Bojan Miovski

42 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Ignore him, doesn't take a genius to work out that there is significant interest in Miovski, however no need to be an attention seeker by pretending to be "in the know" without ever having to provide the information to back it up.

He doesnt have to reveal anything more than which country these BIG hitters are in.

I'm giving him the chance to prove his self proclaimed ITK status 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

I hope that AFC are prepared for it this time. Our transfer window preparations are absolutely shocking unless they're done early.

Do you not think the club should wait until they know for sure that they’re actually going to get mega bucks in before they go splashing the cash on any replacements?

2 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Search Miovski on Twitter and have a giggle at the number of Celtic fans who assume he’ll go there if they want him. 

I’d be staggered if the Tims even got close to paying what we want 

They don’t spend huge money on Scottish based players.

Scott Brown for £4.5m about 15 years ago is the largest fee paid?

No idea what we’d nibble at, but it’ll be a good bit more than that.

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d be staggered if the Tims even got close to paying what we want 

They don’t spend huge money on Scottish based players.

Scott Brown for £4.5m about 15 years ago is the largest fee paid?

No idea what we’d nibble at, but it’ll be a good bit more than that.

Our first game after the transfer window closes is against Celtic. So we can expect a derisory deadline day bid from them for Miovski.

People can laugh all they want at this but I'd be wanting an 8 figure fee. Teams from Serie A know there is real talent in the SPFL. We need to stop having our pants pulled down. If teams with deep pockets come calling then for me it's £10m or don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out..

Bojan has 14 goals this season and we don't even play in a manner that gets the best out of him. If we did he'd easily be top scorer in this league. 

Add in the fact he's 24, a full regular starting international (unlike shankland) and has 2.5 years left on his contract then we really need to hold our nerve. I do think he'll go next month unfortunately and we need to have a plan B in mind as, while I like Sokler and think he'll be a good player for us, I don't think he's a regular scorer like Bojan. 

1 hour ago, redone said:

Do you not think the club should wait until they know for sure that they’re actually going to get mega bucks in before they go splashing the cash on any replacements?

No, club should be proactive instead of reactive. Miovski replacement should be signed before he leave and any other players the club want signed should also be in the door. If the club wait the selling club will know Aberdeen are minted and hike up prices

13 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

No, club should be proactive instead of reactive. Miovski replacement should be signed before he leave and any other players the club want signed should also be in the door. If the club wait the selling club will know Aberdeen are minted and hike up prices

Sokler already signed. I’d say that’s pretty pro-active tbf.

• Upvote 3
25 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

People can laugh all they want at this but I'd be wanting an 8 figure fee. Teams from Serie A know there is real talent in the SPFL. We need to stop having our pants pulled down. If teams with deep pockets come calling then for me it's £10m or don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out..

Bojan has 14 goals this season and we don't even play in a manner that gets the best out of him. If we did he'd easily be top scorer in this league. 

Add in the fact he's 24, a full regular starting international (unlike shankland) and has 2.5 years left on his contract then we really need to hold our nerve. I do think he'll go next month unfortunately and we need to have a plan B in mind as, while I like Sokler and think he'll be a good player for us, I don't think he's a regular scorer like Bojan. 

Aye but worth remembering the likes is Serie A clubs don’t shop in Scotland for a particular player, they shop in Scotland for a particular player at a particular price. They do what we do, the next rung up on the ladder. Buy cheap, sell big. 

1 hour ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Aye but worth remembering the likes is Serie A clubs don’t shop in Scotland for a particular player, they shop in Scotland for a particular player at a particular price. They do what we do, the next rung up on the ladder. Buy cheap, sell big. 

They'll shop in Scotland for a,player if the one they want is in Scotland. If a Serie A club wants a mobile striker, full international, regular goal scorer at club level (almost 1 in 2 level) considering the shite we play then they'll look at him knowing exactly what he'll bring. 

Look at Rasmus Hojlund for example. Scored 12 goals for Sturm Graz in Austria then Atalanta came in and bought him for €17m. A year later he's going for over €60m..

We might be a small footballing nation but its all we'll ever be if we continue to get our pants pulled down at every opportunity. 

Weegie press are at it again. We turn down 6million for Mioviski in the summer. Why would we accept less than that for a player who is now better and sell him to a rival. Celtic did not go for John McGinn whilst haggling over the price. They may offer 2.5 million but we will tell them where to go. God Celtic fans are still debating if Mioviski is good enough in the same way Rangers fans debated if Lewis Ferguson was good enough for them .Delusional.

Secondly why would Hearts sell Shankland who is their best hope for securing third place. Hearts are bankrolled by Mr Anderson they are under no pressure to sell him. At best Rangers will go for Van Veen .

• Upvote 3
13 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Weegie press are at it again. We turn down 6million for Mioviski in the summer. Why would we accept less than that for a player who is now better and sell him to a rival. Celtic did not go for John McGinn whilst haggling over the price. They may offer 2.5 million but we will tell them where to go. God Celtic fans are still debating if Mioviski is good enough in the same way Rangers fans debated if Lewis Ferguson was good enough for them .Delusional.

Secondly why would Hearts sell Shankland who is their best hope for securing third place. Hearts are bankrolled by Mr Anderson they are under no pressure to sell him. At best Rangers will go for Van Veen .

Given Shankland's age, 18 months left on his contract and he probably fancies it'll help his chances of game time at the Euros, I think Hearts would do a deal at around £2.5-3M.

The media are doing what they do, splitting the two best strikers in the League between the Glasgow clubs. Whilst talking down their value. Good enough to play for, just not pay for.

Hearts are in a very similar position to ourselves where they'd be loco to sell now given what Shankland represents to them. Where our positions diverge is that unfortunately (for them) Shankland has next to no time left on his contract, so they're not going to see a significant return in the January window if they do accept a bid.

As for Miovski, given the length of time remaining on his contract, i don't in any way see his value diminishing if he leaves in the summer rather than January. It may actually increase if he has a second half of the season on a par with the first.

Hopefully the club offer Bojan a (relatively) jaw dropping extension to his current deal, with the understanding that we let him go when x amount is offered. Ensures Miovski stays in the short-term, but on superior wages and provides him the opportunity to move on to bigger and better things when the money's right. Looking after the interests of both the club and the player.