Bojan Miovski

Hearts would stand to make more money for finishing third than Rangers will ever offer them. If I was at Hearts I would be looking for a lot of money cause I think selling him will cost them 3rd.Selling Shankland and getting in Van Veen is too risky .hearts without Shankland is like His without Boyle ( or Aberdeen without Mioviski ).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Going with only Duk and Sokler wouldn’t be a great idea. If Gueye was up to the required standard I’d happily go with those three but he isn’t 

If we sell Miovski then we should bring in another BUT we do technically have his replacement already signed, we have an extra body in that position. Can’t complain about that.

If a bidding war starts it's likely to be this window when teams are desperate for ready made players. If it's crazy money get him sold, get some decent young EPL boy  on loan to sit on the bench while Sokler and Duk get run in to the ground and get his replacement in the summer. 

I guess this depends on how long Duk is expected to be gone in Africa?

17 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Going with only Duk and Sokler wouldn’t be a great idea. If Gueye was up to the required standard I’d happily go with those three but he isn’t 

Maybe not but that’s not really the point.

Sokler and Gueye were signed as backups to Miovski and Duk, obviously they aren’t as good but it seems pretty clear to me one of the reasons we have 4 strikers is we can sell one without it being an immediate crisis.

To put it another way I don’t think it’s a coincidence we have more cover in this are of the pitch than some others at the moment.

Miovski has the ability to join a team from one of the top 5 leagues at the moment based on his current and previous form, whether he wants to wait it out for better offers or take a chance now will determine the outcome, personally I would prefer him to stay until the summer as he will only get better and more valuable, there’s no way he will join either of the Glasgow 2, 

12 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Maybe not but that’s not really the point.

Sokler and Gueye were signed as backups to Miovski and Duk, obviously they aren’t as good but it seems pretty clear to me one of the reasons we have 4 strikers is we can sell one without it being an immediate crisis.

To put it another way I don’t think it’s a coincidence we have more cover in this are of the pitch than some others at the moment.

That is the point tho, the club cannot sell Miovski and not take in a replacement. Sokler may well be Miovki’s direct replacement but that still leaves the option upfront very thin as Gueye hasn’t shown anything of note let alone he can help take the burden of losing Miovski

9 minutes ago, Donderheid said:

Miovski has the ability to join a team from one of the top 5 leagues at the moment based on his current and previous form, whether he wants to wait it out for better offers or take a chance now will determine the outcome, personally I would prefer him to stay until the summer as he will only get better and more valuable, there’s no way he will join either of the Glasgow 2, 

Or he could get a ruptured knee ligament?

Just saying.

Just now, Hoofball said:

That is the point tho, the club cannot sell Miovski and not take in a replacement. Sokler may well be Miovki’s direct replacement but that still leaves the option upfront very thin as Gueye hasn’t shown anything of note let alone he can help take the burden of losing Miovski

I think the original post I replied to was that we couldn’t sell Miovski until we have signed his replacement.

I totally disagree and don’t think the club will take that view at all- they think they’ve signed Sokler to have that flexibility.

They can then look to sign a replacement after Miovski is gone in the knowledge they have a few options in the meantime.

PS- if you are expecting Miovski’s replacement to be as good as he is you may be very disappointed!

19 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

If Duk comes into form similar to last season's then we might just about get away with losing Miovski, however I'm still not 100% convinced on Sokler, and I'm not even 1% sure on Gueye. 

Anyone know how Bavidge has been doing out on loan? Is he ready to come back and play some part in the second half of the season?

• Upvote 1

Would hate to see him leave,more so for 6 million talk. 

He's off summer if not before and I suspect that's why we have Sokler etc. I would give Sokler the opportunity to take place,he's shown with some game time he has a bit about him. Bavidge to come back in summer too alongside Gueye and Duk hangs about we don't NEED to buy in but I suspect we would eventually.