Bojan Miovski

1 minute ago, Sheeptastic said:

I'm all ears if someone can give me an evidence-based explanation as to why we should expect 10m for him when we have no track record of selling players for that sort of money. Just being realistic, we need to build up to that point.

Because he's significantly better than any other forward we've had for god knows how long, he's only 24 years old with potential to improve, he's got 2+ years remaining on his contract, he's averaging a goal every 2 games (including in Europe) this season in an abysmal side and leads the line for his country.

What player that we've sold in recent times is even close to being comparable to that?

I seriously doubt we'd get £10m, but that's what we should be opening negotiations at to make it clear he isn't going on the cheap.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I'm all ears if someone can give me an evidence-based explanation as to why we should expect 10m for him when we have no track record of selling players for that sort of money. Just being realistic, we need to build up to that point.

At the moment we're a club sitting in the bottom half of the Scottish Premiership, still well within touching distance of 11th place and our record fee for a player is what - 4.8m? Certain teams will be looking at Miovski because he'll present better value for money than other targets. Folk probably need to adjust their expectations or they'll be disappointed when we do sell him. Like I said, I'd take 5m up front, with add ons that bring in a guaranteed 2-3m. Sell-on also a must.

I think when people see Dembele going for £20M from Celtic to Lyon, or media previously speaking about Morelos being worth £20m (lol), then it is easy to get excited about a transfer fee for Bojan, and I can understand the figures getting banded about. The reality is we will get nothing like £20m or even £10m for him and £5/£6m is likely more realistic. Is it right? no. Would be absolutely delighted to be proven wrong, but my guess is we will let him go for that £5/6m figure. 

As @Andy_123 says let’s quote ridiculous figures (not saying £10M is ridiculous) but let it be known we won’t be selling for peanuts with a fee made up of add ons/resale value etc.

Bojan is scoring in a poor side which means he takes his chances when they come.Imagine how many he’d score in a good side!

He’s also an international player.

Scare off all but the serious bidders.

I don’t care how ridiculous a comparison/era it was but Miovski is worth far more to us on pitch than Craig Gordon ever was for Hearts & keepers & strikers are ones that can get ridiculous fees, so we simply shouldn’t reply with anything other than ‘sorry not reached our valuation’ to any club offering less than a potential £10m min with at least £6-7m UP FRONT) & we won’t even enter into discussions with any club unless the min UP FRONT figures are offered. 

That alone will keep the arse cheek twats quiet. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, S2RDS said:

Seen a post just now on his X (Twitter) account saying "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams..". Call me negative, but that doesn't look good. 

Could be looked at get me out of here hence tagging the club, but I have a feeling Bojan might just have agreed a new deal.....with some clauses. 🤔🎅🎄

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Because he's significantly better than any other forward we've had for god knows how long, he's only 24 years old with potential to improve, he's got 2+ years remaining on his contract, he's averaging a goal every 2 games (including in Europe) this season in an abysmal side and leads the line for his country.

What player that we've sold in recent times is even close to being comparable to that?

I seriously doubt we'd get £10m, but that's what we should be opening negotiations at to make it clear he isn't going on the cheap.

If there’s no 10 million then don’t sell him.  

His team mates in the Macedonia team:

Elif Elmas: Rabotnicki to Fenerbahce 300 euro | Fenerbahce to Napoli 19m euro (2019)

Enis Bardhi: Levante to Trabzonspor 3m euros

Ezgjan Alioski : Laguna to Leeds 2.5m euros (2017)

Darko Churlinov: Stuttgart to Burnley 3.5m-5m (undisclosed in 2022)

Not that is alone indicates the potential fee for Miovski, but I do think around the 7m + add ons is a reasonable expectation.

If he goes to Serie A, with the history of Ferguson (likely to move for a decent sum) and Hickey (who went for around 19m) then the potential increase in value of a striker of his age to go on and become a 15-20m striker would be the rationale of his fee beyond further towards the 10m mark.

Southampton supposedly showing an interest...You would expect multiple clubs to be looking at him and therefore demand will (should be its nature) push his valuation up.

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I don’t care how ridiculous a comparison/era it was but Miovski is worth far more to us on pitch than Craig Gordon ever was for Hearts & keepers & strikers are ones that can get ridiculous fees, so we simply shouldn’t reply with anything other than ‘sorry not reached our valuation’ to any club offering less than a potential £10m min with at least £6-7m UP FRONT) & we won’t even enter into discussions with any club unless the min UP FRONT figures are offered. 

That alone will keep the arse cheek twats quiet. 

Craig Gordon was on 20k a week

15 or so years ago

1 hour ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Guy I work with supposedly itk Southampton fan

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Yeah all the expected rumours stemmed from the fact Mowbray went there from us.

St’s by no means a shoe in for promotion to EPL this season (play offs at best) so not sure Miovski would risk going there in January. He will definitely want to go straight to a side that’s going to be in one of the ‘top 5’ leagues next season. 

I think he will go straight to Italian or German league.  

5 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Mins per goal (in all comps) this season is 153. Pretty damn good if you ask me. Especially when you look at the likes of ‘the great’ Kyogo that some are using as a barometer who only has 221 mins per goal this season 🤔 

Miovski gets a fk load less chances to score at us that Kyogo does at celtic 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Mins per goal (in all comps) this season is 153. Pretty damn good if you ask me. Especially when you look at the likes of ‘the great’ Kyogo that some are using as a barometer who only has 221 mins per goal this season 🤔 

Miovski gets a fk load less chances to score at us that Kyogo does at celtic 

Miovski would score 5 per game up front for Celtic against Robson's Aberdeen. 

12 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Southampton couldna afford him min.

A decade of overspending and look where it has got them. 

Bojan Miovski seems to be an intelligent lad, so doubt he would even consider going there, never mind sign for them. 

If they make the EPL he probably would if they were interested. 

No idea why, but I’ve always thought he’d end up in Seria A.