Kelle Roos

25 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I never understood the Alexander deal (I mean from his perspective).  Unless there were concerns for Lewis even then.

best and most able back up we’ve had for a while.

He was decent but Cerny was better imo. Someone of the standard of those two would be good as back up for Roos 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Medw1311 said:

I see his wife has been named as captain of our women's team.

Most experienced player at 29 as all others in squad (of which there are currently only about 11 plus any youngsters promoted from 18s) are 21 or below bar Paterson

16 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

She only signed a 1 year deal. Was hoping she would have signed a 2 which would have indicated a contract extension was on the way for Kelle.

agreeing to be captain hopefully means its probable they will be staying

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We need to get his contract extended pretty soon. Want him to be tied to club long term 🤞 great keeper 

Agreed.  Some of this transfer cash should get punted his way in an extension.  Best keeper in the league, statistically.

I wouldn't get carried away with this guy yet. Before his injury last season he was flappy as hell. In fact I can't remember him making a bloody save. Every shot went flying in. I specifically remember saying to my mate... he doesn't dive, he doesn't save shots. 

Now granted form improved second half, he made some crucial saves. The up turn in defence i put more down to bollock and donny throwing their bodies at almost every shot rather than Roos turning into Craig Gordon. 

I wouldn't be splurging money at this guy yet and I have a fear he will cost us at times this year. His career track record says this to be true! 

• Dildo 9
8 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Kelle was the player put up for the media today for tomorrows press.

Will it coincide with an announcement that he's taken the #1 shirt or is he sticking with #24?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kelle-roos/rueckennummern/spieler/123503#:~:text=%2324 Kelle Roos&text=This statistic shows which squad,history and to which players.

Only senior team he's been #1 is Rotherham for 1 season; so to answer your question it's unlikely he will ditch 24.

12 minutes ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

I wouldn't get carried away with this guy yet. Before his injury last season he was flappy as hell. In fact I can't remember him making a bloody save. Every shot went flying in. I specifically remember saying to my mate... he doesn't dive, he doesn't save shots. 

Now granted form improved second half, he made some crucial saves. The up turn in defence i put more down to bollock and donny throwing their bodies at almost every shot rather than Roos turning into Craig Gordon. 

I wouldn't be splurging money at this guy yet and I have a fear he will cost us at times this year. His career track record says this to be true! 

Disagree with this, thought Roos was immense after injury, made plenty fantastic saves, don’t think the defence was as good as people make out given the number of saves Roos was having to make. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
3 hours ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

Your mate thinks you talk shit btw

• Haha 2
22 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Kelle was the player put up for the media today for tomorrows press.

Will it coincide with an announcement that he's taken the #1 shirt or is he sticking with #24?

22 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You make me laugh Tord.

Your wee mind, ticking over, thinking about wee scenarios, lying in yer Dons duvet 

Apparently he wanted to keep 24 (picked because of his kids birthday).

We should have given #1 to Doohan or Ritchie. Going all season with no #1 is too crazy for my liking

On 8/4/2023 at 7:12 AM, Postman Pats Cat said:

What absolute fucking rubbish.

On 8/4/2023 at 2:12 AM, Postman Pats Cat said:

Now granted form improved second half, he made some crucial saves.

Points on the board, min.

On 8/4/2023 at 2:12 AM, Postman Pats Cat said:

The up turn in defence i put more down to bollock and donny throwing their bodies at almost every shot rather than Roos turning into Craig Gordon. 

You credit his play with Pollock and MacDonald in front of him but don't cut him any slack for having the Stewart and Scales combo in front of him.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, starryfish said:

The goalie we had in the first half of last season was back with a vengeance today, and the rest, a dreadful performance from him. Made one good block but a huge number of unforced errors, his attempt for the second Saints goal looked weak as fuck as well 

Roos has unfortunately spent enough time around Doohan to know he’s shite so Roos standards have dropped again. Needed Gorter back as he kept Roos on his toes

15 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Roos has unfortunately spent enough time around Doohan to know he’s shite so Roos standards have dropped again. Needed Gorter back as he kept Roos on his toes

You do realise Gorter wasn't here when Roos was at his best, he'd already been sent back home by Robson.