Bojan Miovski

2 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

He’s worth 15-20M, if we get less than 10 we are fucking idiots. 

We have an absolute diamond on our hands in Miovski and thankfully Cormack has a far better grasp of a player's worth and a track record of securing decent fees compared to the previous regime.

We also have Miovski on a long term contract, so I personally believe we say the starting price is £10m or fuck off.

Know we don't like comparing ourselves to the English leagues, but if he was playing for a lower placed Championship or First Division team they would be taking £15m - £20m.

As others have said, let's just enjoy him while we can 😎

1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

Shearer and Gillhaus were on  another level to what I've seen in a Red jersey, Gillhaus more so, but finishing wise Shearer was the best that I've seen. 

This 100%

Deadly was exactly what big Dunc was. I love Mio but Shearer was even better. Gillhaus better than both of them. 

Jess still a level above all of them❤️🎅🏿

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

This 100%

Deadly was exactly what big Dunc was. I love Mio but Shearer was even better. Gillhaus better than both of them. 

Jess still a level above all of them❤️🎅🏿

Jess pre injury from what I've seen looked like a revelation

Post injury, he went on to the likes of Coventry and Bradford before coming back and sulking about being behind Zerouali in the window of an Atlantic telecom shop window

He is a textbook example of what might have been

Many scotland caps, 18/19?

Absolute waste

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
27 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Post injury, he went on to the likes of Coventry and Bradford before coming back and sulking about being behind Zerouali in the window of an Atlantic telecom shop window

Absolute waste

Sampdoria, one of the top teams in Serie A when it was the best league in the world. They thought they were getting him on a free but he wanted AFC to get a fee seeing as he’d been here since 17 and exploded on the scene at 18. £2mil to EPL Coventry a few years later. Plagued by leg breaks and further bad injuries. He was the best player on the pitch when he broke thru at 18 regardless who we played. And Miller/Mcleish/Bett on the same pitch. Opposition players would actively try and break his legs every week. And they succeeded. 

Played for Bradford in the EPL and a couple seasons in the Championship. 

He wasted fuckall. He was lucky to play again after an early bad leg break v Clydebank.

But aye an absolute waste :clangers2:

35 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Sampdoria, one of the top teams in Serie A when it was the best league in the world. They thought they were getting him on a free but he wanted AFC to get a fee seeing as he’d been here since 17 and exploded on the scene at 18. £2mil to EPL Coventry a few years later. Plagued by leg breaks and further bad injuries. He was the best player on the pitch when he broke thru at 18 regardless who we played. And Miller/Mcleish/Bett on the same pitch. Opposition players would actively try and break his legs every week. And they succeeded. 

He wasted fuckall. He was lucky to play again after an early bad leg break v Clydebank.

Blah blah blah

"Rangers" fans say the same about Durrant 

facts

18 scotland caps

Coventry, Bradford,  Aberdeen and Northampton 

Call that glittering?

• Dildo 1
50 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Blah blah blah

"Rangers" fans say the same about Durrant 

facts

18 scotland caps

Coventry, Bradford,  Aberdeen and Northampton 

Call that glittering?

Or twice young player of the year, played in the Premiership, played for his country, selected by his country for a major tournament, won trophies with his hometown team, captained his hometown team, most done after potential career ending broken ankle so pretty glittering. All about perspective I guess, helped if you actually watched him at the time instead of basing opinions on his wikipedia 

• Upvote 2

At the most basic level, goals win matches.

Miovski does goals...in a shite team. 

He's clever and he's a goal scorer.

That's value. Can't be put in same bracket as Ramsay etc.

He's mid to lower EPL level, and I agree would do well on the continent.

Hopefully stays until end of the season, but doubt it.

Hold our nerve, could be the best bit of business AFC have ever done.

The best thing about him for me? He's a professional and never hides. He cares about the club and his team mates.

Great player.

• Upvote 3

Yeah I also think it goes Jess (breakthrough), Gillhaus, Shearer and Miovski. There’s not been anyone even close in the 30 years since. If Miovski stayed I think he’d go past shearer but he will be off in 2024 I guess. I don’t think he’d ever go past Gillhaus and Jess, technically both on another planet whereas shearer was an outstanding goal scorer. 

I kind of get millertime point, Jess career didn’t fulfil what it should have but also when he came back to us he was carrying a horrendous team and he was still superb. Obviously it takes character to recover from a really bad injury but i don’t think Jess was as motivated by football to really push himself to the level i felt he could play at. I’m sure Coventry players said he was one of best players in training…

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

At the most basic level, goals win matches.

Miovski does goals...in a shite team. 

He's clever and he's a goal scorer.

That's value. Can't be put in same bracket as Ramsay etc.

He's mid to lower EPL level, and I agree would do well on the continent.

Hopefully stays until end of the season, but doubt it.

Hold our nerve, could be the best bit of business AFC have ever done.

The best thing about him for me? He's a professional and never hides. He cares about the club and his team mates.

Great player.

The rate at which Miovski is improving makes me wonder what his ceiling is? He doesn’t seem to have many weaknesses. Will be interesting to follow his career and see where he ends up.

7 hours ago, Russell said:

Or twice young player of the year, played in the Premiership, played for his country, selected by his country for a major tournament, won trophies with his hometown team, captained his hometown team, most done after potential career ending broken ankle so pretty glittering. All about perspective I guess, helped if you actually watched him at the time instead of basing opinions on his wikipedia 

OCH he should have done better. Kenny McLean has had a better career 

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

Absolute waste

Was better than Zerouali at taking corners. 🌲 

Up yours pal. Have a Merry Christmas. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Don’t feed the troll. Anyone slagging Jess is in no way a dons fan 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
50 minutes ago, NEM said:

Don’t feed the troll. Anyone slagging Jess is in no way a dons fan 

I'm not slagging him

I'm tempering some of the ridiculous dewey-eyed keech being trotted out 

If he was half as good as a lot on here say then he absolutely wasted his chance in football 

Scored a few nice goals against Rangers though,  maybe that's it