The Luis Lopes Thread

18 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Would you sign a new contract with a club that plays such shite football and formation that it has lost you your place in the Cape Verde squad.

I know the football is shite and the blame for that lies with Robson, but that doesn't make the players beyond criticism.

Everytime Duk had the ball last year he was making something happen, whether that was scoring a banger, setting someone up, getting past 2 players and us further up the park or doing some great defensive work. There was genuine excitement when he got on the ball.

I love the guy but this year he seems to struggle to get the ball out his feet half the time. He's still getting plenty of the ball, he's just not as effective. That's not down to shite tactics. That's down to a player off form.

49 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I know the football is shite and the blame for that lies with Robson, but that doesn't make the players beyond criticism.

Everytime Duk had the ball last year he was making something happen, whether that was scoring a banger, setting someone up, getting past 2 players and us further up the park or doing some great defensive work. There was genuine excitement when he got on the ball.

I love the guy but this year he seems to struggle to get the ball out his feet half the time. He's still getting plenty of the ball, he's just not as effective. That's not down to shite tactics. That's down to a player off form.

Of course he isn’t blame free but having to endure Robsonball as a fan is fucking torture, image what it must be like as a player especially when you played your best football with the ball was on the ground and not rifled towards you from 40 yards away. How is he supposed to play himself back into form when he can’t get hold of the ball

When Duk is on form he's great to watch because he's a maverick and is willing to try the unexpected. And there's not a lot of that going on in our league for the most part. 

Whilst our current midfield set up probably doesn't suit him he's a still a bit of a streak player really. Hopefully he's hitting his stride again now and we get a good spell from him, he's starting to show signs of catching fire recently. 

4 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Of course he isn’t blame free but having to endure Robsonball as a fan is fucking torture, image what it must be like as a player especially when you played your best football with the ball was on the ground and not rifled towards you from 40 yards away. How is he supposed to play himself back into form when he can’t get hold of the ball

You must be missing the halcyon days of Jim Goodwin...