Cal Roberts

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Watched a few match highlights on the Youtubes, hard to compare, but as I noted previously the standard is surprisingly good. 

I don't think we should write off anyone coming from the lower English leagues, because Scottish football isn't all that and a bag of chips itself. 

Forgot all about McLennan. Maybe this will be the year he comes into his own and turns into the player we initially thought he could be but then wasn't. 

I mean, that won't happen, obviously, but it would be nice to think it might. 

I can't say i've watched much of the National League but you can only score against the teams you play against. He obviously knows the way to goal so maybe with better players around him he'll flourish. 

Just need a left back and a centre mid and i don't think anyone can say they're unhappy with our business. 

Digging the fact he only has one expression... a sort of steely-eyed stare that hints at elevated levels of violence. 

Like Rico without the good hair and entourage of giggling fanny. 

Nothing there not to like. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Watched a few match highlights on the Youtubes, hard to compare, but as I noted previously the standard is surprisingly good. 

I don't think we should write off anyone coming from the lower English leagues, because Scottish football isn't all that and a bag of chips itself. 

Forgot all about McLennan. Maybe this will be the year he comes into his own and turns into the player we initially thought he could be but then wasn't. 

I mean, that won't happen, obviously, but it would be nice to think it might. 

Nah it won't. Somewhere in the RedTV stuff there's a vid of players best presents ever. Mostly it's footballs or a Dons strip or Lego... mostly... McLennans was one of those four by four bikes that killed Rik Mayall.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Welcome aboard, Sir. 

Work hard, do goal/assists and show nothing but pure malicious hatred towards the arse cheeks and you'll be fine.

Poor performance in any one of these categories can only be compensated for by massively increased performance in the other two 

Welcome aboard Callum. As with every player the Dons sign I'll get right behind him as long as he gives his all for the jersey every week. 

I've every confidence in Goodwin and the scouting network we have in place now it appears to be a far more thorough operation. Not every signing will be a big success that's just football but I have more confidence in what goes on behind the scenes and the strategy we have in place now.

• Like 1

like i've said i'm fairly negative on signing a player from the conference but will give him a chance however here is my very positive tuppence worth....

This guy had the highest xG+xA in the league last season.

If we parachuted any of our attacking players in to the conference would they manage to get anywhere near that? I'm not convinced