

If the fee of €4 million is anywhere near right though it'll be hard for the club to turn down. They signed him specifically to develop him, let him show what he can do and sell him on to a richer club for a profit. 

When selling the club to him I'm sure that's exactly what Miovski was told, with Ferguson and Ramsay being used as examples to show him we'll develop and sell players on. If we get a very big offer and Miovski wants to go, I wouldn't want to risk keeping an unhappy player. His performances would likely suffer, giving us less on the pitch and his value will fall. 

€4million wouldnt be that hard to turn down when you factor in £535k outlay and a 10% or 20% sell on fee.

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Please, I can’t be arsed. 

It's true though. I get you don't like him but CR9 in a team like the one we have now, that creates chances and plays attacking football, will score goals. 

Miovski is better and I'd rather have him but the argument of "strikers in January are expensive and might not hit the ground running", is a bit daft given our substitute #9. 

We'd have to change our style of play if we started Ramirez.  One of the reasons we are playing this formation and system is because of the two strikers we have and their respective attributes. It's not just because we have shit defenders. 

Hence why Watkins tends to get on as a sub ahead of him in most games, I guess, as he runs about a bit more and can press better than Ramirez. 

But at least one of those two might  move on in January if they get offered something half decent seeing as they're both ooc end of the season so they might not be an option second half of the season anyway. 

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Why? Ramirez is pretty similar in style to Miovski. 

If you look back at Ramirez 's goals most of them were from crosses or cut backs. 

Glass' 433 was designed to get overloads wide so we could create those types of chances. Ramirez's best spell came at the same time as Ramsay's initial purple patch.  He never found it as easy to get goals after that. 

With the 352 it's harder to get the overloads wide as you only have one notional wide player on each side through the wing backs. You'll still get crosses in but most of the time they'll be from  deeper positions. 

The two forwards we have just now can play on the shoulder and give the team the option to play through balls or balls over the top behind the defences and get defenders turned, something Ramirez isn't equipped to do. They're also more mobile and can effect the press better. 

None of this is a knock on Ramirez but the system is working (at home, anyway) to a large part because of the attributes those guys have got. 

5 million for Mio sounds good to me, and I'm sure someone willing to spend 4 could be persuaded to part with 5. 

It's not like he's Marco Van Basten... he's scoring because the team is creating opportunities that we weren't creating last year. We're a selling team, he's a sellable asset, and 5 million quid is very fucking acceptable. 

We are gambling on these guys so we can sell them on for big profits, right? I mean, that's the model we're going with? 

So, there we go...