Celtic 2 - 0 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So we effectively did pretty much write off this game. Scales (or a player of our own of his quality) would have been a difference & allowed McCrorie to play in midfield. 
Combined with lack of other signings also. 

Putting McCrorie in defense seemed more damage limitation measures than try to win tactics.

We were always going to be on the back foot, but maybe we could have tried to play further forward than our own box.

We also needed to work much harder than we did... always seems to be our biggest failing.

• Upvote 1
Just now, BonnieDon said:

Richardson was clearly being targeted. Raith Rovers targeted him the other week too. Slightly concerned we paid 300k for the lad. Deserves time to prove himself.

Brutal honestly, Polvara isn't good enough for this level nor the Scottish Championship. League 1 standard.

Fucking hell. Cause he was struggling against Celtic at times? He was terrible first 15 minutes but settled in alright. 

At least it’s out of the way. Never winning that game. Polvara completely out of his depth, thankfully he won’t be playing too much this season. Jota is phenomenal. Still in it until that ridiculous strike but in truth Celtic were wasteful and should have won by more. Disappointing to not lay a glove on them out with Johnny hayes guilt edged chance but what can you do? They’re much better than us. 

What was sort of expected,  so trying not to lose my enthusiasm but its still tough not to

Stewarts positioning,  again was superb 

Bottom line is, Polvara was directly at fault for both goals (though it didn't seem to be that high a shot, surely Roos could have got to it) and if Barron was fit, Polvara wouldn't have played

Least it wasn't a spanking so morale shouldn't take too much of a hit 

Imperative we win next week now

I might have been overly harsh on Richardson first half because Jota basically played as good v Coulson on other side. 
Jota is a quality player & can make pretty much any FB in our league look bad. 
Will give Richardson the benefit of doubt for now. 

we are only a couple of quality signings away from being a decent side. 

5 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

At least it’s out of the way. Never winning that game. Polvara completely out of his depth, thankfully he won’t be playing too much this season. Jota is phenomenal. Still in it until that ridiculous strike but in truth Celtic were wasteful and should have won by more. Disappointing to not lay a glove on them out with Johnny hayes guilt edged chance but what can you do? They’re much better than us. 

I'm encouraged that no-one suggested Hayes deliberately missed that chance.

Everyone give themselves a round of applause for that ?

Other teams will have a go at them this season and rattle their defence and some will get something from the game.

But it seems our fans are so conditioned to us defending against Celtic that they will defend negative sitting back tactics.

Is this no what we complained about with Mchunnis

I think we actually showed a lot of promise there, for me it was far more encouraging than last season.

The worked hard to play out from the back against a Celtic team that presses well and works to get the ball back quickly.

Clearly some of the players have plenty to learn at this level: Polvara and Richardson the most obvious in this category for me, but I think they can learn and improve as the season goes on.

Ramadani got better as the game went on Miovski had a few moments, Kennedy was ok, Hayes still making those runs and Bezzy is improving I think.

The result was always going to be Celtic and they're a good team at the moment, Ange is a good coach imo.

Of course some of our support will insist Celtic are shite and we should have horsed them.

I'm looking forward to seeing the next 3 or 4 games now and we'll really learn see this team is capable of.

• Haha 2

No way a Celtic will play with that intensity all season. They had 2 and 3 players on us straight away as soon as we had possession of the ball. 
Anyone with a footballing brain will understand how difficult it is to get going In a game like that against the best team in the country. 

cue the clowns  also having a meltdown seeing Duk have an arm round Jota and a laugh with him at full time 

• Upvote 2

Connor Barron will make a difference, being able to do something in tight areas under pressure in midfield - Polvara just played safe pass backwards every time. I'm not having a go at him, I think he did okay considering we hardly had any possession. I think he needs games where we have lots of possession to build his confidence. He's a tidy enough player, but lacks a bit of edge and energy. McCrorie back in midfield will help.

I thought Coulson looked decent on the ball, and will give him the benefit of the doubt regarding his misplaced passes as he was thrown in at the deep end a bit. Unfair to judge Duk on that cameo when the ball was really just getting launched up to him.

The next few games will tell us where we're really at.

• Upvote 2

Outplayed for most of the game but definitely some encouraging signs.

Roos decent shot stopper but a bit dodgy with the theatrical punches.

Stewart reads the game so well. Think he'll be a great signing.

McRorie did well in a position that was filled by Bates last season. A guy who is meant to be a centre half and Goodwin made excuses for.

Coulson looked good despite his lack of match fitness.

Rama, Hayes, Vinny And Miovski all showed some good glimpses.

Richardson needs to improve and think Polvara could benefit from a loan. 

Duk needs to work on his fitness

Desperately need a centre mid and centre half in the building. 

As most predicted not having Scales really disrupted the team and today should show exactly why these types of loans don't work. 

Not an unexpected result but this won't be what defines the season. Watched a bit of the St Mirren game before ours kicked off and by fuck they are awful. We should be doing to them what Celtic done to us. Except be less wasteful.  

1 minute ago, caledonia said:

Other teams will have a go at them this season and rattle their defence and some will get something from the game.

But it seems our fans are so conditioned to us defending against Celtic that they will defend negative sitting back tactics.

Is this no what we complained about with Mchunnis

Other teams won’t be given the same respect from Celtic.

If Celtic show that same intensity again st Mirren and Motherwell etc, they’ll hammer them 5 and 6 nil