The Luis Lopes Thread

I suppose the club must know whether he is interested in a new contract or not. Surely they'll have sounded him/his agent out. If they haven't shown any interest in it then its maybe not a bad deal. He's only got 18 months left. I'd still be looking for a bit more considering we are giving half of the fee away allegedly. 

3 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I thought the 50% clause had been debunked?

There was talk that we paid £300k for him to help reduce the percentage but knowing just how glaiket our esteemed Director of Football is, it wouldn't surprise me we paid the £300k on top and it's a 60% sell on fee.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, minijc said:

There was talk that we paid £300k for him to help reduce the percentage but knowing just how glaiket our esteemed Director of Football is, it wouldn't surprise me we paid the £300k on top and it's a 60% sell on fee.

I thought I'd seen Cormack saying we'd paid a fee and the sell on wasn't that high

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Goodwin mentioned it so presumably he’d know. 

Hmm... who to believe?  Goodwin who thought the likes of Stewart and Richardson would be good defenders for Aberdeen or the guy that appointed both him and Robson?  Tough choice.

1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Losing both Duk and Miovski in this window would be a worry. 

It is possible both could be subject to offers "too big to refuse"

We really need to spread these sales out though or try and hold both off until the summer. 

We've made decent coin from Europe and we've got a lot of work to do second half of the season 

Losing both of them in the January window would be kamikaze stuff. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

We really need to spread these sales out though or try and hold both off until the summer. 

We've made decent coin from Europe and we've got a lot of work to do second half of the season 

Be aright with Pape and Sokler 🤨

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree, but if there's clubs willing to shell out big fees, can we refuse?  I know technically we can refuse because we don't need to sell, but if it's big money and from clubs the players want to go to, will we say no?

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Wouldn't disagree with a word of that. Unfortunately if the money's right they'll both leave during this window.

Just have to hope no club bids whatever number's deemed sufficient to trigger a sale.

3 minutes ago, scottymc said:

3 million!? Fuck off. That’s a shit decision by the club if true. Genuinely that is fucking pish. It wouldn’t surprise me though. 

Maybe its him that wants the move so maybe any offers over 3 mil we are listening to them , but until there is something more concrete other than the dreaded evening express no contact report there no point panicking just yet