The Luis Lopes Thread

not had a great season but its 3 million Euros. Not nearly enough surely. We are short on wide options and Due does give us an option. We are patently short out wide yet seem happy to let Duk and Besuijen go leaving only Morris. Surely not.

Obviously we will lose Mioviski and Due at some point but both during a January window. Surely not.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, davierobb said:

not had a great season but its 3 million Euros. Not nearly enough surely. We are short on wide options and Due does give us an option. We are patently short out wide yet seem happy to let Duk and Besuijen go leaving only Morris. Surely not.

Obviously we will lose Mioviski and Due at some point but both during a January window. Surely not.

We always have Duncan 😂

I think with his general demeanour this season he wanted away in the summer 

at least we would be getting something , in comparison we “ made 900000 through the ramadani sale so it would be a bit more than this 

for me he hasn’t looked this year like a player that is worth over 3 million 

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

I love him but 3 million for someone who’s only performed for 5 months out of 1.5 years isn’t bad. 

Yep

Last season I,  bravely, admit I loved him like I loved Zerouali 

This season however he has been a wee idiot

Undoubtedly hampered by robsons tactics but even then, he still hasn't been anywhere near good enough

Having one good season is easy 

1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I thought I'd seen Cormack saying we'd paid a fee and the sell on wasn't that high

Hmm... who to believe?  Goodwin who thought the likes of Stewart and Richardson would be good defenders for Aberdeen or the guy that appointed both him and Robson?  Tough choice.

When it comes to those two, neither. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

That's a bit harsh is it nae.

Not really. I am one of the least harsh ones on him. He’s been okay this season and took until January to get going last season. 3 million isn’t a bad deal for a player who hasn’t performed consistently. 

As I said, I love him but maybe best move for all parties. He can’t even get a regular game. 

2 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

This is not really surprising as the club model is to flip players for a profit, so we'll see a revolving door of players coming and going every couple of seasons and never really have a settled side.

Dont buy this comment completely as we signed 16 (?) last summer and 13 (?) the summer before so it's going to be exaggerated right now.

If we bring in 4 or so Summer 2024 then it should slow down to a 1 per year which is what Celtic are doing

Just now, red kev said:

Hes a 250k man on anyone's watch. Surley no-one thinks he's worth millions? He's been horrible this season. 

Duk hasn't hit the heights of last season (and Miovski aside that's true of pretty much everyone), but he's been decent. Nothing special, but decent and certainly not horrible.

1 minute ago, JamieMT said:

Duk hasn't hit the heights of last season (and Miovski aside that's true of pretty much everyone), but he's been decent. Nothing special, but decent and certainly not horrible.

Yep, control, spin, slot by the keeper and 2 despairing defenders away at Paok certainly wasn’t horrible, not lit it up yet this season but quality he is, certainly not horrible and certainly more than 250k worth, strange comment from newbie 🤔

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Yep, control, spin, slot by the keeper and 2 despairing defenders away at Paok certainly wasn’t horrible, not lit it up yet this season but quality he is, certainly not horrible and certainly more than 250k worth, strange comment from newbie 🤔

No strange comment I just have eyes and am not blinded by last season duks been useless this season bar 1/2 decent moments 

11 minutes ago, red kev said:

No strange comment I just have eyes and am not blinded by last season duks been useless this season bar 1/2 decent moments 

IMG-7364.png

his contribution this season (goal,assist)

doesn’t strike me as horrible is all, looking at his contributions, with his game time under Robson this season smacks as quite good, could be better as we all know who good he really can be, not horrible though.

• Upvote 6
17 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

It's how we sell a move to a Mioskvi, Ramadani, Duk etc .. we're a shop window / springboard club and it's a good way to make easy money IF we identify the right players. They get to play in full houses at Ibrox and Celtic Park, Hampden, European football.. then move to a bigger club once their profile is raised. Rinse and repeat. Downside is the team is forever 'in transition'.

Upside though is we get mouth watering transfer fees so that the level of player we buy in the first place is a rung above what we are currently

Its really exciting this side of it

Having said that, I would hope we reject it and Duk recreates the second half of last season, this last half of this season

He's been a damp squib so far this season as I was convinced he was other worldly, but as has been said before, his Cape Verde situation males me think he was a complete flash in the pan 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Upside though is we get mouth watering transfer fees so that the level of player we buy in the first place is a rung above what we are currently

Having said that, I would hope we reject it and Duk recreates the second half of last season, this last half of this season

He's been a damp squib so far this season as I was convinced he was other worldly, but as has been said before, his Cape Verde situation males me think he was a complete flash in the pan 

Good stocky shoulders and thighs though.

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Duk's skills are abundant. When he's firing on all cylinders he's a thing of beauty, a player like that is never a flash in the pan.

Just now, JamieMT said:

Duk's skills are abundant. When he's firing on all cylinders he's a thing of beauty, a player like that is never a flash in the pan.

The fact he has only "fired on all cylinders" for what, 30% of his games would suggest entirely that he IS a flash in the pan?

• Dildo 1

£3m is probably a reasonable reflection of Duk's value. He hasn't been a regular starter for us this season and when he has got on he's not been anything other than bang average.

I'd take the cash with some provisos. We tell Young Boys that the transfer has to be concluded by the 15th and it's a straight cash deal, no clauses with ifs, ands or buts. That would give us time to get a suitable replacement in the door before the window closes.

Goes without saying that if Duk goes this window, Miovski doesn't get sold until the summer. Despite Duk's lack of form, losing both this month would just be too much of a risk especially with our present poor league position.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Millertime said:

The fact he has only "fired on all cylinders" for what, 30% of his games would suggest entirely that he IS a flash in the pan?

Last season he took a while to bed in, not at all uncommon for players from abroad regardless of the League they play in. But once he did he was on fire.

This season such performances have been sporadic. But again, Miovski aside those who shone last season haven't hit the same heights and i lay the responsibility of that largely at the feet of Barry Robson and his talent stifling tactics.

If we're talking flash in the pan, i'd look to Sam Cosgrove. Purple patch either side of which he couldn't hit a barn door and during which we were often left mystified by him hitting the net despite being absolutely rotten.

2 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Last season he took a while to bed in, not at all uncommon for players from abroad regardless of the League they play in. But once he did he was on fire.

This season such performances have been sporadic. But again, Miovski aside those who shone last season haven't hit the same heights and i lay the responsibility of that largely at the feet of Barry Robson and his talent stifling tactics.

If we're talking flash in the pan, i'd look to Sam Cosgrove. Purple patch either side of which he couldn't hit a barn door and during which we were often left mystified by him hitting the net despite being absolutely rotten.

Duk so far is the same

There's no arguing it and I'm not debating it with you

I'm telling you, plain and simple, how it is

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Duk so far is the same

There's no arguing it and I'm not debating it with you

I'm telling you, plain and simple, how it is

It's not, "how it is". It's your opinion versus my opinion, therefore it can be argued and debated.