Bojan Miovski

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yeah that was sublime

I want to absolutely love him and believe him to be a massive cut above the rest but  just still not sure!

Not sure he’s a cut above the rest, we have some good players. He won us that game with the best bit of play of the match though. 

I’m more on about you calling him a loser, weak etc. I can’t remember the exact quote but it was along them lines. Surely taking a massive penalty in a huge game like that answers that criticism? 

23 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Not sure he’s a cut above the rest, we have some good players. He won us that game with the best bit of play of the match though. 

I’m more on about you calling him a loser, weak etc. I can’t remember the exact quote but it was along them lines. Surely taking a massive penalty in a huge game like that answers that criticism? 

Not really, no

He needs to do it consistently 

Probably could draw comparisons with Cosgrove and Bojan.  Both score a lot of penalties but for me Bojan has more about him and a higher ceiling. He’s going to have his off games but if he nets 20-25 times this season he’s had a tremendous season. Hopefully we can keep both Duk and Bojan for another season or 2. Feels a little like our players may be getting tracked that little bit more than they were 5-10 years ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
49 minutes ago, slippers said:

Probably could draw comparisons with Cosgrove and Bojan.  Both score a lot of penalties but for me Bojan has more about him and a higher ceiling. He’s going to have his off games but if he nets 20-25 times this season he’s had a tremendous season. Hopefully we can keep both Duk and Bojan for another season or 2. Feels a little like our players may be getting tracked that little bit more than they were 5-10 years ago. 

There's very, very little to compare cosgrove and Miovski with

Bloody hell, some of the stuff said on here is properly mental

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Apart from work rate, goals, work off the ball, attitude, susceptibility to injury, sell on value, skill level, heading ability, prowess in the air, shots on target ratio to actual shots, movement and positioning you’re correct. 

Work rate? Skill level? Movement? Positioning? Really? REALLY?

They're just the ones that are indisputably stupid

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
2 hours ago, slippers said:

Ridiculous comparison.

Bojan is miles better in every facet of the game.

We were very, very fortunate to get the money we did for Cosgrove who is a lower league English journeyman.

• Upvote 2

Surely we don't want to sell him this quickly? 

I know the model is to make money on players but you'd want to get around 2 years out of a 4 year contract before you sell.

Otherwise you'd never build a team, you'd be chopping and changing before you ever got anything going.  You'd want to get a performance upside as well as a financial one. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I know the model is to make money on players but you'd want to get around 2 years out of a 4 year contract before you sell.

Otherwise you'd never build a team, you'd be chopping and changing before you ever got anything going.  You'd want to get a performance upside as well as a financial one. 

4m?

Take it

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cosgrove is proof about selling at the right time/quick. Still can’t believe Birmingham paid £2 million and have got nothing out of him.

58 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The model is about statistics. As soon as hes outperforming those its time to sell even if its only 6 months down the line. That is when we will find out how good our recruitment is. 4m if true is a hell of a return for 6 months. Duk would be way harder to replace than Bojan. Duk could go for mega money if we get 4m for Bojan. Hopefully we can keep them a while longer and they continue to perform at a high level.

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Which is a completely different scenario to a guy who's been here 4 months. 

It’s not, you sell when they are performing. Sam has scored 8 since he left. Bojan could stay another year and a bit score more and we get more but also he could get injured and we get nothing. The balancing act is the same imo

Just now, slippers said:

The model is about statistics. As soon as hes outperforming those its time to sell even if its only 6 months down the line. That is when we will find out how good our recruitment is. 4m if true is a hell of a return for 6 months. 

Some of you boys are more interested in the money than the football these days.  

You also assume that every replacement will be better than the player sold. And that we should sell anything not nailed down first time someone flashes their wallet. 

How much patience would you have of Miovski's replacement didn't hit the ground running?  You'd be chasing Goodwin after about a fortnight.