Bojan Miovski

12 hours ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Keep him until the summer so we qualify for Europe then sell him.

Keep Miovski until at least the summer, qualify for Europe again, and then offer him an extension to his existing contract.

Absolutely no rush at all to sell him.

I couldn't give a fuck if that is the so-called reality that some submit to. To be a successful team, you keep your best players. End of. Why should we be any different?

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Keep Miovski until at least the summer, qualify for Europe again, and then offer him an extension to his existing contract.

Absolutely no rush at all to sell him.

I couldn't give a fuck if that is the so-called reality that some submit to. To be a successful team, you keep your best players. End of. Why should we be any different?

Keep him until Summer 24 before signing him, get 100 games out of him.

55 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Keep him until Summer 24 before signing him, get 100 games out of him.

Spot on. 

We are trying to build a team that can eventually challenge for every domestic trophy. No requirement at all to break it up so soon.

If we cut out the calamitous defending and weak mentality away from home there is a very good possibility we could finish second. 

I would far sooner we have a successful team and have players of the class of Miovski on our books than fretting about the potential money we may get for him via a transfer fee. Fuck me, he's barely played 20 games for us 

There would be no point of Aberdeen Football Club if that was the case.

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

We are trying to build a team that can eventually challenge for every domestic trophy. No requirement at all to break it up so soon.

You don't really think we have an aim of challenging for the title do you? I'm not saying its not what we'd all want but it certainly won't be the clubs aim anytime soon. No club outwith the Glasgow scum will likely ever win the title again in any of our lifetimes (unless they bugger off to some other league).

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

You don't really think we have an aim of challenging for the title do you? I'm not saying its not what we'd all want but it certainly won't be the clubs aim anytime soon. No club outwith the Glasgow scum will likely ever win the title again in any of our lifetimes (unless they bugger off to some other league).

People said that about Leicester 

4 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

People said that about Leicester 

Leicester was a unique event, but they still had a squad that cost £54 million to assemble and had 19 players on over £20k a week. In the season they won they spent a quarter of what Man City spent on transfer fees and half of what Liverpool spent. The equivalent for us to be as close financially to the old firm would mean us spending £6-12 million a year on transfer fees, not going to happen unless we get some moneybags benefactor with very deep pockets.

9 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Leicester was a unique event, but they still had a squad that cost £54 million to assemble and had 19 players on over £20k a week. In the season they won they spent a quarter of what Man City spent on transfer fees and half of what Liverpool spent. The equivalent for us to be as close financially to the old firm would mean us spending £6-12 million a year on transfer fees, not going to happen unless we get some moneybags benefactor with very deep pockets.

But dreaming is all about being a Don’s fan

56 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

With all due respect to you loon, what's the point of having a football club if you've no ambition, other than settle to be second or third best?

When George Yule was vice-chairman, one of the first things he said, when in the role, was what's the point if your main ambition is to be in the "top six", third or second best? 

Never truer words said.

Last season, we showed we can go toe-to-toe with both of the repugnant scum, on any given match day, with arguably a far poorer squad of players, so there is no reason to think we can't progress, if our mentality is right, as the ability is there.

6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

With all due respect to you loon, what's the point of having a football club if you've no ambition, other than settle to be second or third best?

When George Yule was vice-chairman, one of the first things he said, when in the role, was what's the point if your main ambition is to be in the "top six", third or second best? 

Never truer words said.

Last season, we showed we can go toe-to-toe with both of the repugnant scum, on any given match day, with arguably a far poorer squad of players, so there is no reason to think we can't progress, if our mentality is right, as the ability is there.

Ambition is great... its not reality though. We'd all love to see us challenging for titles again, the way Scottish football is its just never going to happen unless they leave. The financial disparity between them and the rest is too big. I'm pretty sure Celtic spent more on trasnfers this summer than we have in our entire history. Look at the gap at the top already, 15 games played and we're in 3rd and 17 points behind Celtic. At this rate we'll finish the season over 40 points behind them, thats not a gab we're going to overturn anytime in the foreseeable future.

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Ambition is great... its not reality though. We'd all love to see us challenging for titles again, the way Scottish football is its just never going to happen unless they leave. The financial disparity between them and the rest is too big. I'm pretty sure Celtic spent more on trasnfers this summer than we have in our entire history. Look at the gap at the top already, 15 games played and we're in 3rd and 17 points behind Celtic. At this rate we'll finish the season over 40 points behind them, thats not a gab we're going to overturn anytime in the foreseeable future.

We have a few gifted players in our squad though that may have something to say about that.😄

3 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

WHS where are the assets for selling? You have none 

You're right. Well. Except for the three world cup players Devlin, Rowles and Atkinson. And the two best left backs in Scotland outside Glasgow, Kingsley and Cochrane. And the best sweeper in Scotland in Halkett. The most improving centre half in Scotland in Sibbick. The best MF in Scotland outside Glasgow in Beningime. And Barry McKay who was the best attacking midfielder in Scotland last season outside Glasgow.

Now you go. I'll start you off. You've got Shayden Morris til May 2026....

• Haha 3
  • Dildo 15
6 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You're right. Well. Except for the three world cup players Devlin, Rowles and Atkinson. And the two best left backs in Scotland outside Glasgow, Kingsley and Cochrane. And the best sweeper in Scotland in Halkett. The most improving centre half in Scotland in Sibbick. The best MF in Scotland outside Glasgow in Beningime. And Barry McKay who was the best attacking midfielder in Scotland last season outside Glasgow.

I’ve never seen anyone quoting interest in them . They are assets in your eyes. Let’s see the big fees you get

12 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

So you have all these incredible players, and you're STILL pretty shite? Amazing.

• Haha 7
26 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Combined Hearts and Aberdeen team would probably be relatively even in terms of players from both sides - Gordon, Halkett and whoever plays RB for you would likely get a game for us, Barry McKay maybe, and Shankland would get some game time off the bench. Halliday might get a job cleaning the toilets.

However, it's all completely irrelevant - we are above you in the league, and that is the norm. You might finish above us the odd season, but you're in the Championship / First Division more regularly than that. 

50 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Wow your team must be worth gazillions 😮 

Hope you don’t sell all these players in January. I will be really worried about yous competing if you do

58 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Fuck off.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Wow!

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Well I'll happily admit our defence is shite, but we've conceded 2 less than Hearts superstars. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Well I'll happily admit our defence is shite, but we've conceded 2 less than Hearts superstars. 

I think maybe what's 'brilliant' for a club like Hearts might be seen as substandard for a club like Aberdeen. 

Certainly sounds like it from what WHS is telling us. 

It's all subjective.

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Turns out it’s not just hibs fans who are fond of state of mind altering drugs…